I have no idea if this is the right topic for this forum since I noticed many new forums here in BZPower now...

Well, my question is, did you guys notice a little inconsistency between the homepage and the forums itself? It has been bothering me ever since the forums went online again back in 2011 or somewhere around then... So, how come the color schemes and style of the Forums and Homepage are different from each other? Just kinda curious, because in web design consistency is key.

So, does this difference between the forums and homepage bother you guys also?

Lehvorak

Edited by Grandmaster Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

It's a bit dated, but I honestly don't mind. I just wish the Hot Topics list and Premier Member list worked. With all the things Invision has been screwing up lately when BZP gets upgraded, I can't shake the feeling that an IP-based front page would not only be generic, but also not work. I wouldn't mind a few tweaks, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
We're well aware of the discrepancy in design between the front page and the forums. That's because our forum style is from 2012 and the front page hasn't had a major redesign since 2004. :P
Nate's pretty much got it right. As you can see in the Tracker, there's a lot of things to be fixed or that we'd like to change. Alterations to the front page are hopefully something you'll see sometime this year.

It's a bit dated, but I honestly don't mind. I just wish the Hot Topics list and Premier Member list worked.
I wasn't on BZPower when they had the Hot Topics list but I would like to see it instead of getting a message saying that this does not exist/you are not allowed to view it. And if the Premier Members list was on, then at least 45% of all the active members would be on there, just saying.

Could I make a suggestion about front page design? What if BZP held a contest for best front page design and then put the entries in the polls so that all the BZP-ers could decide which one they like best? Then the winner could have that design put on the front page.

That would probably not be the best idea. What if none of the entries were any good? If the winning design wasn't good enough, BZPower would still be obligated to use it. Such a contest might work for a site which frequently changes its front page, or a site with a massive enough userbase to guarantee quality, but in BZPower's case I think this would be more successful if done behind the scenes, on a looser timeframe.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother