X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Still. Giant killer robots.

Seriously. If there isn't at, the very least, a volley of cruise missiles aimed at Genosha after this, I'm going to complain.

And then drop agent orange and napalm just everywhere. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

^What he said. On another note, nuking Genosha would likely drop nuclear fallout all over the Seychelles, and any trade routes that go by East Africa. Short term gain of destroying "Mutant Israel" with the long-term result of some degree of international ire. As a quick sidenote, Stardust's power is not fire, but cosmic energy. :/

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

On another note, nuking Genosha would likely drop nuclear fallout all over the Seychelles, and any trade routes that go by East Africa. Short term gain of destroying "Mutant Israel" with the long-term result of some degree of international ire.

....Drat. Enough cruise missiles to blot out the sun then.

STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED. STRATEGIC LAUNCH DETECTED. STRA-

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Alright.I've had about four votes for the retcon, be it here or in another format, one that doesn't care, and one against. Based on this, I'm going to officially declare that the attack has been retconned. The Enforcers did not attack Genosha, and Genosha is continuing on as usual.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, she's in Flex's hands. Just thought I'd fyi. Agent orange would have some serious effects when it leeches into the ocean and gets carried everywhere by currents. Same thing with any nuclear fallout. Ocean+Current+Map.png.jpgActually, it's kinda funny where the currents would probably end up carrying the bulk of the radioactive materials left over from nuking Genosha. Nukes: Never a good idea.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

......Can at least have napalm and cruise missiles? They won't hurt anything important right?*

*Mutants are not considered important. Fish are higher on the list.

I suggest neutron bombs. Irradiates the **** out of everything but decays in about a week.

Oh. And the bouncy balls of doom. I believe you know what I refer to, Basilisk. Massive produce dozen thousand or two, load them into a B-52, and watch the chaos.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So, I'm gonna head off to Boston soon. Since you guys tend to move at supersonic speeds over the weekend, if anything important happens, could one of you just shoot me a PM around Monday just giving me a quick rundown of what happened? I would greatly appreciate it.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

I am not a scientist.

I am an engineer.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So, I'm gonna head off to Boston soon. Since you guys tend to move at supersonic speeds over the weekend, if anything important happens, could one of you just shoot me a PM around Monday just giving me a quick rundown of what happened? I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll get one ready for you, because I know of at least one important event that will be occurring.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

So, I'm gonna say that Genosha's chances of retaining its UN status are slim? Maybe? Thoughts?

I'm thinking that if it isn't, the UN's status as an organization the USA gives a darn about is very much in doubt.

This is sooo exciting!

I know!

Why I love this RPG. Even when I think I know what's coming....

You clever ones you.

From here, the pacing only gets crazier. Believe me.

Consider this a sort of XMDD: Season 1.5. The real fun starts now.

-Tyler

This is very true. From here on in, this place will be living up to its name.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

I imagine I'm the only one disappointed not only in Quicksilver's demise, but indeed, Quicksilver's portrayal throughout the entire RPG. In every instance, Quicksilver has come across as a punk or a failure. It's like watching a blind dog get put down.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

I'm not so disappointed in the fact that he went down, so much as how it happened.

Well, he did alienate and earn the hatred of several members of his faction. And he did send his mind out, leaving his body almost completely undefended. And, there's really no way he could have seen it coming. The dogged nice guy, the mischievous but quiet girl, and his own strategist?

Besides. When the Well-Intentioned Extremist wants you dead, you're way out of line. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

The real question that I'm concerned about...

Who fills the power-vacuum? Effectively, he controlled The Brotherhood, which I believe controlled Genosha.

Who's in charge now? What's their motives, their plans, their regard for lawn enforcement, etc.

I dub Shiloh the Queen of Blades! : D *summons a swarm of angry appliances*

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The real question that I'm concerned about...

Who fills the power-vacuum? Effectively, he controlled The Brotherhood, which I believe controlled Genosha.

Who's in charge now? What's their motives, their plans, their regard for lawn enforcement, etc.

I dub Shiloh the Queen of Blades! : D *summons a swarm of angry appliances*

This should happen.