• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

X-Men: Discussion Topic

X-Men Marvel Superheroes

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#601 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,319 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:05 PM

So, you're our resident HFY! guy.

Hmm ... I'd rate you a four out of ten.

You haven't brought out the biggatons yet.

Thank god.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#602 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, I don't commit xenocide out of hand, so of course I'm not going to rate very high.

The so-called gods however, have fired the first shots in this little war. Remember your myths? The brutalized maidens? The human blood spilled upon altars?

It will not stand. By gun, sword and steel, we will claim revenge.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#603 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,319 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:08 PM

Cool story bro.

Go rant about that to people who care.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#604 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:09 PM

Come to think of it, I have a US general IC.

......Expect military tech to get much more interesting.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#605 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,277 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:14 PM

Cool story bro.

Now you know how we feel about you sometimes.

-Tyler

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#606 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:15 PM

Cool story bro.

Now you know how we feel about you sometimes.

-Tyler

Oooooooooooh. You just got buuuuurned.

#607 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:18 PM

Way I figure it, humanity always tends to get the short end of the stick in RPGs and fiction. Always a better race. Always a superior species.

I consider it my duty to grab that stick, sharpen it to a point, and stab said 'better' race in the eye with it.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 07 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#608 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:22 PM

Those ways of stabbing the stick in said species's eye don't have to be conventional weaponry. See Iron Man or Doctor Strange. Heck, even Punisher could hold his own.

Edited by Constructman, Mar 07 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#609 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:33 PM

Deicide. Wow. That escalated quickly.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#610 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 09:34 PM

Deicide. Wow. That escalated quickly.

Aim high. Better to have impossible goals then no goal at all.

#611 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think this is slightly racist, to put it lightly.

You don't have to be a (censored) to every other race in the galaxy in order to prove humans are awesome.

#612 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 10:20 PM

They don't get in our way, I'm sure we'll get on just fine.

#613 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sounds slightly supremacist, but much less so when you put it that way.

I suppose my attitude of equality toward aliens is partially because I was into Transformers, Superman, Dragon Ball Z, and Ben 10 in childhood, and I'm still into Transformers and DBZ to this day.

And I thought the Protoss allied with the humans at some point in Starcraft.

Of course, I think the way I do mainly because I learned from years of witnessing and sometimes experiencing it that unequal treatment is (far too many censored words not to be banned even if BZP did allow their use)

#614 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 10:43 PM

Looking out for one's own species isn't a crime. No one else is going to do it for us.

#615 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 10:58 PM

I know that.

But my mentality is "look out for anyone who's not evil" regardless of species.

Which is why I had my objections to some of your comments.

Deicide would start a war we can't win, by the way. Even in Marvel, humanity has never faced the full wrath of any pantheon.

#616 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:00 PM

Didn't say we couldn't look out for other races. Just that when it comes down to the wire, humanity comes first.

#617 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:06 PM

I understand what you mean. We won't agree completely under certain circumstances, but I can definitely give you the proper respect.

#618 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:08 PM

Eh. Give life time to beat the idealism out of you and then we'll see. 

:P

#619 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:11 PM

Heheh.

I lost half my idealism last school year.

The other half became more aggressive.

#620 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:20 PM

And of course, there are exceptions. If humanity, as a species, decides blowing up random planets filled with innocents for fun is a good hobby....

Well.....

#621 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that would make me move to an alien planet where I could fit in with the general strength and intelligence level of the inhabitants, and then launch nukes at Earth.

Assuming there were absolutely no innocent humans left there.

#622 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:46 PM

Deicide. Intriguing. This RPG seems to be going all over the place. Granted, this transition's been happening for quite some time, but it's beginning to feel way less like an X-Men RPG, and more like a Marvel Universe RPG.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#623 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:58 PM

I actually think that's cool. And it does sort of keep my suspension of disbelief in place. I usually have trouble believing that the various other Marvel characters wouldn't show up to most conflicts.

#624 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:02 AM

They're all dead, Axilus.Naw. But 99 percent are.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#625 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:04 AM

People said you were dead y'know. Elvis.

Clearly is wasn't true. I wouldn't count them out yet.

#626 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:06 AM

I actually think that's cool. And it does sort of keep my suspension of disbelief in place. I usually have trouble believing that the various other Marvel characters wouldn't show up to most conflicts.

This. The prospect of SHIELD ignoring the X-Men-Brotherhood Conflict is really low.

Do you think that this RPG will get to the point where we'll have to rename it Marvel: Darkest Days or something?

Also, completely unrelated, but isn't Weapon-X a Canadian funded program run by Department K? If so, wouldn't this cause said department and Department H to investigate? I'm pretty sure that the Canadians wouldn't like their portion of Weapon-Plus being sabotaged, so they might send Alpha Flight to retaliate.

Edited by Constructman, Mar 08 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#627 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:22 AM

Nah, I think the current name works. There's still a focus on the whole mutants thing.

#628 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well, obviously I'm either a ghost or was abducted by aliens. Given the recent developments...CM: Shield still has no control of the helicarrier. They're out, for the time being.

#629 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:36 AM

I didn't mean this exact moment; I meant as in the whole conflict.

#630 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:37 AM

Well, obviously I'm either a ghost or was abducted by aliens. Given the recent developments...CM: Shield still has no control of the helicarrier. They're out, for the time being.

I hereby demand you make a ghost Elvis character.

It must be done. Search your heart. You know it to be true.

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 08 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#631 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:47 AM

Welp, as far as I can see, mutants and the other diverse superpowers of Earth are what make the planet distinct in the Marvelverse. 

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :') Mainstream humans need to see the future. They need to learn to stop worrying and love the mutant. And (powerful) mutants need to stop worrying about pesky things like personal liberties and a normal life. They should embrace their role as the bulwark of the planet, Earth's sword and shield against foreign threats. 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#632 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:50 AM

Someone stole the Avengers helicarrier?

#633 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:51 AM

Put a virus into the thing. :/

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#634 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:53 AM

Welp, as far as I can see, mutants and the other diverse superpowers of Earth are what make the planet distinct in the Marvelverse. 

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :') 

We are also, evidently, the only race that has any concept of the practical. Looking at all the past invaders at least.

#635 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:53 AM

Axilus: Virus took over the computer system. It's gone, but functionality hasn't been restored.

#636 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,881 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 12:56 AM

So, then...who has it, and where?

(No, I won't spawn my character there unless it's in a city.)

#637 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 01:14 AM

New York,  I believe. 

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#638 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 501 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 01:32 AM

SHIELD still has it and its floating somewhere above New York.

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#639 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,618 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 06:32 AM

SHIELD still has it and its floating somewhere above New York.

Correction: It isn't actually above the city, because taking it there while virus infected would have been a bad idea. It's not far from the city, but it is further north.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#640 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 271 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 10:26 AM

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :') 

We are also, evidently, the only race that has any concept of the practical. Looking at all the past invaders at least.

Of course if they were practical then they wouldn't have invaded earth.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users