X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

The real question that I'm concerned about...

Who fills the power-vacuum? Effectively, he controlled The Brotherhood, which I believe controlled Genosha.

Who's in charge now? What's their motives, their plans, their regard for lawn enforcement, etc.

Who knows? :D

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Wow.

You know, having read through this RPG, I have to agree with Advent. Pietro being on the side of "evil" totally made him into a slightly ineffective guy. He died as he lived (in this game). A punk. On another note, Genosha's UN status has hope now! :D

A moment of silence for Quicksilver. He went out with a bang.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

I have a whole bunch of things to say on the subject of Quicksilver, his portrayal, and his death, but I'm way too lazy. So, mayhaps another date. But on that note, have fun guys. Try not to flip the world on it;s shoulders too much when I'm away. I don't wanna have to grab a map when I get back :P

Catch you later.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Here's a profile that I feel like I put up ages ago. Forgot to put it up here with all the excitement. Now, I'm just curious. Would anyone be able to fill in on some of the details regarding the five-paragraph application for a magic character?

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Yeah, I've deleted, edited and re-edited it a couple of times. No dice. I could try again. :D

Name: Stefan "Stef" Krieger

Codename: CerberusAge: 21Gender: MaleFaction: NonePowers: Thanks to the accident which gave him his powers, Cerberus is able to tap into a unique pocket dimension, and imbue organic cells with particles of energy from this dimension.Once these cells are impregnated by the energy, their strength and durability are heightened considerably. After this process, the object will turn jet black. The durability and strength of non-living things infused with his energy is much greater than that of living beings.By soaking himself in this energy, Cerberus own strength, durability and reflexes are enhanced. His strength is peak human, while his durability is somewhat above a human's potential. His reflexes, however, are near superhuman.
When objects Stefan imbues with the extradimensional energy come into extended physical contact with a superpowered being, it has the effect of temporarily nullifying their power. If contact with the imbued object is broken, the power will return instantly, and in full strength. (If a character has multiple abilities, only one of their powers will be suppressed. The power nullified would be entirely up to the character's player).Appearance: Damian is a lean young man with wavy dark brown hair and olive toned skin. His eyes are a vibrant violet. He is ethnically mixed, coming from mixed Mongolian and German parentage, on his fathers side, and Brazilian heritage on his mothers side. Because of this, he appears ethnically ambiguous, and could pass for a number of ethnicities.When he goes on the warpath, Damian dons a sleeveless black leather hoodie, with similar leather bracers. Under his hoodie, he wears a light cotton shirt with short sleeves. He tends to imbue the area around his eyes and nose with his extradimensional energy, turning to a metallic black colour in roughly the shape of a domino mask. This is coupled with a scarf he ties around his mouth and nose. He always wears a silver crucifix.Weapons: Cerberus always carries a bamboo stick on a leather loop (for self-defense), and a narrow bone knife (for whittling). At times, he wields a cane made of bamboo instead. When hunting, he uses a wooden recurve bow, from his old archery days. He also has a pair of leather quivers, and bracers to carry darts. His arrows and darts tend to be made of wood and bone respectively, so that he can take advantage of his power.He carries a small can of black spray paint, in order to tag his victims, and a coil of thin hemp rope.Skills: Cerberus family used to be fairly well off, enough to afford martial arts training when he was younger (BJJ, eskrima, and Muay Thai filled out required extracurricular activities). He was also a member of the Scouts, and an avid member of the archery club, specializing in trick shooting.Following the economic crash, he took up less expensive pursuits, and spent much of his free time freerunning and making grafitti.Personality: Stefan is a left-wing vigilante. He enjoys classical literature and believes that justice must come in the form of swift punishment. The sight of his mother being consumed by a vampire stretched his mind, and he is a conspiracy theorist with severe trust issues. He does not trust institutions, and despises politicians and big business. Due to the tragedies in his life, Stefan hates many things supernatural, all common street thugs, and most of mutantkind. In his mind, his vigilante activities are the works of a hunter, not a hero.Weakness:While Stefan can imbue himself with near peak human strength, he is not a superman. With considerable effort (as well as the wonderful powers of leverage and bracing), he might be able to lift up a truck-sized object enough to free a person trapped underneath.Even if he would imbue his clothing and body with the extradimensional energy, the velocity of a bullet would still do considerable damage, and would be guaranteed to knock the wind out of him and cause great blunt-force trauma. While his enhanced durability can take most low-velocity blunt attacks without difficulty, his skin is still vulnerable to cutting attacks. A taser will knock him out, but he will recover from the jolt a little faster than a normal human.Biography: Stefans father was a rogue SHIELD agent who worked as a mercenary. His mother was a stock broker and business consultant. A fairly well to do family, Stefan lived a life of plenty with his older brother. During the recession, they lost much of their money.The family was hit by a series of unfortunate events. A vampire broke into their more modest home, and drained his mother dry. His father was killed in a crossfire between the X-Men and Brotherhood at a building where he was working security. His brother, on the other hand, lost his life in a tragic mugging.Insurance money has given Stefan some form of financial security. However, the price of this security has been staggering. The boy was alone at the age of 18.He took to a life filled with parkour and reckless risk-taking. One night, while free-running, he fell through a skylight, landing in a laboratory, and shattering a cabinet full of vials and beakers. The contents of the cabinet spilled, and granted him his powers.

Since receiving these gifts, Stefan has become an effective and brutal street vigilante, hunting criminals in his city, and targeting the corrupt.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

I imagine I'm the only one disappointed not only in Quicksilver's demise, but indeed, Quicksilver's portrayal throughout the entire RPG. In every instance, Quicksilver has come across as a punk or a failure. It's like watching a blind dog get put down.

Surprisingly enough, you're not. (I know you're probably gone by now, but even so, I'd like to think you'll read this sooner or later.)

If you ask any of the other staff members involved, killing Quicksilver was an immense creative decision that we all believed was necessary to hammer home one crucial point: at this point, nothing is safe. Anything that you've taken for granted in the Marvel canon can and will be used for or against you at this point. The leader of the free world was just decapitated on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial by the leader of the Brotherhood, who was then gunned down by the son of Wolverine not minutes later. That's a heavy moment, and what's more, it's something that could only happen in this specific universe.

That said, did we have any qualms about killing Quicksilver? Did any of us protest the decision? No. Because you're right: Quicksilver's portrayal throughout the RPG wasn't that memorable, and at times it was a total betrayal of the comic character. The Brotherhood as a faction was stagnating, when it was needed for a plot nearer than you'd all think; the cocktail of the two gave us the idea to kill off Quicksilver to drive home the point that at this point, we are truly not playing around anymore. It's a kickstart to the group that has no real repercussions or anything that would require retroactive explanation in the future, and it puts down the blind dog before he loses any more senses.

Is it unfortunate? Yeah, a little. But as a creative decision, it's worth it, and I'm proud of the way it was executed.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

alright, retcon away

So ol Pietro is dead. I'd always planned on him dying. I'm sorry if his portyal wasn't up to your standards Advent.

Kinda funny that his death was due to a plot Madara formed. Twas his idea for Pietro to be killing ol Binder :P.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

This makes things interesting. Actions have consequences. Big ones.

Also proves that the staff isn't afraid of really shaking things up.

I am going to enjoy what is coming next I think.

Also Shoggoths.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Sound the revolution's thunder/a monumental blunder/averted and betrayed....

The world is getting interesting.

All it needs is some Great Old Ones and we'll have the end times.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Argh, didn't expect for Fury to reply so soon. Now I've actually have to think of a plan and a way to say it without sounding dumb. On other notes, I too was sort of disappointed. By Pietro's death. Not only it derailed my plan, it also wasn't the best executed, IMO. And who will replace the brotherhood? Hellfire club? Doctor Doom? The Mandarin? And yes, Basilisk. Neutron bombs all the way. Howver, I have a sort of different style...

Edited by Constructman

Now Victor will never meet his uncle in flesh and blood. :( On another note, why does it feel like the Brotherhood got completely screwed this time, while the head of the X-Men (*cough*Dr. McCoy) are no worse for the wear?Those bullets better have hit something important in there (that a miracle gel can't magic away in a minute).

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Now Victor will never meet his uncle in flesh and blood. :(On another note, why does it feel like the Brotherhood got completely screwed this time, while the head of the X-Men (*cough*Dr. McCoy) are no worse for the wear?Those bullets better have hit something important in there (that a miracle gel can't magic away in a minute).

Oh just you wait.....

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

So the Brotherhood is basically dead.

.....I'm going to go dance on the grave. Care to join me?

Who said the Brotherhood was gone for good? They're down for the moment, yep. But you never know.

Although, much of their lack of presence was due to player stagnation. There weren't that many Brotherhood characters from the start, and they didn't have a lot to do. If there's enough interest in keeping them around, I'll see what I can do to fix that.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG