X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Hey now. Cyborgs are a-okay with me. Glorious Cybernetic Storm Troopers will spread the gospel of humanity to the deepest void!

We talking anime Angels or the other kind?

Only real difference between the responses for them is the amount of firepower needed.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well aware of them.

Correction: Conventional weapons don't work on them when deployed in insufficent numbers. The glorious legions of Humanity Supreme will crush them as they did the Mutants and the Xenos. Glory to humanity!

....Might I humbly suggest we take this to PM? This is really losing any connection to X-Men it once had. :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

<Saruman voice>Puny humans, talking about "rights" and all that. Don't you know that you are just dust? Your "rights" are non-existent, they are a fabrication of your mind. Your individual lives count for nothing, not even your species cojnts for anything. You all are just dust...</end Saruman voice>Stay tuned...

No, not really. No matter what the threat, everyone should be free.

So freedom includes the freedom to threaten the freedom and lives of the vast majority?

That is no freedom at all.

Edited by Basilisk

Yes it is. It's true freedom, where life progresses on your own skill and cunning.

Evolution at its finest.

Ah yes. Evolution. The blind and deaf guide our species followed for much of it's path. I for one, feel that it is no longer sufficent. Nature is cruel and callous, as is the universe. It is up to us, as humans and thinking beings, to be it's moral superiors.

And that includes taking the actions needed to defend our species. The strong must protect the weak, never threaten them. The gun has done much to equalize the playing field. To make the common man the equal of those who would rule him. Mutant powers could upset that balance.

And I for one refuse to bow to a new Mutant Caesar.

Morals? What are morals? Morals were created bythe weak to protect them from the strong. No, we, the strong, are the predators; it is they who are they prey. We are the hunters; they are the hunted. We reject all sense of morality, we-*shot*/end Cosimano rant *sound of shotgun pumping*

Haha, I love how we've completely changed our viewpoints.

There is nothing that anyone can do to permanently stop progress.

Life will always find a way.

Well, I don't advocate the eliminate of mutants for the evil of it. I advocate it to protect humanity. I'd prefer a cure to out and out war, but many Mutants wouldn't submit to that. Leaving freedom's old friend, the gun, to pick up the slack.

Technology can and must replace evolution. Evolution moves forward using the blood of the weak as a lubricant. Technology moves forward with the brilliance of humanity backing it. Technology enables us to hold onto higher morals, higher standards of living. We were cold, we made fire. Raiders preyed on us. We made spears to defend ourselves with. Every time humanity has come across a problem, we have invented something to overcome it.

Evolution is just another problem. No longer should we bow to natures will, rather, we should use our technology to impose our will on nature.

Edited by Basilisk

And in doing so, you destroy the web of life. Know your place, mammal! You are just anOOCHey! Who's jacking my keyboard?!IC Future characterI didn't "jack" your keyboard; I simply exercised my right as a superior being to cross the fourth wall, grab it out of your hands, and preach my gospel of nihilism to these mortals.OOC Well, I don't care. GET BACK IN THE RPG!!!IC Future characterHa ha ha, this won't be the last of me. *retreats to the nebula of character creation*

Construct... What?

Back on topic... You can't truly control nature. You can only stop it for a time. The destruction of one planet won't even make the infinite number of others stop spinning for one second. The universe will keep moving on. If a good number of powerful beings had their way (The Phoenix force, for example), Humanity would be gone.

You can't truly control fate.

Fate is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about failing. :P

As for the fact Earth is only a single planet....well, the march of a thousand miles starts with a single step. The Phoenix Force is a small problem. You have to put with them at the start of any game. By the end of it though, you can sweep them aside. A single rook, however strong, cannot stand against ten pawns.

EDIT: Related to in topic morality vis-a-vis elminating the mutants. Helps flesh out each side's viewpoint and make them less of a strawman.

Edited by Basilisk

The Phoenix is a circle. A circle put in place by the universe. The destruction of it results in it's immediate re-birth in the red-hot-room.

The mightiest of giants can be felled by a small boy with a stick, cloth, and a small stone. Humanity is no exception. Eventually, through natural disasters, mutants, extraterrestrial life, supernovas, war, whatever.

Humanity will go extinct.

It is the same fate ever species, ever individual ever created shares. Sure, two identical people in personality, memories, and from the same place may start off the same. Everyone and everything does.

But getting from point A to point B isn't the same every time.

"The only destiny that everyone shares… is death."

Asgardians are not taxed.The Phoenix is one of the cosmic forces. It is eternal; it will live even when the universe dies. It represents all the psionic energy that was, is, and ever will be. It indirectly created Galactus. It is a part of the Omniverse itself, born in the void between space and time. And like Auron said, it will be reborn in the WHITE Hot Room.

The Phoenix is a circle. A circle put in place by the universe. The destruction of it results in it's immediate re-birth in the red-hot-room.

The mightiest of giants can be felled by a small boy with a stick, cloth, and a small stone. Humanity is no exception. Eventually, through natural disasters, mutants, extraterrestrial life, supernovas, war, whatever.

Humanity will go extinct.

It is the same fate ever species, ever individual ever created shares. Sure, two identical people in personality, memories, and from the same place may start off the same. Everyone and everything does.

But getting from point A to point B isn't the same every time.

"The only destiny that everyone shares… is death."

Death is another small problem. The universe, left alone, will die. But we can do something it can't. Think.

Blindly accepting death is a mistake, and a foolish one. Technology has already extended our lifespans and it will continue to do so. Cyborgs. Mind uploading. The future holds all of these and more. Humanity will leave this world. It will survive. Heck, in this universe, the two technologies I listed already exist to some extent. We know FTL is possible in this universe. We're already better off then we are in RL.

Accept death if you will, I intend to outsit eternity or face down the heat death with the full might of humanity behind me. If we cannot save this universe, we shall simply find a new one.

Humans are egocentric. They think, if left unattended, everything will die without them.

Becoming one with technology isn't exactly a good thing. Not as if there hasn't been a whole load of videogames, movies, and books written about the topic. People who become more machine than a man will loose touch with what makes them human.

And that's a bad thing. Developing space travel and all of that snchnazz isn't really that 'evil' or anything like that. But trying to get rid of what makes you human? That's trying to say that you're a god.

No one can play god and get away clean.

Humans are egocentric. They think, if left unattended, everything will die without them.

Becoming one with technology isn't exactly a good thing. Not as if there hasn't been a whole load of videogames, movies, and books written about the topic. People who become more machine than a man will loose touch with what makes them human.

And that's a bad thing. Developing space travel and all of that snchnazz isn't really that 'evil' or anything like that. But trying to get rid of what makes you human? That's trying to say that you're a god.

No one can play god and get away clean.

Death isn't a preferable alternative. I'll take life thankyouverymuch.

Evolution is callous and cruel and blind. It produced us and we, on occasion, are only the first two....and only then on our bad days. We can think and innovate. We can replace evolution and death with something new and better. The Mutants would bring back the old way, the way of the strong ruling the weak. They might not intend it or even want it, but it will happen if they persist.

Playing god? Sounds good to me.

Edited by Basilisk

Join the Humanity Front today!

The Humanity Front:

Law. Order. Community.

Will YOU let Mutants threaten your loved ones?

No? Then join today!

Random Turian from the Citadel:

All you humans are racist!

Haha. XD just relying on self-interest. Maximum happiness for a maximum number of people. And in that interest, it is vital for the societal order to be preserved. The fantastic powers of mutants undermine the truisms of humanity and upset the social order which preserves us all.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

So I was doing some research on the Marvel Wiki and this question popped up.When I was reading on the Phoenix Force, it didn't quite strike me as malevolent. It only seemed to be concerned with the progress of life. The "Judgement of the Phoenix" wasn't evil in nature; it was simply concerned with "setting in flow what had become stagnant"-in other words, helping evolution along. So why did it kill all of the major Marvel characters? Was it that it was in its Dark Phoenix persona at the time? What is its motive now? And when will it return to full power?

Yes, it was the Dark Phoenix that killed them. Currently the Phoenix is not in its dark persona, but that can change.

The death of Jeremy was an accident the Phoenix was lashing out at an assassin who had almost killed someone Ash loved. It doesn't really have any current plans other then reforming itself, since currently is is fractured and split.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius