• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

X-Men: Discussion Topic

X-Men Marvel Superheroes

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 02:07 PM

You know when you've been playing a game for a long time that you have to change the character profile to suit the character...

I think that was the longest post I've ever written...

So Rapture wants to save the world. Thoughts?

#82 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sounds fishy.

#83 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 02:52 PM

Maybe so.

The fishy part is "How is she gonna exactly do it?"

#84 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 11:31 PM

Who knows.

Oh yeah and I made Christine in HM! Link!

I think she turned out pretty good, if anyone wants to request me to take a crack at one of their char's in HM I'd love too while I still have the creative vibe.

#85 Offline Joseph Cooper

Joseph Cooper
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 11:32 PM

Uh, Natalie or Jared would be incredibly nice Flex.

The Ihu-Koronan Highlanders are always looking for more recruits. I have four positions that I need filled, PM me for information.

BZPRPG Profiles

#86 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 11:34 PM

Mkay, I'll take a look at their descriptions. Want them in suits or normal clothes? More options with suits.

#87 Offline Joseph Cooper

Joseph Cooper
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 11:44 PM

Suit for Jared I guess, though if you want to do one for Natalie you'll have to design it.

The Ihu-Koronan Highlanders are always looking for more recruits. I have four positions that I need filled, PM me for information.

BZPRPG Profiles

#88 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 12:05 AM

Care to give me the suits description?

Also I did Harbinger.

His glasses stare into your soul.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius, Jan 29 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#89 Offline Joseph Cooper

Joseph Cooper
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 12:06 AM

I just wrote it. I'll send it to you via Skype.

BZPRPG Profiles

#90 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 19-July 12
  • 4,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 07:54 AM

What is this HM program? It seems like a good drawing program. Also, could you do Knower/Odysseus in HM as well?

#91 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 02:06 PM

If you want to take a crack at any of my characters, feel free to.

I also need to add you on skype o-o

#92 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:48 PM

I finished Jared and PM'd him to Kaithas, waiting for his reply.

Gonna attempt Natalie then Knower.

Hero Machine isn't a drawing program persay, its like a designing program. Everything's drawn you choose stuff put it together color it, combine items and whatnot and can save your work for later. Its pretty cool but takes a little while to get used too

#93 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:52 PM

So uh, (trying to start a conversation)

I know M day and all the madness happened...

But what's the exact time that the RP's backstory starts? Is it before the civil war, or after?

#94 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:58 PM

It says in the first post that Apocalypse, Decimation, and Ciil War have taken place. But it also says that the Phoenix Force killed everybody 17 years ago. What year does this Rpg take place in? If it takes place in 2012, we may have a continuity error.

#95 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,283 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well, you see, this is a bit of an unworkable subject. Because this RPG does is fact take place more or less in 2012, and and the events that killed, well, everyone occurred seventeen years ago. But if we assume that those events did indeed occur, then there is a rather large issue.Which is pretty much why these things are rarely, if ever, mentioned in detail in game. Marvel canon is simply too big and complex to make fit exactly.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#96 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 04:28 PM

I do like this statement.

Dates never really impacted the Marvel universe much anyway...

#97 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 05:22 PM

Also remember that this is our own reality. Marvel-(some random number) it is not the main one. So these events could have taken place before they did in the normal marvel universe, also they could of went down a bit differently.

#98 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think the tactic of "ignoring the past until we can't avoid it" should serve us well. 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#99 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,283 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think the tactic of "ignoring the past until we can't avoid it" should serve us well. 

You see Basilisk here?Be like Basilisk....minus the plans to take over the world. i have enough of those to deal with

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#100 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 05:53 PM

I still prefer my evil plan to save the world.

I'm still waiting for someone to shut me down on that. It almost seems to unreal that I'm going through with a plot I came up with...

#101 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 05:53 PM

minus the plans to take over the world. i have enough of those to deal with

Shhhh! 

Jeeze man, the moon laser isn't even done yet. 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#102 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 06:12 PM

If you're going to start on continuity, you're going to have more to look at than just the RPG. There have been so many retcons and redos in the Marvel canon proper that trying to organise a date for anything is going to be impossible. 

If worst comes to worst, just have John sell his marriage to Mephisto or something. That tends to solve everyone's problems with no backlash whatsoever, right?

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#103 Offline Queen Anora Mac Tir

Queen Anora Mac Tir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 23-December 05
  • 9,436 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 06:50 PM

EW's profile of honey and happiness:Name: Armin Stohl, 13th Earl of StonehillCodename: [The] BrewmasterAge: 40Sex: MaleFaction: None.Power(s): Armin has three powers:• The ability to create a wormhole across the user’s known space, connecting one place to another via a tunnel that enables instantaneous travel. He can create the cosmic bridge and sustain it as long as he concentrates on it, and it will fade after enough mass goes through, roughly the mass of a car. Effectively, this is transportation, only requiring more action than mere thought as the user needs to enter the portal to have the desired effect.• The ability to transmute liquids to toxic substances, basically turning it into poison. The effect is gradual; a bottle can be turned toxic in a blink of an eye while it would take a much longer time to make a vat go bad. He can affect the potency and severity of each poison when he transmutes it.

• He also cannot have his sex and/or gender altered in any way, shape or form.Appearance: Tall and of regular build, Armin has a shaved head and thick eyebrows that hover above brown eyes. He has a prominent sharp nose and a bemused grin framed with a close-cropped goatee. Almost perpetually dressed in a wool three-piece matching suit of striped green, giving him a gentlemanly and cultured appearance overall.Weapons: To defend himself without using his powers, Armin carries a Beretta Px4 Storm chambered for .45ACP with a 17-round magazine.Skills: He’s a relatively solid shot with a gun and a competent kickboxer, but his true mastery lies in brewing beers and ales.Personality: He is a clever man and is shrewd in business and jokes alike. Despite his caution to hide his true potential, he is not paranoid and is rather relaxed, though not arrogant.Weakness: His wormholes draw a lot from his mental faculties and they can backfire if he is distracted from the portal. His mutant powers are a secret he keeps to himself and will only use them in battle as a last resort and will fight with his fists if he has a chance with it. Though he can defend himself, he is physically unaugemented and can be taken down with strength like any other man.Bio: A moderately wealthy man from Austria, Armin Stohl is a beer connoisseur and brewery owner. He makes some of the most exquisite ales on the market and truly loves his work. Most of his wealth comes from inheritance since he is the head of a noble house in Northern England. His seat is Thornhill Castle, though he rarely ever visits the place except for vacations and the one week a year he must accomplish his noble duty there. According to records, his family was given the estate after the previous family was murdered mysteriously. It was given as a black gift hundreds of years ago but the family turned it into a good blessing. Still, the house has its secrets.

But despite his good life and background, he lives a second shadow life.

When he was young, he discovered his talents and quickly realized he was special. He used his powers for benign uses at first, such as procrastinating a little more since he could just warp to school in a second, or quietly putting animals out of their misery in compassion, but still kept them to himself. As he grew older he realized there were others like him with powers of their own, but he didn’t feel like he belonged in the company of such mutants. Over the years of practice with his powers he become quite powerful and seeks to extinguish or nullify the other mutants, ostensibly to be “special.” But there is a mysterious twinkle in his eyes, too, and time will tell what it betrays.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen, Jan 31 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#104 Offline Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 07:42 PM

Adders is right.

Dealing with Mephisto always works out well.

We should(n't) retcon the entire RP at the end, so that way, we would(n't) have a plausible reason to re-do everything differently.

#105 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 07:44 PM

Dealing with Mephisto always works out well.

When has making deals with demons and Outer Gods failed? Never!

It's worked out for me so far. Nothing bad has happHAILCTHULHUPOWERTOTHEOUTERDARKMAYTHEWORLDFALL ened so far. I'm fine. 

#106 Offline Joseph Cooper

Joseph Cooper
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,889 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:15 PM

So, Flex made Natalie. Looks pretty epic: http://i700.photobuc...zps90d75aba.jpg And because I was bored I made one a while back using the gimp: http://i1294.photobu...zpsb8b966f8.png Note: I had this picture for months, so I can't remember who it actually is.

BZPRPG Profiles

#107 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:50 PM

Also I re-did John's face. Drew it myself. Only because HM does horrible men faces.

Before:

After:

Also re-did the masked version:

New.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius, Jan 29 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#108 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

The Manga Maniac Named Zac
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 11-April 11
  • 2,381 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm thinking about drawing some of the X-Men characters.Anyone want me to do any of their's?

Edited by Mega Man ZETA, Jan 29 2013 - 10:53 PM.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I create manga. Yeah. Anyway have some links to my stuff on the site:

MangaManiac Stuff:

//BIONICLE Manga Concept\\

((THIS WILL BE EDITIED))

#109 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 18-December 11
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 07:20 AM

If anyone can do Scott, that would epicsauce.

War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands

#110 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hey, you know how we have the X-Men and the Neo-Avengers in this game? Do you you think that we could use a new Fantastic Four as well?

#111 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,957 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:37 AM

please please please nooooooooooooooooooooooo

-Tyler

and again, pathetic confusion.

ghostie.jpg

dorian, you aint changed.

#112 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wouldn't any new Fantastic Four logically have to include Franklin and Valeria Richards? Both of whom are pretty much god-tier superpowers now, when they're not even in teenage years (I think...), let alone when they're adults. I can't see them being approved

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#113 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:14 PM

@TPTI: it doesn't have to be connected to the original four; it could be a completely unrelated roster, they just have to share the same idea of the FF.And wouldn't the Richards children have either been killed or seriously depowered from the Phoenix's attack? It's hard to hide if you're an omega-level mutant.

#114 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:21 PM

Given that they can both warp reality and time wit but a thought I'd say it would actually be easier for them to hide. Just pop into a different century for a bit until the Phoenix has calmed down

#115 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 02-May 05
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:36 PM

To reiterate something I said earlier, I'm not particularly feeling the idea of fleshing out this universe with more and more rehashes and next generation variants of current Marvel superheroes. It sounds restrictive and lazy as far as creation and development.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#116 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 15-July 12
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yeah very true. New original teams are free to form. I don't think we need to revamp any more canon ones.

#117 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,667 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:26 AM

Say, anyone in New York City able to interact with Mikhail?

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#118 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:34 AM

To reiterate something I said earlier, I'm not particularly feeling the idea of fleshing out this universe with more and more rehashes and next generation variants of current Marvel superheroes. It sounds restrictive and lazy as far as creation and development.

So much this. Constructman, you've got a creative brain in there somewhere; use it, and make us feel bad for ever doubting you.

#119 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members

• 19-July 12
  • 4,048 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:43 AM

@Hubert: who? I have ancharactwr in NYc available right now but who's Mikhail?

#120 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,667 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:51 PM

He's an electric SHIELD member who was taking a break from his job when the Helicarrier got whoomed.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users