X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

I'd argue against such accusations of mass murder and unoriginality, but I prefer to let my actions speak for themselves. Assume what you will and watch the game play out.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Agree to disagree.

The SHIELD carrier obviously was infected by X.A.N.A. =3

So, uh, Delvin & Co. are gonna try to kill everyone in the Institute?

How original. Also, speaking of the Institute, who are we waiting on to keep moving on? o-o

Nope, it was Gill Bates. Not really.

But Error currently has the virus downloaded to his brain. xP

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Okay. So while I still don't have a particular problem with bullet speed projectiles, as most of the more used powered characters in the RPG have some sort of healing factor or enhanced physiology, I can see the issue with a bullet speed wall of flames bearing down. So what if it were something along the lines of "The larger the construct, or more numerous the projectiles, the slower they move overall"? So when firing single bullets, he could rapid fire them like bullets, but only in the same way that one would fire a machine gun. If he wanted to bullet spam a wall at people, it wouldn't be so fast.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Okay. So while I still don't have a particular problem with bullet speed projectiles, as most of the more used powered characters in the RPG have some sort of healing factor or enhanced physiology, I can see the issue with a bullet speed wall of flames bearing down. So what if it were something along the lines of "The larger the construct, or more numerous the projectiles, the slower they move overall"? So when firing single bullets, he could rapid fire them like bullets, but only in the same way that one would fire a machine gun. If he wanted to bullet spam a wall at people, it wouldn't be so fast.

This, I can work with. It nicely nerfs the danger of bullet spam.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Yes, that speed to size thing is one of the things I meant to do. The bigger the projectile, the slower it is. So if he fires small rounds, it's bullet speed. If he throws a small ball, it'll be hard, but possible to dodge. If he throws a large ball, it'll fly like any other ball thrown by a normal human with max strength. If he sends a wall of fire...

...he'd have to be at super close range to even hit anything.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

what

EDIT: this post wasn't at you tngeezy, this was at the dudes who turned the discussion topic into rping about some sort of weird post-matrix thingabob

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I feel like this game's calmed down and that some stakes are gonna have to get raised soon to keep things fresh

you guys are gonna be on your toes like trained dancers when i'm done with you

get hype

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I'll just accelerate my plans to infuse pure AWESOME into the human military.

Pardon. I have science to do.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

*Mutters under breath, gathering strange pieces of technology*

Clearly cloaked power armor is the future......

Energy shield projecting tanks....

Considering the X-Men have a miniature army of training robots....should be easy to mass produce combat model....

Jumpjet equipped mini-mechs armored with a material tougher then diamond....

Yess....yessssssssssssss........

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

This, this can't be a good sign. When did GLaDos become Basilisk?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

*Mutters under breath, gathering strange pieces of technology*

Clearly cloaked power armor is the future......

Energy shield projecting tanks....

Considering the X-Men have a miniature army of training robots....should be easy to mass produce combat model....

Jumpjet equipped mini-mechs armored with a material tougher then diamond....

Yess....yessssssssssssss........

Hey, hey now. Dial it back, Humanimal. One giant leap for mankind at a time :P

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

We have giant robots canonwise. Nothing is beyond us!

Make full use of all technology at hand. Flying power armor is possible. Vis-a-vis Iron Man.
Clearly technology in suit is impossible to reproduce. Gameplay balance.
Medicore flying power armor is still flying power armor. That is acceptable.....
Hm....
Hovercraft also shown to be possible? Flying hover tanks?
....Launched from large flying Hovertank carrier?
.....Acceptable...
.....Baseline Sentinal unacceptable. Many weaknesses. Two-legged gait renders it vulnerable to concentrated attack.
....Solution: Spider Sentinals.
With lasers.
Acceptable.
Edited by Basilisk

The solution here is obvious, Rehn.

Don't hire dumb*** engineers when you build your spider mecha. Hire WSU or MIT or Georgia Tech graduates.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So. Anyone in LA who wants their lives to get a thousand times more interesting?

I can arrange it. Have a new character incoming.

So. Anyone in LA who wants their lives to get a thousand times more interesting?

I can arrange it. Have a new character incoming.

I don't know that anyone's in LA. Las Vegas, yes. A few, but yes. Alameda, yes.Don't think anyone is in LA

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

....I got the two mixed up*.

.....So yeah, Las Vegas. Anyone there want their lives to become a thousand times more interesting?

*I still know more about the Mongols than any of you ever will. There. My ego is salved. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I know it's really, REALLY tempting to just have conversations in OOC...

But, the fact that we're not supposed to do that, and we have this topic is for conversation.

Just a heads up.

thank u

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Guys, I was thinking, and judging from the current situation in the RP, do you think it'd be a good idea for either SHIELD or the Enforcers to have a covert/clandestine ops division? A group of soldiers trained for operations too immoral/illegal for the big organizations to carry out in the limelight? It'd be a more conventional special operations team.

Edited by Constructman

So. Fun fact.

There is a type of radioactive bomb that is specifically designed to wipe out all life in an area and leave it otherwise intact.

Robots would utterly unaffected by it.

We know giant robots are possible in this universe.

*Cackles*

Edited by Basilisk