X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Wouldn't work. Impossible to spread quickly. Plus there is a huge power difference between top tier and low tier mutants. The problems remain. Elimination is the only option.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, my character actually intends to do it only to people who give their consent, because he knows some people would prefer to stay "normal".

And who's Pietro?

And what becomes of them in a world of mutants?

We both know the answer to that.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

@TNG: Who's Pietro?Pietro Maximoff, AKA Quicksilver, son of Max Eisendhart (Magneto), former member of the Great Lakes Avengers, now the leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. He has obtained control over magnetism to the atomic level, meaning that all metals are under his control, by unknwon means. In addition, he retains his natural speed powers.@Basilisk: Elimination wouldn't work forever. The human genome is changing itself all of the time; soon there'll be a mutant resistant to the power dampener.

Edited by Constructman

We can make nanobots then. They'd work quite nicely.

Besides, evolution doesn't work that quickly. Not with humans. We'd have time.

Edited by Basilisk

Evolution doesn't work like that. Pseudo-Marvel science does, unfortunately.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

And what is Pseudo-Marvel science?And Basilisk, you should really make a character (if Yuri doesn't count) with exactly your views on mutants. Maybe when I get Asardin approved we can have them face off.

I'd been considering such a thing. Yuri has slightly different views on Mutants.

Maybe a senator or somesuch.

And what is Pseudo-Marvel science?And Basilisk, you should really make a character (if Yuri doesn't count) with exactly your views on mutants. Maybe when I get Asardin approved we can have them face off.

Marvel psuedo science is what makes Iron Man run, what makes Cap be able to be turned into a supersoldier with vita rays and a special serum, and what made Hulk Hulk instead of making him die of radiation poisoning.Any of this answer your question?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, my character actually intends to do it only to people who give their consent, because he knows some people would prefer to stay "normal".

And who's Pietro?

And what becomes of them in a world of mutants?

We both know the answer to that.

They end up really, really weak. Kind of the tradeoff.

But on the other hand, if this went correctly (The way my WIP character envisions it) any mutants abusing their power levels would be killed or stripped of their power, depending on just how dangerous they are and how they abused the power.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The new always replaces the old.

Unless your name happens to be Theoden...

Ayn Rand called. You know the rest.

The is an unacceptable fate for baseline humanity.

Yeeeeeeeah, for once, I'm with Baslisk on this one. Giving an entire species superpowers is a really bad idea, because it doesn't even do what its purpose is. It won't, in point of fact, level the playing field.The X-Gene causes random mutations. And as has been shown in Marvel canon and this game, at varying levels of effectiveness. You get the superpowerful, like Quicksilver, and then you get Amy. The little girl with the invisible bodyguard. By establishing a society where everyone is a mutant, you A. make it so hierarchy will basically be decided by who's toughest, and B. make it so the few remaining humans cower in fear.Think about how many criminals there are in the world. Now picture them if they'd been given a superpower at birth. The only people even on a relatively even playing field who might try to stop them are of an equal or lesser power level. Criminals could easily escape and cause more havok, warfare becomes infinitely more bloody. And this is only accounting for basic human nature.Unlike what you might want to think, nine out of ten people would not step up to be a super hero. And at least one of those ten people would choose to become the villain. The rest? Probably couldn't care less, or couldn't take a life even in self defense.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Good thing they're not allowed here.

Indeed. Very good. My wonderfully nonviolent friend.

(He's got stormtroopers surrounding the building. Smile and make nice guys.)

Edited by Basilisk

But Japan has the Gundams.Where do you think we got the technology

America has tanks. Which beat badly designed walkers any day.

Seriously, walkers as a military design suck.

Edited by Basilisk

Not in Gundam they don't. But this is Marvel.And the Sentinels are walkers. They're effective. Now all we need is a touch of beam spam *TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!"*

If by 'effective' you mean, got their butts kicked in the episode of the TV series....by beings much much shorter then them....

A giant tank would be much better. Or many small tanks.

Or drones.

Or nukes.

Or a bio plague.

Or power armor.

Edited by Basilisk

Go with the bio plague. And if that fails, get all of the tanks in the world together and unleash more dakka/beam spam/whatever. Come to think of it, why aren't the Enforcers doing that? Make robots with 50 bazillion lasers and get ten of them side by side firing in perfect coordination.Basically, when in doubt, more is better. The enemy can't go all Matrix with your shots if they're 1000 shots coming at him at once.

Edited by Constructman