X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

So idea time, would any here have any huge objections if I made a character based off of Carmen Sandiego?

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, Brando Barton would despise her.

-Tyler

Hm. Maybe we could work that in even further, with your permission of course. A rogue SHIELD agent?

.....Who looted the armory quite throughly on the way out.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

That was actually a reference to a long ago joke in which Brando demanded someone from SHIELD track down Carmen Sandiego.

But that idea is so genius.

-Tyler

Well, I'm giving her the code name "Carmen Sandiego" now. Joke becomes plot. :P

I'll get a profile up soon.

A sane person (homo sapiens sanitas) is a sub-species of the human being (homo sapiens), and the member of the Hominidae family of the mammalian order known as primates. They are remarkably similar to their cousins, the only other extant species of the genus Homo, only differing through more psychological issues such as abstract reasoning, problem solving and introspection. Their mental capabilities and great use of tools leads many to assume that they currently dominate the planet, but their lack of numbers prevents them from doing so, leaving administration to their lesser cousins.

The divide between the sane person and the human being probably occurred during the Upper Palaeolithic, 50 000 years ago. However, some scientists argue that the diverge could have occurred much later, around the beginning of the Neolithic Revolution that occurred 12,000 years ago, citing the beginnings of agriculture as the work of sane people. Yet what is commonly agreed upon is that the sane person's numbers took a nose-dive shortly after when the more wide-spread human being also began to practise agriculture.

Much of human development in ages past has been attributed to members of the species, including the invention of the wheel. Had it not been for their efforts, scientists, who could possibly too be 'sane people', as they are colloquially known as, believe that without the influence of homo sapiens sanitas, the human race would still have been a hunter-gatherer society, one that would not have managed to survive the regular alien attacks that have occurred (see: Battle of Waterloo and Battle of Stalingrad).

Research has shown that interbreeding between the two extant species of Homo is possible, as there are absolutely no physical dissimilarities between the two races. This has also lead to many members of the 'sane people' to believe they are simply 'human beings'. In the modern day however, more and more people have come to accept that they are not of the same species as their fellows, and begin to focus much of their efforts in assisting the human race improve.

The relationship between the two races throughout history has been harsh, with many 'sane people' being persecuted by humanity for extolling more radical and progressive beliefs. Scientists have estimated the death toll of sane people through the actions of homo sapiens sapiens over the ages is at least 3 million, although some push the number higher. The even faster decline of homo sapiens sanitas over the last seven thousand years has been due to this, with the remaining members of the species currently classified as critically endangered.

Notable members of the species include Marcus Ulpius Nerva Traianus Augustus and Siddhārtha Gautama.

For further reading, please consult Correi Sampson's Thesis on Homo Sapiens Sanitas and the Development of Humanity.

Sent this to Tyler already, but figured I'd post it here too 'cause why not.

Some paragraphs... OF DOOM! Concerning why I would like to be allowed to construct a character grounded in myth.Well, I suppose the first and, unfortunately, most contestable point is that I believe I am a capable and responsible RPer. While I have had my share of OOC scuffs with some of the members of the RPG, only once was it concerning an event that occurred as a result of an arguable RPing misstep. I firmly believe that even that scuff was a stylistic clash rather than an actual failure in the realm of RPing, and that aside, I believe I have proven myself responsible in an RPing capacity, in that I RP fairly and considerately, and would continue to do so with a character of mythological background.Which brings me to the character idea itself.The idea for the character I would like to create is a dragon, mostly sealed in human form. Realizing the rather impressive arsenal of abilities that Dragons tend to possess (extreme strength and durability, elemental and magical resistances, natural access to magical capabilities, supernatural healing, transformation, divination, toxic breath, elemental manipulation dependent on the dragon myth being used), in order to curb this, the idea is that in order to keep his powers from being allowed to run free, a rather competent sorcerer cast a series of restraints on the beast that forced it into the shape of a human, robbing it of a majority of it's abilities . However, powerful as dragons tend to be, not all of it could be restrained.The character would have the ability to breath fire and have enhanced animal senses. He/She would also have a natural... I suppose "aura" of a predatory nature, one that would constantly give a feeling of unease. It's final ability would be the ability to temporarily stretch the limits of the restraints to morph portions of his/her body into the shape they once were such as changing his/her arm to a fully fledged dragon arm, or shifting his/her skin to scales, or restoring his/her wings for flight. Restraints stretched to their utmost, the character would be able to take on a humanoid variant of the form it once held, but only for short stretches of time.Regaining it's previous full dragon form would be next to impossible, and would require magical assistance from a being well versed in seals and restraint spells. Even with the restraints stretched to their most absolute, the majority of the abilities it had access to would be unavailable. It would regain strength and durability, and enhanced magical resistance, but that would likely be all, and it would only last so long as the seal is being pushed to it's limit. It is my intent that the dragon never be freed from it's restraints without sufficient plot reason (preferably one brought about by someone else, as I have no reason to use a full capacity dragon. It would be overpowered and would just be unfair.) and even after release were it ever to happen for any reason, I would like the character to be resealed, due to the restraints having a self regenerating nature.The reason I want to create such a character is... Well, quite simply, I love dragons, and with the sudden upswing of mythical creatures, I would certainly love the opportunity to play as one, even in a sincerely restrained regard. I would love to add to the variety of creatures now roaming the XMDD world and this seemed to be a solid chance to do so.If you need more, feel free to let me know, but hopefully, this will cover it.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

SO I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT GRAVITY POWERS IN GAME.

SO I JUST HAD TO POST SOMETHING.

ya know?

Anyway, if he really was able to stop the plane was depended entirely on how his powers themselves worked. That is, if the effect of altered gravity disappeared immediately after leaving the "gravity fields" or if it had a lingering effect. In order to slow and/or stop the plane with the effects disappearing immediately after the objct left the field, then he would first have to reverse the gravitic pull inside the field, and then increase gravity to a high level. As the plane enteres the high-reverse-gravity field, it wouldn't immediately begin to stop, given that forces such as inertia were still at work on it. Actualy, because of the plane's falling speed, quite a bit of structural damage would be encountered because of the forces working against each other. If the plane did managed to survive without critical damage, then it would be a matter of keeping it from getting sling-shotted upward into the sky by the insane-reversed-gravity that stopped it. This would be rather simple, if this character can alter the gravity in an already created field. Once the plane is stopped, a simple nullification of all gravity within the field would allow it to "hover" in mid-air. The only problem with this is generating enough reversed gravity to stop the plane before it exits the field and normal gravity take hold of it again.

Now, if the gravity fields have lasting effects even after the object exits it, than it would take less power, given that the character doesn't have to stop it before it left the field itself. Just enough reversed gravitic pull to stop the plane before it hit the ground, at which point a field of null-grav would keep it from falling into space.

Still, the amount of power to do this would be very high, because he only creates fields of altered gravity, instead of manipulating the force completely.

okay im done

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Actually, we'd need another member for physics voltron. That would be more like physics Captain Planet.....what?

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, I'm not sure who here remembers them. The only full PC team of Enforcers ever in existence. The only effective team of Enforcers... Well, ever. :pThe infamous Delta Squad is rolling once more.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: ShawClang.Nathan's blow met the forehead of a man who had not been there a moment before. Behind him, a teleporting mutant could be seen grasping his shoulder."I am so very disappointed in you, Doctor," Sebastian Shaw said casually.OOC: Completely reasonable explanation for this--besides the fact that Novocain's rather important to the plot at the moment--if need be.

Please, explain this to me. Because quite frankly I'm not amused by this at all. Where are you getting all these random teleporting mutants?

Plot or no, the explanation better be sound and logical.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

In response to Snelly. About the laser, Mkay well I didn't really know that buuuut. You sort of put him in a situation he can't have survived in by raising him high up into the air without my consent, Novocain could of blasted him or shot lighting at him before he was too high in the air so I think this is fair.