X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

TNG, I am going to completely level with you. This post? This one is going to be without the usual filtering that goes into my analysis posts. Because clearly nothing else is getting through to you.

I'm saying I want his fire to be taken down to a reasonable level. That's what the point of the long debates about a week ago to de-power him to a reasonable level were all about. In fact, I wasn't even sure I wanted to approve him at the level he was at. Not because of his powers, not because of any loopholes that I might have accidentally left open, but because I've seen what happens when you are given a character that hasn't had its powers limited as much as humanly possible. It had happened in the BZPRPG. It has happened in Alignment. It has happened here. I knew what I was getting into when I approved that character, but I had hoped that I would not have to deal with this.

His power is already one of the more versatile ones in the game. There is a lot you can do with heat, and a lot that can be done with fire. If you use it right, it's a potentially deadly tool. But you know what fire doesn't do? It doesn't fire like an AK-47, which is what you seem to think it does. It is not a fire assault rifle, it is not a fire machine gun. It is fire. Want to make a fireball? Go ahead. Want a flame thrower? Go ahead. Want to manipulate fire in any one of countless other ways? Be my guest. There is a reason I was adverse to allowing you to bend the laws of physics to allow fire bullets, and this is it. Because you treat it like some kind of gun. Most characters in this game? They don't use guns. And if they do, it's either a part of their power, compensating for a lack of a power, or otherwise a small enough weapon that it can't cause too much of an issue. Instead, you took the little bit of leeway we gave you, and you used it to make a freaking fire Uzi. If you're trying to make it so the enemy can dodge your attacks about as well as they can automatic gunfire, you're doing something wrong.

Further, if you are designing a character due to their level of fighting ability, you are doing something wrong. If you are trying to make him capable of going toe to toe with a SpecOps member, you are doing something so wrong it is not even funny. You should be designing a character, not a Fightbot. The fact that your biggest objection to my point about fire bullets is that it would make Burnblade the "most pathetic of your fighters" speaks volumes. Instead of bending physics to your will for Rule of Cool, learn to make use of the power. Then maybe he won't be as pathetic in your eyes, as sad as that is to see as a scale for a character.

And no. You don't get that he's under fire from multiple enemies. You don't understand that a supersoldier who is faster and stronger than him in every way is attacking at melee range, you don't get that you're being shot at by trained snipers who were chosen as part of the guards for a presidential event, you don't get that you're dealing with soldiers tough enough to deal witha full blown riot, and you don't seem to understand what your limits are! Because if you did, you wound't be getting away with superficial damage! Your untrained character wouldn't be "clumsily" dodging sniper shots, he wouldn't be dodging every blow from someone trained in melee combat, and he wouldn't be safe right now! If you were playing the way you should be, he would be seriously injured. Because you know what? You picked a fight you couldn't handle. Them's the breaks. Actions have consequences, and these are the consequences of Burnblade's.

You're ignoring the intention behind a ruling, you're arguing with the Co-GM who helped to make that ruling, and you're performing maneuvers that are, for your character, full on god modding. You don't seem able to acknowledge your character's limits, and you don't seem to have a problem with that.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well that escalated quickly.

Now I'm not sure what to do. And actually, this character was meant to be weaker than most of my starter (Usually my strongest is the starter) characters in comparison to the rest. I made him to express my moral beliefs on the whole mutants/humans/ethics thing, not to be the ultimate warrior. But I didn't want to make him a bullet sponge either, so I gave him enough power for self-defense against just about any fighter style PC. I did not make him for the purpose of being a bad*** like some of my other characters.

So I guess I should re-write his fire powers now, possibly from the ground up. Then I guess I would have to get them approved again. Apparently I gave him a stupid primary method of attack. Does that work?

I have to request that he isn't attacked in any way shape or form until he can be placed back into the game properly though. (And Otter, I will make a point of ignoring a kill attempt from you, just because that seems to be your intention. Attacking a guy who technically does not exist in his current form at the moment is just cheap, and basically spawn camping/spawn killing.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And lo did the avatar of rage go forth and spread ruination....

LOL-WUT-IT.gif?t=1242310274

>mfw Krayzikk as "avatar of rage"

TNG: I'm terribly sorry that my trained military fighter should have been rather able to fire upon and kill your character, instead of his going "whoop-de-doo you missed woo-hoo" like he did. Because, y'know, this logic thing is useful to play by.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

This is so much fun. Now I know why you like snark so much.

Anyways,

kill kill kill.

That is all.

CLEAR [2]

-Tyler

And lo did the avatar of rage go forth and spread ruination....

Have I mentioned I love you guys recently?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

TNG, I have no idea what you want me to do. I've said what I intended to say, I've made my point, now it's up to you. The only thing you must do is cease the modding.

I saw your post. I had nothing to say in response.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ahem.

Oh, by the way, perhaps you forgot these:

except

he's got enhanced strength

and

not super speed

these bullets move faster than the speed of sound

and they're being fired by the crack shots of the USMC

and by snipers specifically

by all logic

he should be dead by now

Also AP rounds.

Which do exactly what the name implies.

They take armor.

And go through it.

AKA: Snipers firing at him with armour-piercing bullets, which would cut through something like unto kevlar like butter, along with the trained marines on the ground.

I know you don't want your first character in this RPG dead.

But the simple fact of the matter is that, by all means, there's no feasible way he isn't dead right now.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Thought for the day:

The Evil Overlord kills for fun and profit. The Good Overlord kills for the good of his nation. The 'Pacifist Overlord' is more accurately described as 'The Former-Overlord'."
— OddHat
Seems relevent.
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

How... interesting things have gotten. Both IC and OOC. I always miss everything. I can't even begin to imagine what I'm gonna miss when I'm in Boston this weekend.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Actually, I think I might quit. No one's going to take anything I do in this RPG seriously at all now that this has happened. Unless anyone has an objection to it, I'm out of here. This isn't exactly what I'd call worth fighting or arguing for.

Ara ara~ Such pessimism!

People won't take you seriously, yes, but you've only been playing for less than a week! Do more things! Rational things! Make yourself seem serious through your roleplaying! Don't let the chance to prove everyone wrong fly away!

Will you do it?

Alright, I have a question for you folks.

The Brotherhood/Enforcer fight is clearly going nowhere, because I haven't been able to get the one behind the Enforcers to actually post on a regular basis. Similarly, it would appear that the Brotherhood has been mobilizing in the meant time.

So would anyone have any objections if I simply retconned the event out of continuity?

fK5oqYf.jpg

The Brotherhood/Enforcer fight is clearly going nowhere, because I haven't been able to get the one behind the Enforcers to actually post on a regular basis. Similarly, it would appear that the Brotherhood has been mobilizing in the meant time.

So would anyone have any objections if I simply retconned the event out of continuity?

I'm not a fan of such a big ret-con. The invasion was mentioned several times. But it would be plasuable that the attack was called off for now. Especially since Pietro is apparently at the national monument where he just killed the President. Or all of the chaos that is going on in New York, it would make sense the Enforcers would show.

Or, you could always take over the assualt yourself :P.

I'm not a fan of such a big ret-con. The invasion was mentioned several times. But it would be plasuable that the attack was called off for now. Especially since Pietro is apparently at the national monument where he just killed the President. Or all of the chaos that is going on in New York, it would make sense the Enforcers would show.

Or, you could always take over the assualt yourself :P.

See, the invasion hasn't really been mentioned outside of the handful of posts relevant to it. And most of those occurred two weeks ago. If this was an issue that was recently occurring, I'd just take over myself and keep it going. But I have no idea what the plans were, people didn't seem that big into the idea in the first place, and it has ground to a halt.

fK5oqYf.jpg

No kill like overkill

When it comes to mutants, there is no such thing.

The fact they made giant killer robots to enforce the laws against them kinda confirms that. :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.