X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Never mind the flaming helicopter that could be leaking fuel....

If he'd just came along, answered some questions, instead of attacking the people trying to do their bloody jobs, that would have been that.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Yeah, Burnblade is disobeying the law. Can't argue on that one. Doesn't make it morally right to arrest him.

He showed up to help, and is still trying to keep literally everyone alive, friend or foe. How is he supposed to know there was a broken Molotov cocktail?

Nevermind the flaming helicopter, the fact that he's now attacking everybody in sight, and...yeah.

He's screwed up, and if you really think it isn't right to arrest him, if only in the interest of public safety, think again.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Never mind the fact that he thinks setting someone fire isn't something that the police would like to talk to you about. The investigate accidents as well as crimes. To make sure said accidents aren't crimes.

Specially when one of their own is set on fire.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Yeah, Burnblade is disobeying the law. Can't argue on that one. Doesn't make it morally right to arrest him.

He showed up to help, and is still trying to keep literally everyone alive, friend or foe. How is he supposed to know there was a broken Molotov cocktail?

Of course they're going to arrest him, he set someone on fire!

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

So, Supremacy buckled to his knees from the tazer shot. :)

.....Someone should probably do something about that.

....Yeah. Uh, I'll get on that...

I know everyone else has pointed out things like the helicopter and the general uncooperativeness but really if you're going to go around wielding fire in a crowded area someone's going to get burned

7AOYGDJ.jpg

See, his dream of bringing peace and equality is shot, stomped on, and slapped with a wet fish if anyone arrests him.

He needs to make sure he can still maintain a public identity as a normal, if introverted person, so people will listen to him. As Burnblade, he ignores the law but never does anything morally wrong on purpose.

Kind of like Batman's style, except he would kill Brotherhood members, and he isn't as cool as Batman.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

See, his dream of bringing peace and equality is shot, stomped on, and slapped with a wet fish if anyone arrests him.

He needs to make sure he can still maintain a public identity as a normal, if introverted person, so people will listen to him. As Burnblade, he ignores the law but never does anything morally wrong on purpose.

Kind of like Batman's style, except he would kill Brotherhood members, and he isn't as cool as Batman.

I'm trying to make sense out of this and...it's just not working. :/

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

He's up again. Heading for Burnblade. He really doesn't like to see mutants die. :"(

There's this thing, called a grenade, it was at Supremacy's feet, and, yeah.

U wot m8?

Things right there aren't adding up.

"Oh, I just set fire to a man, this is ba--WAIT WHY ARE YOU ARRESTING ME OH MY GOD THIS IS RACISM AND INJUSTICE AND I HATE YOU ALL AND RAH RAH RAH ALL SHALL BURN." *pew pew pew fire bolts pew pew pew*

profiles i guess

Hey, look, a Presidential speech.

-Tyler

In the midst of a giant battle proving it wrong!

...Sorry. Sorry. I'll say something funny.

It was a wonderful speech. Wonderful. Very effective. Pulls at the emotions instead of logic, bringing it into an arena why the mutants might actually win.

That said, funny time now:

Things sure are getting hot in the topic. Hope things don't catch fire!

*Knower sends a telepathic missile at Basilisk for using such a bad pun*But yeah, strange timing Ty.Also, the X-Men need to land at the Manor. Alaric post?EDIT*Knower sends a missile at Elvis as well*Presidents only have two terms, don't they? Isn't Binder's time up?

Edited by Constructman

Well, it wasn't like it would do me any good to tell you chaps to stop killing each other so I could make a speech, right? Timing was completely coincidental.

As for the X-Manor, you're big boys. One of you can post the arrival; I need a snack to replenish my stocks of bright-eyed idealism.

EDIT: ...he just got elected to a second term, constructman.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

As for the X-Manor, you're big boys. One of you can post the arrival; I need a snack to replenish my stocks of bright-eyed idealism.

-Tyler

Alot of Nazi war criminals got off by agreeing to work for the allies. Against the other allies.

No restock for you.

We need to work out some sort of magic system. My characters channel dark, otherworldly forces that the moral mind cannot truly understand....

And I'm not sure about the rest of you. How does this all relate?

....I'm just going to say magic is a free flowing energy that can be harnessed by certain people and controlled by extremely powerful beings.

There. I solved everything.

My magic character just eats the magic of the rest of your guys. Come up with a system and its just a menu for him :P

Bring it! I can summon Shoggoths! Once I submit them to a staff member!

:P

Ok, Krayzikk, in compliance with your order that things must be cleared up:

I'm fairly sure you never said he was restricted to shooting one little round for each bullet speed attack. I meant for him to be able to use it like an automatic weapon that shoots fire, not a sniper. It's when he makes balls or walls, huge stuff, that slows it down.
As for the "increase in agility" I most certainly do have a defense. He didn't jump or flip, he fell over, rolled, and fell over a little bit more. That's not agility, that's clumsy evasion, exactly what I use in real life in a paintball fight.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Then how is he avoiding gunshots with ease? And falling over isn't a magical excuse for avoiding a punch that A. wasn't seen coming, and B. is moving faster than you are capable of moving. And somehow, he's moving so fast in his posts that there's no time for anyone to react to anything, imagine that. In essence, he's performing at ability levels he shouldn't be able to. Especially against a melee combatant stronger, faster, and let's face it, better trained than him. And an entire military squad.

And you seem to have missed the whole point of the restriction. The point was to make sure he couldn't spam fire bullets. Because if that can be circumvented by firing them one at a time, you can basically do that over and over again at slightly different angles to produce the same effect as a wall of bullets without actually breaking the restriction. You're obeying the ruling in letter, but you're avoiding the purpose behind it. And I'm automatically concerned if he can fire at multiple targets with that many projectiles, that quickly.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

If he fires full auto, he must do it in one direction only. When I said he shot everyone, I meant he went more like "Ok, full auto at him for a second, now him, now him, now him...Argh I'm being shot." Not "DIE EVERYONEZ I'M SHOOTING YOU ALL IN ONE MASSIVE EPIX BURST MUHAHAHAHAHA!!11111!11111111" He can't use that to make a wall because it's broad.

He can fire a volley for 30 bullets if he wants, or go full auto for a while, but it must all be in a straight line, which it was.

Well, I guess I do have no defense for it when you put it that way. What do you want me to do about it?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, seeing as most of the damage that he would have sustained with that "clumsy evasion" would've been fatal, I'd say he should be dead. Most people are more lenient than I am, though.

Also:

"HEY GUYS LOOK""I'M FIRING IN A STRAIGHT LINE""THIS IS TOTALLY NOT GOING TO BE A BIG GROUP OF A WHOLE BUNCH OF SMALL THINGS""AND I'M TOTALLY NOT BREAKING THE AGREEMENT ON MY POWERS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE WITNESS TOO."That's what this seems like to me, when shortened and made annoying so as to stand out more to those who don't think like I do. Basically, like Alex said, you're obeying the rule in letter.

That doesn't mean you're actually obeying it, though. That just means everybody's going to hate you because you're using loopholes just to make your character more powerful, not to contribute to the story, or anything like that.

profiles i guess

What do I- What do I want to do abo-

Cease and desist. Start thinking about what he can actually feasibly do. Especially when faced with people better trained than him, in their own element. What you seem to be having a hard time accepting is that you can't just get what you want. Like you had to learn in Alignment, actions have consequences here. And this time, those consequences led to Burnblade being on the receiving end of a beatdown that he probably won't win.

And though Otter is being a bit more blunt about it than I would be, he is right. You're obeying the letter of the law, not the spirit. Because, in all practicality, what is the difference between being able to full auto a stream of fire bullets and a hail of them? One requires a moment of adjustment when the target moves, but the net result is the same. Soaking the target area in suppressive fire. And clearly it can't be too difficult to do, because he just bullet spammed not one, not two, not three, but a minimum of four sniper! Who's positions he shouldn't even have been able to discern that easily, let alone attacked with any kind of range, but apparently his fire bullets can be full auto sniper bullets.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

And all that means two things:

A: He should stop being able to bulletspam like that, and stop the nigh-on godmodding that he was doing,

B: I still think he should be killed, but that's just me. In any event, not only did he harm an innocent police officer, he also began resisting arrest, and firing back on a police officer counts as intent to kill in most cases.

Good luck getting him out of prison is he lives.

profiles i guess

This is why I never go into battle willingly without some sort of backup. Be they summoned creatures or crazy awesome marines.

So basically, you're saying you want his fire to be nearly impossible to hit with? The intention was to make it so that the enemy can dodge the fire about as well as he can dodge fully automatic gunfire. If he can only fire little rounds every now and then, he'd be the most pathetic fighter I've ever made. (Out of the actual "fighter" characters.)

Also, Otter, he has the equivalent of a kevlar vest...except all over his body aside from areas he needs to move. I think clumsy evasion can reduce those to grazing shots rather than head-on piercing shots, which are the only thing the armor can't stop.

I get that he's under fire from multiple enemies. It's why he hasn't been able to get any shots capable of even incapacitating anyone in. It's why his armor is shattering more by the minute. But he is meant to be able to take on at least one human SpecOps agent armed with guns or something, and be able to survive losing a fight fairly well enough.

Pk57sNJ.jpg