Elements Project: 1 Hydrogen

I had an amazing idea to make a character for every element. The characters would represent what the element is like. Everything has to start somewhere, so without further adieu, I present Hydrogen! http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ToaMoodude/Elements/Hydrogen/dscf0023.jpg (<-Pose) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ToaMoodude/Elements/Hydrogen/dscf0024.jpg (<-Front) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ToaMoodude/Elements/Hydrogen/dscf0025.jpg (<-Pose) Well, thats all there is to show, really. I'll be back in a couple of days with helium! Toa Moo

toanuvapohatu.png

This topic caught my eye because I can appreciate any MOcist who attempts a large project like this. Let me warn you, though, committing to this kind of thing is hard--trust me, I know from personal experience (the Guardian Project). Still, I'm interested to see where this goes. On to the MOC. I think the colors could be a little better balanced--the upper body is all trans-lime and the lower is solid lime. If you mixed it up a bit, that'd help. I appreciate the simple construction, but beefing it up a little wouldn't hurt either, especially on the upper arms. Other than that, the layering is nicely managed, and the bell-bottomed limbs look good (I'm a sucker for that particular aesthetic). One thing, though--I'd have found another piece to use for the lower legs, or made my own, instead of directly copying the HF design. Another thing: I agree with the previous person who posted here--I don't picture hydrogen as green. I think of it as more of a blue or white, but I suppose that it's up to you what colors you use. Also; you say that the MOC will represent "what the element is like", but you didn't say how you're doing that. Would you mind explaining? I'm interested to know. =] Well, this MOC isn't anything really exceptional on its own, but keep going with this project; I can't wait to see how it progresses! -Thylon

This topic caught my eye because I can appreciate any MOcist who attempts a large project like this. Let me warn you, though, committing to this kind of thing is hard--trust me, I know from personal experience (the Guardian Project). Still, I'm interested to see where this goes. On to the MOC. I think the colors could be a little better balanced--the upper body is all trans-lime and the lower is solid lime. If you mixed it up a bit, that'd help. I appreciate the simple construction, but beefing it up a little wouldn't hurt either, especially on the upper arms. Other than that, the layering is nicely managed, and the bell-bottomed limbs look good (I'm a sucker for that particular aesthetic). One thing, though--I'd have found another piece to use for the lower legs, or made my own, instead of directly copying the HF design. Another thing: I agree with the previous person who posted here--I don't picture hydrogen as green. I think of it as more of a blue or white, but I suppose that it's up to you what colors you use. Also; you say that the MOC will represent "what the element is like", but you didn't say how you're doing that. Would you mind explaining? I'm interested to know. =] Well, this MOC isn't anything really exceptional on its own, but keep going with this project; I can't wait to see how it progresses! -Thylon

When I say that, I mean its physical traits and properties, also whether it's volatile and dangerous. I was trying to portray the fact that it's supposed to be relatively simple, but still have a somewhat dangerous creature look. One more thing: I won't do revisions or anything like that. Sorry, but that would be too much of a pain. Anyways, helium will be up sometime around Wednesday.
toanuvapohatu.png

When I say that, I mean its physical traits and properties, also whether it's volatile and dangerous. I was trying to portray the fact that it's supposed to be relatively simple, but still have a somewhat dangerous creature look. One more thing: I won't do revisions or anything like that. Sorry, but that would be too much of a pain. Anyways, helium will be up sometime around Wednesday.
I completely understand what you said about revisions--I hardly ever do them either. However, some of the things I critique you on could help you when building future MOCs. wink.gif

Is each MOC going to be bigger than the last, and will it be possible to put them into 8 groups of similar styles? :P As for this MOC, the colour scheme is an interesting choice. The use of multiple '08 and Glatorian heads is pretty original, but the legs seem to contrast the colours too much. Not much to say on the build as it's quite simple.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Is each MOC going to be bigger than the last, and will it be possible to put them into 8 groups of similar styles? :P As for this MOC, the colour scheme is an interesting choice. The use of multiple '08 and Glatorian heads is pretty original, but the legs seem to contrast the colours too much. Not much to say on the build as it's quite simple.

The MOCs won't necissarily be bigger than the last, they will just have a more complicated build. A lot of them will get bigger though. That's a great idea, too: to build them somewhat similar so they can be grouped. Helium will be up tomorrow.
toanuvapohatu.png

He's really cute! I would have thought that Hydrogen would have been either white or clear, but I know clear Bionicle pieces are very hard to come by. But you made a really cute character! Good luck with all 118 (discovered/created so far)! I hope you have enough pieces!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------