• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

X-Men: Discussion Topic

X-Men Marvel Superheroes

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#281 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 06:25 PM

Bah. I guess I like brutal realism in my RPs.

In reality, the Brotherhood would be so much radioactive dust.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#282 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,727 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 07:11 PM

Bah. I guess I like brutal realism in my RPs.

In reality, the Brotherhood would be so much radioactive dust.

Which doesn't take into account precog mutants who might have seen a traumatic event like their own death coming, teleporters who can just whisk the nukes away to a different location, mutants who might actually absorb heat or radioactivity to get stronger, anyone in the Brotherhood who might have magic-related powers who could do any number of things...

I've pointed this out to you before, but tactics you'd use on normal humans aren't nearly as effective on mutants

Also, I'd like to request right off the bat that the 'no NPC bashing' thing works both ways. I seem to recall other times that the very same people getting annoyed that NPCs were being taken down too easily were knocking Brotherhood NPCs about like skittles. Which does make it less seem like "stop god-modding" and more like "stop not letting my guys look awesome enough". So yeah, if Enforcer NPCs are to be treated as genuine threats by Brotherhood characters then Brotherhood NPCs should be treated as genuine threats by Enforcer characters. Fair is fair

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#283 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 07:34 PM

Of course. I was emphasizing the Enforcers because, historically, they have been the worst example of it. Enforcer Tower in particular comes to mind. 

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#284 Online Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 02-December 07
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 08:12 PM

Oops. Pretend this isn't here.

Edited by The Zytrix, Feb 26 2013 - 08:13 PM.

67tlbk.png

#285 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 08:12 PM

Zytrix, wrong topic

#286 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 15-July 12
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:35 PM

Enforcer Tower was a nice battle. The good old days.

MARVEL REBIRTH

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

Raiden Chi Ultimate Ash!

#287 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 07:04 PM

Bah. Just take the mutant gene or whatever it is, have some nice Russian scientists take a look at it and....unleash a special little brew into the wild.

Amazing the things those Russian scientists can do. :P

Edited by Basilisk, Feb 27 2013 - 07:04 PM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#288 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 07:21 PM

Brew? You mean breed?

#289 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 07:23 PM

Brew? You mean breed?

Sure. I wasn't suggesting biological weapons the likes of which would make Dr. Anthrax tremble. No sir.

Edited by Basilisk, Feb 27 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#290 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 15-July 12
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 04:33 PM

Brew+Breed= The Brood! Nooo not them.

MARVEL REBIRTH

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

Raiden Chi Ultimate Ash!

#291 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 05:49 PM

I don't know why, but the Brood always seemed like a Xenomorph ripoff to me...

#292 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Language of the Past

• 07-April 03
  • 8,139 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 07:08 PM

Sounds like the Zerg to me.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#293 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 02-April 07
  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 07:16 PM

Finally got his profile in. I presen to you... Victor Maximoff!
Spoiler

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Mar 01 2013 - 02:34 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#294 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 07:51 PM

And we have entered "grimdark" territory folks.

Mind the blood. It's quite slippery. And those pits go a long way down.

#295 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 07:59 PM

And we have entered "grimdark" territory folks.

Mind the blood. It's quite slippery. And those pits go a long way down.

:3

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#296 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:04 PM

I get the feeling Ric isn't dead...

#297 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:05 PM

People don't normally come back from their neck being snapped.

I'm pretty sure it's an insta-kill. Or close to it. 

#298 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:07 PM

Unless of course, both father and son happen to be wearing rings that bring them back from the dead.

Inheritance-related stuff. If I had one of those, I'd totally give one to my son. <=|

#299 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:07 PM

Naw, he's not dead. He's wearing his resurrection ring.

But that wasn't the point of the post: a father just snapped his own son's neck because of one possible instance of the Phoenix losing control. Even if it's not permanent, would you be kosher with that? 

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#300 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:08 PM

Considering what happened last time the Phoenix got out of control, I'd say just about anything is justified if one were trying to contain it.

If it's power was turned against humanity proper.....

Edited by Basilisk, Mar 01 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#301 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm fine with it.

I could think of worst things to do...

#302 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 09:44 PM

Simple solution to this problem.Get Ares to summon the Vishanti. Surely they will answer to the son of the Sorcerer Supreme.EDIT: Speaking of which, can we get our SHIELD agents active again? Surely they would have noticed that somebody decided to trash Las Vegsas while they were hacked. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Edited by Constructman, Mar 01 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#303 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 09:49 PM

Would they have noticed?Yeah. Do they have any way of doing anything about it while their systems are down? Not in the slightest. Feel free to do whatever you want to have your agents do, but bear in mind that SHIELD's capabilities are zilch right now. Even if Error managed to get control back of the carrier, and I can't remember if he did, their systems are still screwed up as it gets.

Posted Image

#304 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,249 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 10:16 PM

So, what can a random SHIELD agent in New York who was away for the Helicarrier thing do right now?

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#305 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 10:13 AM

Go and become a traffic cop? o-o

#306 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 10:34 AM

Take Futureman on a tour of New York 2012?

#307 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 04:49 PM

Would they have noticed?Yeah. Do they have any way of doing anything about it while their systems are down? Not in the slightest. Feel free to do whatever you want to have your agents do, but bear in mind that SHIELD's capabilities are zilch right now. Even if Error managed to get control back of the carrier, and I can't remember if he did, their systems are still screwed up as it gets.

...I don't know if I told you about this, but Tyler and I had a discussion a long time ago about "what would happen if Error had downloaded the virus into himself?"As far as I know, he's still cool with the idea.

#308 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 04:54 PM

Then the Helicarrier is in SHIELD's hands again, but the systems are still screwed up. They're not at full operational capacity, but they're better than they were.

Posted Image

#309 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 04:58 PM

Still trying to figure out who named the virus Gill Bates.

#310 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 05:01 PM

They had a well-defined sense of humor, that's for sure.

#311 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:01 PM

So I was doing some research on the Marvel Wiki and this question popped up.When I was reading on the Phoenix Force, it didn't quite strike me as malevolent. It only seemed to be concerned with the progress of life. The "Judgement of the Phoenix" wasn't evil in nature; it was simply concerned with "setting in flow what had become stagnant"-in other words, helping evolution along. So why did it kill all of the major Marvel characters? Was it that it was in its Dark Phoenix persona at the time? What is its motive now? And when will it return to full power?

#312 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:25 PM

The only answer:

Nuke it. Wipe it out. Nothing must interfere in the march of humanity!

Hail humanity! 

:P

#313 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:27 PM

That answer doesn't make sense with my question.

#314 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:29 PM

That answer doesn't make sense with my question.

Nonsense. That answer is correct for any question.  :P

#315 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:31 PM

Nukes don't solve why questions. Especially why history questions.

#316 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:41 PM

You're right construct.

N2 bombs is where it's at.

As for your question, the concept of the Phoenix (last time I checked), was to kill off anything in the universe that hasn't been working (AKA, humanity). It's tied into that somehow...

#317 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:44 PM

Humanity is working just fine. The universe is in error.

We will correct that error. With the glorious light of Oppenheimer. 

#318 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:47 PM

Adam's children disagrees with you Basilisk.

So... Pantheon still needs stuff to do. What does the Aliens have to do with anything? Is the remake of Battle L.A. going on in the RP? [color=#ffffff;](I really hope not since that was an awful remake.)[/color]

#319 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:48 PM

Is he loyal to humanity?

If Y: Clearly he is incorrect. Mental treatment needed.

If N: He is an agent of the Xeno and the Mutant. Execute him.

Humanity invictus!

:P

#320 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 02-January 12
  • 4,384 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 02:50 PM

Imperial dog. If it doesn't look human, you kill it. Even if it is a 99.88% match with humans.

The angels were here before the Lilin.

;-;

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users