X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

... Next time you ask for a dream come true it is advised you make certain you don't ask for a nightmare.

Name: Annie (Real name: Anne) WorthingtonCodename: BlackbirdAge: 19 or 20Sex: Yes. Errr, female.Faction: X-Men (technically)Power(s):

1. Annie has two alabaster feathered wings on her back, a Worthington legacy, and they allow her free flight. These additional appendages can be crushed into her back so that they can be covered by clothes without a sign. Linked to this is a very airy but flexible skeleton that enables her greater dexterity.
  2. But, unlike Warren, she also developed a secondary mutation: mass reduction. She can shrink something, animate or inanimate, to a minimum size of two inches, though anything she shrinks requires great willpower and shrinking anything bigger than a car will cause her to hemorrhage. She can reverse the effects at no cost, however, and restore anything she shrinks to normal size.

Appearance: Annie is lithe and stands at a good six feet. She has almost no adipose tissue and is just muscle and bones, giving her a very defined and edgy body. Two eyes that glint like opals peer out at everything with casual disdain, floating on a narrow face with a refined nose and small mouth. She has a pair of tattoos on her shoulders, one of a crow on her left and and one of a magpie on her right. They both have meanings. Her hair is shoulder length, straight and black and she usually tucks her bangs behind her ears, revealing a single platinum streak that diagonally crosses her forehead.

Her wardrobe is dark that contrasts with her pale skin; she can’t tan worth a dime though strangely also doesn’t get sunburns. She has a layered look with a black tank top under a black form-fitting button down shirt and wears a black leather jacket over that. She frequently wears skinny black jeans and a pair of side-zip black boots that, combined, give off a devil-may-care vibe.

Belongings: Annie has a simple, small black leather messenger bag that holds, among other things, her iPad, several IDs and a Vektor CP1 pistol.Skills: Despite her lightness and thinness she is still rather strong and fit, and, coupled with an excellent sense of balance and dexterity, this allows her to fight acrobatically with surprising tenacity, and she is adept at reversing force thrown at her. She’s an accomplished pilot and quite good at basic espionage, thanks to her quiet steps and ability to cram in tight places.Personality: She seems to be a bright but depressed girl who sees the good in things but is equally perceptive of the negative. Not particularly happy, she isn’t talkative unless she gets close to someone. With her history if being forgotten, abused, mistreated and downtrodden she isn’t keen on trusting people easily, which can make her distant, and becomes aggressive when threatened in the slightest.Weakness: She is very light, and while this translates to flexibility it also makes her weak to physical attacks; a strong punch can knock her down (the trick is landing the punch). While in flight her wings can be used against her and are not as developed or strong as Warren’s.

Bio: Warren Worthington III was her father, but when she was only three or four he left the family entirely. While Alaric Carlisle was given a place on the family will and was raised to become a prominent member of the X-Men, Anne was granted no such favour. Not mentioned on the will and no provisions given her, she was taken by the State and placed in subpar institutions throughout her youth, going from potential heiress to little more than a name on a sheet of paper taken from school to school. She was the butt of jokes and subject of abuse as she grew up, hardening her mind and body as she became an adult. Despite the negative life she lived she excelled academically, never dulling her senses. Instead of attempting to reject the culture around her she embraced it, making it her ally, and before she graduated from high school at a mere age fifteen she was the leader of a school gang in New York City. Violence couldn’t hurt her if she was the one wielding it.

She never forgot who she was as a Worthington, either, and kept the name as soon as she could stand up for herself, rejecting the State-given surname. Memories of her early life still wafted in her mind like specters in a dream and she dreamed to one day right everything that went wrong against her.

Currently: Attempting to reconnect with the only sibling at the X-Man mansion.

Themesong:Millstone” by Brand New.

I have a question.

What sort of training facilities does the Helicarrier have? Say Knower wanted to do something more than just going to the weight room or fighting robots. Does it have anything really special, like the Danger Room? I'd be most interested in a something where he can fight simulacrums of people (say eh wanted to test how long he'd stand against Taskmaster).

The Danger Room is unique to the X-Men. The others do not have an equivalent.

Hence why Weapon X had their little arenas, the Brotherhood had their sparring matches, and the Enforcers had standardized training. SHIELD does not have access to something similar to the Danger Room. It is beyond their capabilities.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So do they have, say, Holodroids? Or Life-Model Decoys of famous heros/villains? Anything like that?

That would be a Danger Room-esque device.

No. And even if they did, they certainly wouldn't have them online after the stuff that's been going down recently.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

She never went to sleep. This was her giving up on it.

The curse lessens inhibitions and such as, Lucia's self control is just about the only thing holding her together at this point. Understandable, considering her parents were killed, her family destroyed and she's been on a cross-country trip on the back of an extra-dimensional horror and been thrown into an entirely new world.

All in the space of a week or two at most.

Really, the fact she's even functioning at all is a testament to her willpower.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

It's.....Just roll with it all. The spell is there, and has been referenced, but it just amplifies what's already there. If someone is speaking to someone with which they have no animosity, they're not going to be cranky.

Time handwaving is in full effect.

fK5oqYf.jpg

By which I mean the reason she couldn't slip is because she is slowly losing the ability to keep those memories safely locked away due to the curse.

Note she didn't indicate exactly what kind of "refreshment" she'd be partaking in.

Wine makes everything better.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: Dominik Lord

Codename: RegentAge: 19Gender: MaleFaction: BrotherhoodPower(S): Dominik has the power to transport himself and other people in contact with him via sources of light; this means that he can carry up to, say, three people with him if he "jumps" into a lightbulb, as long as they all have a solid grip on him and there is another source of light somewhere within sight. In addition, to help make this power more easy for him to use at, say, nighttime, Dominik has the power to create small bastions of light for use in teleportation. The power isn't much good in battle beyond allowing him to create small flashbangs with a snap of his fingers.Appearance: Pretty. Mother of God. Dominik is about as rugged as a newborn infant, with a light, milk chocolate tone to his soft-as-silk skin, startling hazel eyes with flecks of emerald green, and long, styled deep golden blonde hair with always seems to stretch out to the right, like it's in a game of tug of war with the wind. Tall and lithe with the muscles of a gymnast and the slightly slouching, casual stance of a panther, Dominik looks about as fair as a palm tree; this frail appearance belies his strength and agility in battle, which is on par with fellow prettyboy (and late Brotherhood leader) Pietro Maximoff in his prime. Dominik's clothes are just as well-kept, a fact that stands at odds with his urban warefare-esque upbringing. He sports a deep navy blazer that runs just to his waistline, slim-to-skinny beige leather pants, brown Frye Dorado riding boots that cut at his knees and a deep maroon scarf.Weapons: Dominik doesn't carry a lot in the way of permanent weaponry on him, though he's skilled at using all manner of small handheld weapons (knives, crowbars, guns, etcetera etcetera) and can even manage stuff like sniper rifles at times.Skills: As someone who had to learn that running plus fighting equals surviving since the age of seven, Dominik has almost superhuman endurance, stamina and strength without the use of his powers, regularly benching 250 and running 4.25 minute miles. He's also an adept shot with most smaller weapons, and skilled with acquiring and working with cars and machinery.Personality: Witty and wry yet callous and controlled in the same breath, Dominik's world is one of balance and composure: he can be passionately emotive while factoring in cold logic, he's a practitioner of Radical Honesty while being as comforting as possible, and can make you cry with his blunt nature just as easily as he can make you smile with a pretty word. He's completely in control of himself, never one to give in to a fit of anger, but also never one to ignore natural impulse when he feels it's not leading him astray.Weakness: Dominik's powers aren't very good in physical combat, and he doesn't often care enough to bring any real weapons, so if you get him in a situation where there's not a lot of room for improvisation he'll be left on the defensive a lot and will wear down quicker than he would if he were on the attack.

Bio: Dominik is a child of the roughest parts of Chicago, so when he looks at the Brotherhood, he kind of shrugs and goes "meh."

He didn't get the chance to finish high school (he later educated himself in the Brotherhood library until you'd be hardpressed to find someone who matched his sheer intelligence and penchant for knowledge, whether it be trivial facts or more college level material) he didn't have many friends that survived into adulthood with him, and he had a small rap sheet for carjacking, B&E, and even an assault charge or two by the time he would have graduated. He was serving time in a holding cell at the age of 16 for driving into a port-a-john with a stolen Crown Vic Interceptorand then disappearing into thin air (he teleported right into the police station, as it happened; Dominik wasn't cut out for petty crime...) when Pietro Maximoff caught a whiff of his antics while up north. In need of a man who could make speedy getaways that wasn't him, Pietro posted bail proclaiming himself to be the young man's godfather and promptly whisked him away. Dominik took the time to reinvent himself, becoming more dapper and learning to purge the harsh lifestyle Chi-town had bred into him while retaining the lessons and skills he had learned there.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Just feeling the need to comment on an earlier question. Life Model Decoys shouldn't be anything resembling a problem for SHIELD to use, considering they are a SHIELD creation. They do indeed have a training room on the Helicarrier, it's not as advanced as the Danger Room, but it does exist, with holographic capabilities and all. That may differ in the XMDD universe, but I wanted to clarify it's actual existence. While not the best example by any means, the most recent example of it's use that I can think of would be in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

While I have not completely looked over the character sheet yet, a character with the codename Royale exists in this RPG already.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Okay. Now, with that settled, before I throw forth approval, I just want to know what it is exactly that Regent does that maintains an above Olympic Level physique, and the accompanying capabilities? Because as far as I'm aware, that's something that, without any mutations or genetic altering, would require day-in, day-out training and dieting, which is something I don't think he'd have time for, being a member of the Brotherhood and all.

Because the Brotherhood has definitely had a chock full social calendar lately. Diet and exercise are hardly a stretch when you have one half-hearted scheme to attend to every three or four months.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I have no idea what the time span of the RPG has been anymore :P, but even discounting that, That's still a truckload of equipment, time, effort and such being put into building that kind of body. The maintenance for that level of physical capability is ridiculous, putting aside the idea of that much strength training, and still maintaining a lithe physique. I'm just saying I would like a better explanation than a lifetime of surviving on the streets, because deadlifting 600+ pounds isn't going to come from that.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

I'd imagine that with the varied personnel types the Brotherhood deals with, whether it be in a complex of warehouses or on an island in the South Pacific, there's always going to be some sort of gym complex to use.

Plus, deadlifting six hundred pounds is an exaggeration. Even doing 230-270 on the daily and eating a runner's diet would be good enough to get you onto an Olympic team, and it would keep you lithe to boot.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

True, but that's bare minimum. You specifically stated above Olympic-level, which I would imagine would go above and beyond that by and large, no? I would think above Olympic-level would put your character's strength level beyond that of a Class IV lifter, or Elite, or whatever you want to call it. And I reiterate, my problem isn't that he can do it, it's how it's explained in the profile. Street living is not gonna bring about that kind of physique.

It was a generality that I used to imply that "this guy knows what he's doing when it comes to fighting and he's pretty tough so don't underestimate him." You're nitpicking. :P

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

True, but that's bare minimum. You specifically stated above Olympic-level, which I would imagine would go above and beyond that by and large, no? I would think above Olympic-level would put your character's strength level beyond that of a Class IV lifter, or Elite, or whatever you want to call it. And I reiterate, my problem isn't that he can do it, it's how it's explained in the profile. Street living is not gonna bring about that kind of physique.

Advent?Have you been reading up on my posting style while I wasn't looking?:P

fK5oqYf.jpg

Nitpicking, yes. But valid nitpicking. Those little details make the man! But yeah, all silliness aside, I do think that section should either be better fleshed out, or glossed over with a less specific generalization.

Advent?Have you been reading up on my posting style while I wasn't looking? :P

I may have picked up a thing or two.

*shifty glances*

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

Um.

Hmmm.

Well, there's Tyrone, one of the remaining teachers. I'd say Alex, one of the senior X-Men, but he's technically a wanted man. Beast's dead. Ashlynn's dead. Giles is MIA, presumed dead.

Yeah, basically Tyrone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I'm suddenly sorely tempted to overthrow the Russian government in RP.

Can't imagine why.

Also can't imagine why the USA seems to be the only nation with a sensible attitude torwards the threat Mutants pose.

Edited by Basilisk