Super Smash Bros.

Just A Dot

can i clear up something on tier lists for a second?

tier lists mean nothing in casual play(AKA what the game was designed for). only in competitive play do the mean anything, and even then they are only expectancies of a character's chance to win in a competitive environment, with the characters with higher chances being at the top, and the characters with lower chances being at the bottom.

for example, Meta Knight(the highest tiered character) has at least a +1 matchup on nearly every character in the game, barring only Pikachu and himself, whereas Ganondorf(the lowest tiered character) has no positive matchups at all, with most of them being -4 or -3.

in casual play, however, this doesn't mean anything. my sister, for example, completely destroys me with Ike, a character generally considered pretty bad in competitive play. so don't let your main's tier ranking stop you from using them in casual play.

okay, rant over. =P just wanted to get that off my chest. as far as additions/removals for SSB4, i only really want Mewtwo to come back(either that or add Deoxys). aside from that, i'd like to see tripping get removed, and Sukapon get added as either a playable character or an Assist Trophy(which i hear he was supposed to be in SSBB, but was demoted to a stupid sticker)

overlordsukapon.png

I'd love to see a SS Link; there's really so much they can do with himdrom that game. His Down-B move could be changed to a Skyward Strike, his Side B as the Beetle or Gust Bellows...there's certainly a lot (just as long as there's no Fi involved) that can be done. I'd keep the Hero of Time as well, and change Toon Link up (Deku Leaf, anyone?) if I couldn't trash him.Zelda should be SS inspired in terms of looks, and her Final Smash could be her playing the Harp (Ballad of the Goddess, please), like DK's Final Smash. We could keep Sheik, but it would throw off the continuity.Ghirahim would be fun though! After all the Boss Battles, I can definitely think of something for him:Normal B: firing those black and red daggersSide B can be him slicing with the dark pathUp B a teleportDown B can be the red finger/handFinal Smash: Ghirahim in his final form, with two of his swordsHe is clearly easy to fantasize as being in SSB4.~LTT~

Ghirahim would be fabulous! And who cares about continuity? It's Smash Bros., they've already discarded that.

I LOVE the Ancient Minister storyline. It's just so sad, but a little heart wrenching sadness is just what Nintendo needs in its games. People say I blow the thing with the ROB robots out of proportion, but I think it's genuinely sad.

I agree with you there. I didn't expect that much emotion from Smash Bros.

can i clear up something on tier lists for a second?

tier lists mean nothing in casual play(AKA what the game was designed for). only in competitive play do the mean anything, and even then they are only expectancies of a character's chance to win in a competitive environment, with the characters with higher chances being at the top, and the characters with lower chances being at the bottom.

for example, Meta Knight(the highest tiered character) has at least a +1 matchup on nearly every character in the game, barring only Pikachu and himself, whereas Ganondorf(the lowest tiered character) has no positive matchups at all, with most of them being -4 or -3.

in casual play, however, this doesn't mean anything. my sister, for example, completely destroys me with Ike, a character generally considered pretty bad in competitive play. so don't let your main's tier ranking stop you from using them in casual play.

okay, rant over. =P just wanted to get that off my chest. as far as additions/removals for SSB4, i only really want Mewtwo to come back(either that or add Deoxys). aside from that, i'd like to see tripping get removed, and Sukapon get added as either a playable character or an Assist Trophy(which i hear he was supposed to be in SSBB, but was demoted to a stupid sticker)

Tier lists should be considered in competitive play, which is what I do. But my sister pulls out Ike at tournaments every once in a while (Ike is her main, though she tends to use Fox in tournaments because he is faster), and destroys with him.

Who is Sukapon?

oh yeah, tier lists should always be considered in competitive play. it's just in casual play they mean about zip, so i always get annoyed when i hear "oh, i stopped maining Link 'cause he's really low on the tier list so i main Falco now"

Sukapon(or Skapon) is from the 1993 Famicom game Joy Mech Fight, where you take control of different robots in order to get to the final boss - Sukapon is the default one. all of the robots have standard attacks and four "special" attacks, so basically Sukapon has his moveset already designed. he'd also make a great "weird retro character" a la Game&Watch and ROB. from what i hear, Sakurai actually tested Sukapon for Melee, but his lack of limbs made it hard to implement him, so he was cut. Sakurai then stated that Sukapon was not going to be a playable character in Brawl, but he would be an Assist Trophy. i've played a ROM of the game, and it was incredibly fun - and so easy to adapt into SSB style. plenty of the fighting areas could be SSB stages, and the final boss, Houou, could be a boss in SSB also.

but i'm getting ahead of myself - here is the Wikipedia page for JMF, and here is a Google image search for "Sukapon", if you were curious as to what he looked like

EDIT: also the game has an amazing soundtrack

Edited by sukapony

overlordsukapon.png