Super Smash Bros.

Just A Dot

Brawlcopy_zps62c9df94.png

I love the Super Smash Bros. series a lot. Like, really, a lot. I have 100%ed Smash 64 (both N64 and Wii VC), Melee (excluding the notifications for playing 10,000, 100,000, and 1,000,000 matches, as well as the one for beating Adventure on Very Hard with 1 Stock, and the AR trophies) and Brawl ('cept the notifications for 100,000 and 1,000,000 matches.) I also go to Brawl tournaments from time to time.

This here topic is to discuss everything there is to discuss about Smash Bros. That includes records, techniques, competition, story and theories (Subspace is deep :P), and the upcoming game.

I personally want the next game to have physics more like Brawl+, and have advanced techniques from all three games (L-Cancel, Wavedash (via a hybrid airdodge), DACUS, etc.) I'm not caring too much about the roster, but I hope everyone from Brawl returns, as well as Roy and Mewtwo.

i think that the subspace emissary has to be one of the best storylines and uses the best objects from the various games to really add to the plot.my favorite parts by far are the subspace cannon battle and thelink/yoshi v.s. mario/pit battle(its just awesome to see how angry they can get when someone is beatin on their princesses :P )

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

I'm very excited that SSB4 has been confirmed to be shown at E3 2013.SO AWESOME!Anyways, hoping for most of the Brawl roster to return, more characters from newer IPs, a few third party characters, and mechanics that don't completely throw out the mechanics of the old games, but add in a bit more complexity (combos, super attacks, etc.).

i think that the subspace emissary has to be one of the best storylines and uses the best objects from the various games to really add to the plot.my favorite parts by far are the subspace cannon battle and thelink/yoshi v.s. mario/pit battle(its just awesome to see how angry they can get when someone is beatin on their princesses :P )

Everyone seems to think that Subspace had a stupid plot, so I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who liked it (even though I hated the gameplay.)

I'm very excited that SSB4 has been confirmed to be shown at E3 2013.SO AWESOME!Anyways, hoping for most of the Brawl roster to return, more characters from newer IPs, a few third party characters, and mechanics that don't completely throw out the mechanics of the old games, but add in a bit more complexity (combos, super attacks, etc.).

One thing I hope for is a better story mode. There was one part in Subspace where you had to use a Metal Cap to go underwater and get a trophy. How about we reimagine this, so that there's a level where you need to go underwater. You have to figure out first that you need a metal cap, then find it, then make it back to the water before it runs out. I would love to see puzzles based around creative use of items/moves, as well as more levels like The Great Maze (but shorter.)

BTW, where did you get that banner, Terminus?

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

Story mode could definitely use improvements all around. Maze-y levels would definitely be a plus, and areas requiring use of specific characters' abilities would also be cool.Also, a bigger story and full voice acting would be great. Subspace was pretty good, but it kinda fell short in the storytelling department... Didn't really have any, besides the cutscenes, which had no voices/text at all.Also, made the banner, I'll be taking requests once I get my laptop up and running. And I sadly have no idea when that will be, hopefully within a month.

While the idea of the Subspace Emissary was great, I think the execution left something to be desired. I wish that they'd used more enemies from existing universes rather than creating Subspace enemies (i.e. Shy Guys, Bulborbs, Zebesians, Keese, Deku Scrubs, etc.), especially since many of the Subspace enemies functioned similarly to existing enemies. It seems like the development team just got lazy with their research and cobbled something together in order to release on time.

Also, while I loved the idea of playable characters teaming up, it kind of defeats the purpose if only one character is present in-game at a time. I would have rather had both characters on the screen at the same time and be able to switch between controlling them directly and letting a CPU take over. I know that approach would have its own problems, but at least it would be more aesthetically pleasing. :unsure:

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

While the idea of the Subspace Emissary was great, I think the execution left something to be desired. I wish that they'd used more enemies from existing universes rather than creating Subspace enemies (i.e. Shy Guys, Bulborbs, Zebesians, Keese, Deku Scrubs, etc.), especially since many of the Subspace enemies functioned similarly to existing enemies. It seems like the development team just got lazy with their research and cobbled something together in order to release on time.

Also, while I loved the idea of playable characters teaming up, it kind of defeats the purpose if only one character is present in-game at a time. I would have rather had both characters on the screen at the same time and be able to switch between controlling them directly and letting a CPU take over. I know that approach would have its own problems, but at least it would be more aesthetically pleasing. :unsure:

Those are both great ideas, the first one especially being something I wanted to see.

Also, remember levels like The Canyon? You could choose between Mario, Link, Pit, Yoshi, and Kirby? But only 4 of them? Why must one sit out? I want to go through all characters before a game over. I realize this may make some levels way too easy, so how about they don't revive unless you find their trophy hidden in the level where they died? This could even create branching paths in the game.

The SE did leave something to be desired. It was a little too straightforward; not too much room to explore. Nevertheless, it was pretty awesome regardless.

1. What about redoing characters/new ones?

Personally, I think Mario definitely needs an overhaul, and the rest of the series' characters as well (excluding Luigi, who will probably be distinguished by his own LM series soon enough). Also, it needs a new character, and not Dr. Mario. I'd be fun to see Bowser Jr. join the fray, since he's played an awfully large part in the series since Sunshine.

And please, do not yarnize or mechanize Yoshi. PLEASE.

The Zelda series needs an overhaul too, but that can be fixed using SS (but for the love of Tohu, please fix Ganondorf) as a base for Link and Zelda. Toon Link can be fixed using WW HD, and the new character...should be either Ghirahim or Midna. Demise would be pretty boss, but he only appeared at the end of the game (in a humanoid form).

But those are the two big series. All the others: F-Zero, Kirby, Pikmin, etc. are doing pretty good, with not much to be desired. Of course, Falcon was royally screwed up in Brawl, so I'm hoping the graphics are better, but his performance is that of Melee. Meta Knight was excellent in Brawl, and I wouldn't change him a bit. And Olimar...I personally hate his fighting style, but he is one of Nintendo's top franchises, so...we'll keep him. Sonic needs more characters, but it was cool to see his start in Brawl.

Nintendo needs more though. I am not saying "add every single video game character ever made" or "150 FTW", but bring some different characters to the spotlight: Pac-Man, Crash, Mega Man, Chibi-Robo, etc. would be good. However, let's not stray from Nintendo too much...

because we don't want this back...

Thumb_Bubsy_3D_-_1996_-_Accolade.jpg

...ever again.

2. Who should go?

This...is where I destroy characters. Let's start with one that for some reason, managed to stick around for all games thus far...JIGGLYPUFF.

Now, many will disagree with this, but in the beginning, he wasn't so bad, at 8 on the tier list. The series had only begun, so it didn't look so bad. But then he appeared again...and things looked even better: 3. To be honest, I wonder how on earth he did that good, because I hated him. And then, he took a nosedive, straight into the Bazaar of Skyloft. 35, out of 38 characters total. Now believe me, I am not basing this on tier lists. I've played as Jigg quite afew times, and have facepalmed and regretted doing it. Yes, he's awfully popular, but he sucks, and he must go.

Also from Pokemon...that dreadful, nameless TRAINER.

Ranking at 28 on the Brawl tier list, this guy is in the Worst 10. Why? I think he leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, the characters seem lackluster (in gameplay though. Who doesn't like Squirtle?) Squirtle=Bowser, Ivysaur I just don't like, and Charizard has the power of his Poke Ball form. Now, I can clearly see Sakurai was trying to offer a new experience, but it didn't work out, really. Add on to that that the Trainer was nameless (hello Ash) we have a character that needs to go POOF!

These are the major one. Others I want out are Ice Climbers, and Ike, but I'm too lazy to write about them now.

In short, that is what needs to be fixed. Is good?

~LTT~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Tabuu was kind of a surprising appearance. But his appearance was great, he's fun to fight against, his battle song is awesome and Off-Wave is really annoying but it's fun to try and avoid it.

I've played on various online tournaments, I didn't won any but my main character is Samus. I have over a hundred fights fought with her and she's just so sweet to play as.

I wish the next SSB has more fun characters.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

The SE did leave something to be desired. It was a little too straightforward; not too much room to explore. Nevertheless, it was pretty awesome regardless.

1. What about redoing characters/new ones?

Personally, I think Mario definitely needs an overhaul, and the rest of the series' characters as well (excluding Luigi, who will probably be distinguished by his own LM series soon enough). Also, it needs a new character, and not Dr. Mario. I'd be fun to see Bowser Jr. join the fray, since he's played an awfully large part in the series since Sunshine.

And please, do not yarnize or mechanize Yoshi. PLEASE.

The Zelda series needs an overhaul too, but that can be fixed using SS (but for the love of Tohu, please fix Ganondorf) as a base for Link and Zelda. Toon Link can be fixed using WW HD, and the new character...should be either Ghirahim or Midna. Demise would be pretty boss, but he only appeared at the end of the game (in a humanoid form).

But those are the two big series. All the others: F-Zero, Kirby, Pikmin, etc. are doing pretty good, with not much to be desired. Of course, Falcon was royally screwed up in Brawl, so I'm hoping the graphics are better, but his performance is that of Melee. Meta Knight was excellent in Brawl, and I wouldn't change him a bit. And Olimar...I personally hate his fighting style, but he is one of Nintendo's top franchises, so...we'll keep him. Sonic needs more characters, but it was cool to see his start in Brawl.

Nintendo needs more though. I am not saying "add every single video game character ever made" or "150 FTW", but bring some different characters to the spotlight: Pac-Man, Crash, Mega Man, Chibi-Robo, etc. would be good. However, let's not stray from Nintendo too much...

2. Who should go?

This...is where I destroy characters. Let's start with one that for some reason, managed to stick around for all games thus far...JIGGLYPUFF.

Now, many will disagree with this, but in the beginning, he wasn't so bad, at 8 on the tier list. The series had only begun, so it didn't look so bad. But then he appeared again...and things looked even better: 3. To be honest, I wonder how on earth he did that good, because I hated him. And then, he took a nosedive, straight into the Bazaar of Skyloft. 35, out of 38 characters total. Now believe me, I am not basing this on tier lists. I've played as Jigg quite afew times, and have facepalmed and regretted doing it. Yes, he's awfully popular, but he sucks, and he must go.

Also from Pokemon...that dreadful, nameless TRAINER.

Ranking at 28 on the Brawl tier list, this guy is in the Worst 10. Why? I think he leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, the characters seem lackluster (in gameplay though. Who doesn't like Squirtle?) Squirtle=Bowser, Ivysaur I just don't like, and Charizard has the power of his Poke Ball form. Now, I can clearly see Sakurai was trying to offer a new experience, but it didn't work out, really. Add on to that that the Trainer was nameless (hello Ash) we have a character that needs to go POOF!

These are the major one. Others I want out are Ice Climbers, and Ike, but I'm too lazy to write about them now.

In short, that is what needs to be fixed. Is good?

~LTT~

Okay, I feel Mario should have Star Spin as an Up B, and Ground Pound as a Down B, and homing Ground Pound as a Down B that cancels your Up B.

Luigi, same Up B and Neutral B, but Down B should be suck, and Side B should be tap for water, charge for fire, and charge all the way for a block of ice.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario definitely.

I really don't want Midna or Ghirahim, they were too minor (only one game each?), and I want to see The Hero of Time as a playable Link instead (probably the most notable.) I was thinking of a really complex moveset, he is only Adult Link, Down B is the Song of Time, making him Child Link, and each of Child Link's specials make him put on a different mask (Goron, Zora, and Deku.) Each mask has a unique moveset. It'd be interesting to see how that plays out.

Falcon is underrated. I know a single good Falcon player, and, while I admit he was way better in Melee, this player performs averagely at tournaments (lower level, but Falcon has more potential.)

Remove Jiggs? Jigglypuff was added as a joke character, and it was actually great in Melee (and I feel underrated in Brawl.) The Trainer should be made Ash, and I feel he should have 6 Pokemon (original starters in final forms? Then the newest starters in final forms? IDK, I've never really liked Pokemon.)

Ice Climbers are annoying, but we need complex characters to stay.

If anyone gets changed, it'll be Meta Knight. He'll either be seriously nerfed or straight-up removed, as he was banned from competitive play. And considering competitive play, balance patches would be a great idea in my book.

I love playing as him :P

You know, to troll people online. And I needed to use him to beat Classic with 1 Stock on Intense for that stupid notification (really, no trophy?)

Just putting start-up and ending lag on his moves would make him so much more balanced (Down and Up Smashes, Up B, Fair Bair Dair Uair way too fast in Brawl.)

Tabuu was kind of a surprising appearance. But his appearance was great, he's fun to fight against, his battle song is awesome and Off-Wave is really annoying but it's fun to try and avoid it.

Tabuu was so ridiculously easy. In my honest opinion, he is the easiest boss in the game. His attacks were so predictable, only his exploding teleport and Off Waves actually can hit me these days, and even that is pretty rare (yes, I get hit more by Petey Piranha.)

Tabuu was so ridiculously easy. In my honest opinion, he is the easiest boss in the game. His attacks were so predictable, only his exploding teleport and Off Waves actually can hit me these days, and even that is pretty rare (yes, I get hit more by Petey Piranha.)

He's pretty easy when you get to master him. But at first try he's really annoying, mostly because you didn't know what attacks he had and they usually are 1-hit KO if they get to you in the max difficulty.BZP should have an unofficial Brawl tournament one day.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

He's pretty easy when you get to master him. But at first try he's really annoying, mostly because you didn't know what attacks he had and they usually are 1-hit KO if they get to you in the max difficulty.BZP should have an unofficial Brawl tournament one day.

I was honestly planning to organize something of the sort in the near future!

Like, something big. Like, so big, that we have a flashy animated intro on each of the videos (if only BZPower allowed access to everyone's favorite video site...)

We had a few tournaments back in the day on BZP.

Honestly, I don't believe in tier lists. Yoshi and I love to destroy them.

My sister mains as Ike, and she can beat my Marth pretty regularly (Ike's edgeguarding and Bair are really underrated, and he really has good combo potential.) And her Yoshi is decent, though really someone she only plays as when joking around (against my Ganondorf :P).

Though I certainly believe you about Yoshi being really underrated.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

• 3 weeks later...
I really don't want Midna or Ghirahim, they were too minor (only one game each?)

So...you're saying to have Tingle as a playable character? Or Beedle? Or even the Happy Mask Salesman?

Impa wouldn't be a bad choice, but, seeing as she's been different people in different games (Sage of Shadow, old woman) it'd be inconsistent. So I'd personally put some spotlight on minor characters, like Midna, Ghirahim, or even Groose:). Skull Kid would be nice as well, and the Hero of Time idea is pretty cool too.

~LTT~

A BZP Brawl would be an awesome thing to have at some point ever since Ghoti and I fought and he ended up destroying me. On what characters I want I really only have one I want in: Bomberman moveset wise I want to see what they would do besides bombs.

I'm just ToaD

For the upcoming Smash Bros., I'd like to see Ridley in his second form from Other M(Ridley's regular form would be to large); Lyon from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones; and I think Vaati would a fine addition as well. If any were to go, I'd say Jigglypuff. Seriously; I'd rather have a Cuucoo.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Not sure which characters would be good additions to the roster for a new Smash Bros. Perhaps another character from the Kid Icarus series? I do know that there are all sorts of great new characters who would make good Assist Trophies, though. Mallo from Pushmo, Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, or the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus are just a few. Some characters could use moveset changes as well; Pit's moveset could be modified now that he's shown up in a more modern game (perhaps give him the Great Sacred Treasure as his, Luigi should get the Poltergust as a side-B move, and Ganondorf remains desperately in need of being reworked. If fans really want a heavier, slower Captain Falcon clone, can't that role be given to another F-Zero character like Black Shadow?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I really don't want Midna or Ghirahim, they were too minor (only one game each?)

So...you're saying to have Tingle as a playable character? Or Beedle? Or even the Happy Mask Salesman?

Impa wouldn't be a bad choice, but, seeing as she's been different people in different games (Sage of Shadow, old woman) it'd be inconsistent. So I'd personally put some spotlight on minor characters, like Midna, Ghirahim, or even Groose:). Skull Kid would be nice as well, and the Hero of Time idea is pretty cool too.

~LTT~

Who is to say we need more Zelda characters at all? They are pretty good. If anything, The Hero of Time idea I had hopefully, though I could see Impa.

A BZP Brawl would be an awesome thing to have at some point ever since Ghoti and I fought and he ended up destroying me. On what characters I want I really only have one I want in: Bomberman moveset wise I want to see what they would do besides bombs.

I haven't played anyone on BZP since I got good at Brawl :P

For the upcoming Smash Bros., I'd like to see Ridley in his second form from Other M(Ridley's regular form would be to large); Lyon from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones; and I think Vaati would a fine addition as well. If any were to go, I'd say Jigglypuff. Seriously; I'd rather have a Cuucoo.

Vaati would be nice, and so would Ridley. For a Fire Emblem character, perhaps Chrom?

I LOVE Jigglypuff. It is so underrated (in Brawl), and you can always surprise an opponent by playing it.

Not sure which characters would be good additions to the roster for a new Smash Bros. Perhaps another character from the Kid Icarus series? I do know that there are all sorts of great new characters who would make good Assist Trophies, though. Mallo from Pushmo, Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, or the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus are just a few. Some characters could use moveset changes as well; Pit's moveset could be modified now that he's shown up in a more modern game (perhaps give him the Great Sacred Treasure as his, Luigi should get the Poltergust as a side-B move, and Ganondorf remains desperately in need of being reworked. If fans really want a heavier, slower Captain Falcon clone, can't that role be given to another F-Zero character like Black Shadow?

I say no more KI characters (Uprising was amazing, but the series is too small), though maybe Magnus as an assistant. In general, I couldn't care less about assistants, because I play with no items. Give Pit a new moveset based around Uprising (that'd be hard, considering the wide variety of weapons he uses, but perhaps the First Blade?), and maybe Great Sacred Treasure as a Final Smash.

YES. Give Ganon's fun-to-play-but-useless moveset to Black Shadow, and give him a moveset that actually makes sense!

New characters... Yeah, Nintendo's used nearly all the really big ones, and there really aren't too many new characters for them to put into SSB4. I definitely see Shulk, Zael, Aeron, probably Chrom, and maybe Magnus. Of course, there will also be some new Pokemon from the new games to replace Lucario. Oh, and since Bayonetta 2 will be WiiU exclusive, Bayonetta would be an awesome new character (Smash seriously needs more females anyways, there are only 4 or so in the entire Brawl roster).Also, some characters need to get cut... Toon Link, one of the Starfox characters, and possibly one or two more...And they need to have costumes in SSB4, palette swaps are for sprite-based fighters now. Having extra costumes, like Mario's Sunshine outfit (complete with shades), Peach's racing suit, Skyward Sword/Toon outfits for the Zelda characters (so Toon Link wouldn't really be eliminated), actual Suit options for Samus, Assault costumes for Starfox characters... They could do some pretty cool stuff with that. And, there's always DLC. I've bought DLC outfits for plenty of games on PS3, and I'd definitely get most, if not all of the SSB4 DLC. Oh, and outfits would be a great chance to introduce EVEN MORE unlockables to SSB4.And finally, I hope they do the customization right. No levels or such (those kill balance), possibly just earning points in battles that can be used to get new moves and such. A moveset customization feature (like in Dissidia Final Fantasy) would add a lot more depth to the game, as each player would not only have a unique play style, but also a unique moveset as well.Yeah, so that's my two cents.

New characters... Yeah, Nintendo's used nearly all the really big ones, and there really aren't too many new characters for them to put into SSB4. I definitely see Shulk, Zael, Aeron, probably Chrom, and maybe Magnus. Of course, there will also be some new Pokemon from the new games to replace Lucario. Oh, and since Bayonetta 2 will be WiiU exclusive, Bayonetta would be an awesome new character (Smash seriously needs more females anyways, there are only 4 or so in the entire Brawl roster).Also, some characters need to get cut... Toon Link, one of the Starfox characters, and possibly one or two more...And they need to have costumes in SSB4, palette swaps are for sprite-based fighters now. Having extra costumes, like Mario's Sunshine outfit (complete with shades), Peach's racing suit, Skyward Sword/Toon outfits for the Zelda characters (so Toon Link wouldn't really be eliminated), actual Suit options for Samus, Assault costumes for Starfox characters... They could do some pretty cool stuff with that. And, there's always DLC. I've bought DLC outfits for plenty of games on PS3, and I'd definitely get most, if not all of the SSB4 DLC. Oh, and outfits would be a great chance to introduce EVEN MORE unlockables to SSB4.And finally, I hope they do the customization right. No levels or such (those kill balance), possibly just earning points in battles that can be used to get new moves and such. A moveset customization feature (like in Dissidia Final Fantasy) would add a lot more depth to the game, as each player would not only have a unique play style, but also a unique moveset as well.Yeah, so that's my two cents.

I've never played Bayonetta, but having her as a character would be awesome. Cutting characters? I am perfectly fine with cutting Wolf, but I love Brawl's Falco and want him to stay. He is so cheap and spammy. But cut Toon Link? I was okay with him, because he is actually a different character than the Link in Brawl. I thought Young Link in Melee was kind of dumb because he was the same person as the normal Link in Melee, just younger.

I say you should start out with just palette swaps, and you can unlock alternate costumes (with their own palette swaps.) Of course, I'd buy every piece of DLC the minute it went up unless it was something completely stupid.

I feel a custom character would be good idea, as long as there was some way to keep them balanced (the speed and power possibly subtracting from a "points" thing that you cannot let deplete or else you can't use your character.)

Toon Link just plays a bit too much like Link in my opinion, and I don't like clones in my fighting games, which is why Ganon needs to be changed from being an inferior Captain Falcon to something else and one Starfox character should be taken out (I agree on Wolf). And yeah, if they cut back on Bayonetta's swearing and some other stuff, she'd be a really fun character who I could see fitting right in with the Nintendo universe.Starting off with maybe 4 colors would be good, then you could just unlock a bunch of outfits later.Yeah, and they haven't really released much on customization... Anyways, what I was thinking of was more like every character has a certain movepool, and you can choose 8 moves (Up, Down, Side, and Neutral for both normal and special attacks) for each character. And, I'd think Miis would likely be fully customizable, with both moves and stats.

Toon Link just plays a bit too much like Link in my opinion, and I don't like clones in my fighting games, which is why Ganon needs to be changed from being an inferior Captain Falcon to something else and one Starfox character should be taken out (I agree on Wolf). And yeah, if they cut back on Bayonetta's swearing and some other stuff, she'd be a really fun character who I could see fitting right in with the Nintendo universe.Starting off with maybe 4 colors would be good, then you could just unlock a bunch of outfits later.Yeah, and they haven't really released much on customization... Anyways, what I was thinking of was more like every character has a certain movepool, and you can choose 8 moves (Up, Down, Side, and Neutral for both normal and special attacks) for each character. And, I'd think Miis would likely be fully customizable, with both moves and stats.

I could see them redoing the moveset on Link and Toon Link (Skyward Sword based for Link, so no Boomerang and perhaps a Skyward Strike move? And a Fatal Blow. Or just my idea for a Hero of Time, but I doubt that would happen. Toon Link needs to have the Wind Waker itself used in his moveset.) I personally don't have a problem with swearing, but I agree it doesn't really fit in to well with most of the cast (though I'm pretty sure they use bad words in Fire Emblem, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, etc.)

Customizable movesets for normal characters would play out interestingly. Especially with characters like Samus and Pit, who have different gear they could bring into battle.

If they made the Link/Toon Link movesets more different, I'd be all for that, in fact if they can redo characters so there are no clones, I'd be fine if nobody gets cut.And yeah, half of Bayonetta's attacks are accented by swears and stuff, which isn't what Nintendo characters do, they do it occasionally in the game's dialogue instead :P. It's one of those things that just wouldn't fit in SSB, considering how it's probably the most kid-friendly fighter out there, simply in terms of absolutely everything.And custom movesets could be randomized for CPU opponents too, so if you are playing against, say, 3 Marios, each one would act completely differently. Of course, I'm probably looking waaay too deep into the customization aspect, as I doubt Smash would ever get so complicated to allow custom movesets.

I got to play brawl this weekend. say what you will, but I love samus. I need that game.

And I read something about rumors of a 3DS version? anyone else hear this?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

If they made the Link/Toon Link movesets more different, I'd be all for that, in fact if they can redo characters so there are no clones, I'd be fine if nobody gets cut.And yeah, half of Bayonetta's attacks are accented by swears and stuff, which isn't what Nintendo characters do, they do it occasionally in the game's dialogue instead :P. It's one of those things that just wouldn't fit in SSB, considering how it's probably the most kid-friendly fighter out there, simply in terms of absolutely everything.And custom movesets could be randomized for CPU opponents too, so if you are playing against, say, 3 Marios, each one would act completely differently. Of course, I'm probably looking waaay too deep into the customization aspect, as I doubt Smash would ever get so complicated to allow custom movesets.

I would be okay with Fox and Falco the way they are, because they are different enough, and other than that, I can't think of many clones. Ness and Lucas are the only ones we haven't mentioned?

I got to play brawl this weekend. say what you will, but I love samus. I need that game.

And I read something about rumors of a 3DS version? anyone else hear this?

The 3DS version was confirmed in 2011, and Samus sucks :P

SSB4 is getting a simultaneous release on WiiU and 3DS and will feature cross-platform gameplay.And Samus has been my main since I first played Melee waaay back in 2002. The fact that I'm pretty good with both Power Suit and Zero Suit Samus annoys all my friends.

nice. I want it. I was, by my standerds, kicking but as both power and zero suit samus.

samus is bomb.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

SSB4 is getting a simultaneous release on WiiU and 3DS and will feature cross-platform gameplay.And Samus has been my main since I first played Melee waaay back in 2002. The fact that I'm pretty good with both Power Suit and Zero Suit Samus annoys all my friends.

nice. I want it. I was, by my standerds, kicking but as both power and zero suit samus.

samus is bomb.

I certainly won't deny Samus, because every character can be used effectively to some degree (I know a player who can beat me with Ganondorf occasionally), but Samus is generally accepted as Low Tier.

Everyone kinda forgets about Ness and Lucas, I haven't used them in... Forever. I have a feeling they do play kinda different, though, they're kinda borderline clones.And I mostly play Zero Suit, the the Power Whip is so fun to annoy people with. Anyways, might want to look at a tier list, see where my other mains stand...

Edited by Terminus24

I'm known for being awesome with low-tier characters in other fighters among my friends. Of course, I'm the only one any good at fighters among my friends. :pAnd took a quick look at the Smash wiki, Zero Suit Samus is C-Tier, while Power Suit is H. My other mains, Peach, Ike, and Link are D and lower, which surprises me due to the incredible usefulness of Peach's Toad move, but I guess being insanely floaty doesn't help...

I'm known for being awesome with low-tier characters in other fighters among my friends. Of course, I'm the only one any good at fighters among my friends. :PAnd took a quick look at the Smash wiki, Zero Suit Samus is C-Tier, while Power Suit is H. My other mains, Peach, Ike, and Link are D and lower, which surprises me due to the incredible usefulness of Peach's Toad move, but I guess being insanely floaty doesn't help...

I personally feel that Toad is the worst Counter Attack. Marth, Ike, and Lucario all are way more damaging with theirs (though Ike and Lucario are pretty hard to time.)

Link is really underrated. I'm not great with him, but my sister has used him once at a tournament, and I've encountered a few good Link players. An easy combo you can pull off on people at lower damages is Bomb, Arrow, Side Smash, provided they don't tech.

What I really want to know is why Captain Falcon is so low.

Personally, if they do some costume changes, I'd like to see Samus' REAL Fusion Suit, and Dark and Light Suits from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes would be great.If they bring back the Smash Ball, I'd really like to see Link's move changed to Deity mode. Samus' move would probably stay the same; on the other hand, I found Snake's move pretty...annoying. Same with Pikachu's. I would put Sonic in with those two, but his isn't so overpowered.For new character's special moves, I could easily see Ridley changing into his full form. For Vaati, he could start in his (human-sized)Minish form, then change into his more famous form from the end of Minish Cap and both Four Swords games. And Lyon...He'd summon Formortiis, the Demon King.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I'm surprised Peach is so low in the tier, Peach players for me are just so.. annoying. I've never played in any tournaments because I've never had a chance in real-life, but I may finally be able to later this year.

My main is Link, but I'm also pretty good with Ike and Ness. Toon Link isn't too different either. :P

I'm hoping to practice a bit more with Luigi and see if I can't main him, he seems like a really versatile character. I'm pretty good with Mario too, due to my overuse and obsession with Mario during my younger years. :P

In fact until Brawl I pretty much only used Mario for smash except when getting other trophies in Classic.

And lately, I stink at online because I'm not used to the (however small, still messes me up entirely) command lag...

I use sideways Wiimote instead of GCN, only thing that I hate is being unable to do that smash thing with the c-stick, and probably some other fancy stuff I don't know about. :P

TONGUE SMILEYS

Edited by PKMN Trainer PowerMiner

Peach got nerfed in Brawl because she was "too powerful" in Melee, where she was much higher on the tier list. I still find her Toad > Side Special combo to be really useful of both annoying people and getting KOs, and she still has really good recovery. Anyways, I prefer Toad to all the other defensive moves simply due to it's long duration, and I find it especially if I catch someone charging a Smash.

And lately, I stink at online because I'm not used to the (however small, still messes me up entirely) command lag...

I use sideways Wiimote instead of GCN, only thing that I hate is being unable to do that smash thing with the c-stick, and probably some other fancy stuff I don't know about. :P

I HATE THE LAG! IT KILLS THE GAME.

Also, you cannot DACUS with the Wiimote, nor can you move forward while doing a bair/move backwards while doing an fair/fast fall while doing an up air, and I personally have a lot of trouble Dash-Dancing with it.

I'd love to see a SS Link; there's really so much they can do with himdrom that game. His Down-B move could be changed to a Skyward Strike, his Side B as the Beetle or Gust Bellows...there's certainly a lot (just as long as there's no Fi involved) that can be done. I'd keep the Hero of Time as well, and change Toon Link up (Deku Leaf, anyone?) if I couldn't trash him.Zelda should be SS inspired in terms of looks, and her Final Smash could be her playing the Harp (Ballad of the Goddess, please), like DK's Final Smash. We could keep Sheik, but it would throw off the continuity. Ghirahim would be fun though! After all the Boss Battles, I can definitely think of something for him: Normal B: firing those black and red daggersSide B can be him slicing with the dark path Up B a teleport Down B can be the red finger/handFinal Smash: Ghirahim in his final form, with two of his swordsHe is clearly easy to fantasize as being in SSB4.~LTT~