• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

X-Men: Discussion Topic

X-Men Marvel Superheroes

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#521 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wouldn't work. Impossible to spread quickly. Plus there is a huge power difference between top tier and low tier mutants. The problems remain. Elimination is the only option.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#522 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well, my character actually intends to do it only to people who give their consent, because he knows some people would prefer to stay "normal".

And who's Pietro?

#523 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 04:50 PM

Well, my character actually intends to do it only to people who give their consent, because he knows some people would prefer to stay "normal".

And who's Pietro?

And what becomes of them in a world of mutants? 

We both know the answer to that.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#524 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:06 PM

@TNG: Who's Pietro?Pietro Maximoff, AKA Quicksilver, son of Max Eisendhart (Magneto), former member of the Great Lakes Avengers, now the leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. He has obtained control over magnetism to the atomic level, meaning that all metals are under his control, by unknwon means. In addition, he retains his natural speed powers.@Basilisk: Elimination wouldn't work forever. The human genome is changing itself all of the time; soon there'll be a mutant resistant to the power dampener.

Edited by Constructman, Mar 06 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#525 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:14 PM

We can make nanobots then. They'd work quite nicely. 

Besides, evolution doesn't work that quickly. Not with humans. We'd have time.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 06 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#526 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 07-June 07
  • 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:41 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Evolution doesn't work like that. Pseudo-Marvel science does, unfortunately. [/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#527 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:41 PM

*INSERT SCIENCE RAAAAAAGE HERE*

I don't have the time for a rant sadly.

#528 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:43 PM

Evolution doesn't work like that. Pseudo-Marvel science does, unfortunately.

And what is Pseudo-Marvel science?And Basilisk, you should really make a character (if Yuri doesn't count) with exactly your views on mutants. Maybe when I get Asardin approved we can have them face off.

#529 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'd been considering such a thing. Yuri has slightly different views on Mutants.

Maybe a senator or somesuch.

#530 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:06 PM

[font="'courier new';"]Evolution doesn't work like that. Pseudo-Marvel science does, unfortunately. [/font]

And what is Pseudo-Marvel science?And Basilisk, you should really make a character (if Yuri doesn't count) with exactly your views on mutants. Maybe when I get Asardin approved we can have them face off.

Marvel psuedo science is what makes Iron Man run, what makes Cap be able to be turned into a supersoldier with vita rays and a special serum, and what made Hulk Hulk instead of making him die of radiation poisoning.Any of this answer your question?

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#531 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ugh. There's already a world full of anti-mutants, let's not have one with the nerve to blow everything up just to prove it please.

No offense Basilisk, but I'm trying to save part of your psyche from politics. =P

#532 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:10 PM

You kidding, AuRon?I'm sitting back with popcorn for the fireworks.

Posted Image

#533 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:12 PM

And I'm tinkering with the matches.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 06 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#534 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:13 PM

I would do the same to counter that, just for the heck of it...

But what if I already have..?

=3

#535 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:17 PM

Oh goodie. Someone to crush.

:P

#536 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:19 PM

Have fun with that one bro.

Finally, something to look forward to again! =3

Edited by Varren Rehn, Mar 06 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#537 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 02-March 10
  • 5,018 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:28 PM

And who's Pietro?

And what becomes of them in a world of mutants? 

We both know the answer to that.

They end up really, really weak. Kind of the tradeoff.

But on the other hand, if this went correctly (The way my WIP character envisions it) any mutants abusing their power levels would be killed or stripped of their power, depending on just how dangerous they are and how they abused the power.

#538 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:32 PM

The is an unacceptable fate for baseline humanity.

#539 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:45 PM

The new always replaces the old.

Unless your name happens to be Theoden...

#540 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:46 PM

The new always replaces the old.

Unless your name happens to be Theoden...

Ayn Rand called. You know the rest.

#541 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:48 PM

It was completely worth it.

#542 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:49 PM

As in King of Rohan?

#543 Online Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 02-December 07
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:50 PM

So remember a while ago when I said I was taking a break from the RPG on behalf of my depression? Well, it's kind of gotten worse since then. I'm not leaving this time, but I probably won't be able to post very often. If anyone requires a response from one of my characters, send me a PM and I'll get on it as soon as I can.

67tlbk.png

#544 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:55 PM

The is an unacceptable fate for baseline humanity.

Yeeeeeeeah, for once, I'm with Baslisk on this one. Giving an entire species superpowers is a really bad idea, because it doesn't even do what its purpose is. It won't, in point of fact, level the playing field.The X-Gene causes random mutations. And as has been shown in Marvel canon and this game, at varying levels of effectiveness. You get the superpowerful, like Quicksilver, and then you get Amy. The little girl with the invisible bodyguard. By establishing a society where everyone is a mutant, you A. make it so hierarchy will basically be decided by who's toughest, and B. make it so the few remaining humans cower in fear.Think about how many criminals there are in the world. Now picture them if they'd been given a superpower at birth. The only people even on a relatively even playing field who might try to stop them are of an equal or lesser power level. Criminals could easily escape and cause more havok, warfare becomes infinitely more bloody. And this is only accounting for basic human nature.Unlike what you might want to think, nine out of ten people would not step up to be a super hero. And at least one of those ten people would choose to become the villain. The rest? Probably couldn't care less, or couldn't take a life even in self defense.

Posted Image

#545 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,803 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 06:57 PM

This is starting to sound weirdly like the arguments for and against greater gun control...

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#546 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:01 PM

Wait until someone start talking about the "Mutant Cliff".

I hate American politics.

#547 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:10 PM

Good thing they're not allowed here.

Posted Image

#548 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:12 PM

Good thing they're not allowed here.

Indeed. Very good. My wonderfully nonviolent friend.

(He's got stormtroopers surrounding the building. Smile and make nice guys.)

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 06 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#549 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:14 PM

B- But, Imperial credits are worthless here! D=

Someone should make a British politician. Just for the heck of it. Better yet, a French politician!

#550 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:19 PM

And what would they be able to do?unless they're a diplomat, they have little to no power in America. I've got a Chinese diplomat and I have no clue what to do with him.Wait, maybe Mr. Chen could attend the conference the President is holding...

#551 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:19 PM

Might encounter the giant protest march Mr. Wagner will be leading.

#552 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,681 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:30 PM

This game is way too Americentric~

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#553 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well, we can have the USA conquer Japan. To extend the play area.

:P

#554 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:31 PM

I know. We should go bug Captain Britain for a change. Then again, the X-Men are centred in New York...@Basilisk: why would the USA conquer its ally?

Edited by Constructman, Mar 06 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#555 Online Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:31 PM

But Japan has the Gundams.Where do you think we got the technology

Posted Image

#556 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:32 PM

But Japan has the Gundams.Where do you think we got the technology

America has tanks. Which beat badly designed walkers any day.

Seriously, walkers as a military design suck.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 06 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#557 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not in Gundam they don't. But this is Marvel.And the Sentinels are walkers. They're effective. Now all we need is a touch of beam spam *TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!"*

Edited by Constructman, Mar 06 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#558 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:33 PM

But Japan has the Gundams. EVAs.Where do you think we got the technology

Fixed that for you...

#559 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:35 PM

Not in Gundam they don't. But this is Marvel.And the Sentinels are walkers. They're effective. Now all we need is a touch of beam spam *TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!"*

If by 'effective' you mean, got their butts kicked in the episode of the TV series....by beings much much shorter then them....

A giant tank would be much better. Or many small tanks.

Or drones.

Or nukes.

Or a bio plague.

Or power armor.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 06 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#560 Online One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,059 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 07:38 PM

Go with the bio plague. And if that fails, get all of the tanks in the world together and unleash more dakka/beam spam/whatever. Come to think of it, why aren't the Enforcers doing that? Make robots with 50 bazillion lasers and get ten of them side by side firing in perfect coordination.Basically, when in doubt, more is better. The enemy can't go all Matrix with your shots if they're 1000 shots coming at him at once.

Edited by Constructman, Mar 06 2013 - 07:40 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users