What is everyone's problem with "Coz thats what friends do&#34

CeeCee

Given how upset Matau was, Nokama's and Whenua's lines seemed like they were mainly trying to calm him down. Reassurances that they were still a team and would undo their mutations.

It could've been phrased differently, but I don't think it was so horrible.

As for it being OOC for Whenua, having Nuju or Onewa say it would've been even worse. Onewa was snarky and Nuju was logical, whereas Whenua had more wisdom. It couldn't have been Matau, Nokama, or Vakama, and giving it to Nokama would've meant she was the only one talking (and I feel like the two statements wouldn't have fit well coming from the same person).

OpAXNpl.jpg

It seemed no more cheesy than the other cheesy lines, but of course all the cheesy lines were terrible.

Then again, if you read the books, then look at the movies, the movies are what happens when you pour barrels of sugar over the actual canon.

And according to Greg, the books are watered-down from the original intentions as well.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I'd never have noticed it if it didn't show up in every "Worst Line in BIONICLE" topic. ~{QQQQ}

I'll bet the only reason many people remember it as the worst line in BIONICLE is that it was drilled into our brains by the Web of Shadows trailers. There were other bad or out-of-place lines in the BIONICLE movies, but this one is one of the most well-remembered for it.