X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Just to add some more spots for people. I felt tw knights on each side was a bit low. I suppose I could make it two knights...

Black it is.

Updated ranks:

Black

King: Shaw

Queen: Reserved

Bishop: Earl/Reptilian, The Mysterious Priest

Rooks: Wyatt, 1 spot

Knights: Corpse, Cambion

Pawn: Novocain, Sarah, 6 spots

White

King: Jace

Queen: Lynae

Bishop: Romulus, 1 spot

Rooks: Song, Everywhere

Knights: Legion, Ben

Pawn: Nick, Rapture, Sam/Assassin 5 spots

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

On the whole, I am not fond of moves copied from video games. Especially on characters copied from video games. Because typically, I or someone else has no idea what you're talking about.

In other words, I have no idea how to answer that, because I have no idea what it is.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I attempted to send a pm to Zytrix but the system isn't working, so I'll ask it here.With the events of Felix being kidnapped retconned, does Wyatt still have a chance to escape?I'm sort of undecided on whether a timeskip would be a good idea. It would seem a little abrupt to do a timeskip right now at this exact moment; maybe after the new President has been installed?

Edited by Constructman

Yeah. A funeral for Binder might be nice too. Hence the "near future". I don't imagine we'd want to RP through weeks of Senate/Committee/House of Reps debate over any new anti-mutant legislation.Also, VP Ocalan is pro-mutant control. He wasn't at the New York conference either.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Once a few storylines are tied up, an eventual time skip would be a good way to introduce new mutant control legislation, the effects of the legislation on an unregistered group of mutants like the X-Men, explore the long term consequences of the failed assassination attempt on Beast, give Brotherhood characters time to regroup, etc. Right now, the world is reeling in shock from Binder's assassination. But a background of shock is not sustainable for long term playing. A time skip would put down the spectre of poor President's rolling noggin, give the opportunity for you staff to introduce a backdrop that capitalises on a world with where the stakes have been raised.It wouldn't be a "right now" situation, but a time skip in the near future is the only viable way forward.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Mmkai, fair enough. Wanted to make sure this wasn't something that was just "hey guys it's two months later look at all the cool stuff my character has done and learned" like the last timeskip.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

While I disagree with the reasoning behind the timeskip, I don't have any major objection. I only disagree with the reasoning because a timeskip isn't the only viable way forward, and if timed badly (Like the last one), people that were doing things end up getting the short end of the stick.

Actually, I dislike major timeskips in general. But that's just my opinion.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

And I read that bit. My point is that with the players having so many different characters in so many different locations, and with different timing, there really is no way to find a point that everyone can skip forward without someone getting stuck with their plans interrupted.

Again, just my personal opinion on the subject.

EDIT: Not to mention, the last timeskip served no purpose other than to skip over some stuff that could have been interesting.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

You know what, ignore what I said earlier. Given the opportunity to think...

I agree with Kray. A few little things (ex, night-to-day, day-to-night) could be done, but unless it's absolutely necessary, I'd also prefer to avoid a timeskip. There's a good number of things that I'd like to do with my characters that would happen over the expanse of a few days, and I'm probably sure the same is true for Tyler, Kray, and some of the others.

I'd propose moving in-game day to in-game day. Sure, for a couple in-game days, there wouldn't be many big, game-changing events. However, having the time for character interaction/development would be nice, as there is a good deal that can possibly happen in the immediate future.

So... Yeah.

/endbrokenflute.

...You know what, I actually really dig that idea.

We could do something like we did with the old Techna game, where we advanced the time by hours. Here, of course, we'd do it in days, give people some fluidity in how time moves, but the principle would be the same: after a while or so of RPing, a GM adds on to the end of their post that it's now midnight of a new day, then we start up a little mini timeskip thing for a couple hours until dawn.

Thoughts?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND