BIONICLE MAFIA II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Xaeraz

I think for future scenes two days is enough for voting - giving unlimited time (or honestly anything more than two days) brings about a lull in game activity, and as shown by the previous several mafia games, those lulls are dangerous.

Also, quick advice: if you didn't plan from the beginning to introduce these special roles, don't run the risk.

-ibrow

If we're sharing roles, I must admit a particular weakness for one I learned from the version of this game called Werewolves. The hunter is a perfectly normal villager, except for when they're killed. Once killed, they get a parting shot with their rifle-a single kill of anyone they pick.

Some nice random murder, yeah?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

@Krelsin:

Did you read the first post?

You are not allowed to reveal any roles. Revealing roles will result in you getting thrown into the lava. You are not allowed to say "I didn't get a pm" in the topic, because then I'll have to redistribute roles. You are not allowed to break the rules and get caught in the process.

This means the detective cannot reveal himself. This is why we have ignored your post. I think it would be a rather boring game if the detective just revealed himself and told everyone who everyone was, then was healed indefinitely until the healer dies. (which can be until the end of the game if lucky)

However, it should be clarified whether it applies to just the topic or to PMs between people too. I assume it applies to all things mafia-related.

Revealing =/= claiming.

Cheating is if the detective gave everyone a screenshot of his PM giving him the role.

Claiming you are detective is not cheating, because no one knows if you're actually telling the truth. If it were cheating, then the detective would be pretty much useless, because late game, he couldn't even tell anyone his reports, and can only hint that he wants people lynched, and then you have to consider whether this "softclaiming" is cheating.

So, you ask, why did I suggest my plan if anyone can claim detective?

Because I was trying to be subtle, and counting on the fact that traitors wouldn't even think to counter claim.

So, if both sides are decent at mafia, how the game should go, is that detective claims, a traitor also claims detective, and they reveal when they have a guilty, not an innocent (because then traitors can just kill innocents), and reveal all their reports at lylo (lynch or lose).

If both detective claims say someone is innocent, you get a confirmed innocent.

And so thus, the game isn't boring if detective claims, it's completely fair, and it isn't cheating. There can be cases where the traitors choose to kill the detective, making their detective claim get lynched, leaving town to rely on the doctor and saves, and that's pretty interesting.

A lot of Mafia revolves around roleclaiming. It's a game of lying and deception. There would be no deception if everyone just voted on no basis.

Edit:

I didn't see Tavahka's post, which confirmed what I was saying.

Edited by Krelsin

Insert fancy signature here.

There are two kinds of people in BZP mafia games. Those who are in it to win, and those who are in it to screw around, hang people, and have PHUN.

I'm definitely type PHUN. Why else would I accuse myself?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Dang, I can't believe this is still going on, too bad I missed the first part. But I will definately be joining on the next one!-Missing In Action.

missing_in_action_banner.png
Credit for avatar goes to Zeddy and banner credit goes to Nuparurocks!
Formally known as F/A-22 Raptor!
"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't."

Voting is closed! Scene will be up shortly. @constructman I am sure he means we tend to be a bloodthirsty mob without much unity or even sense. I could be wrong though. =P Day One Constructman was led to the end of the plank the Le-Matoran had hastily built earlier that day. He resisted every step of the way, pleading his case. He had an alibi, after all. However, before long he had arrived. He was brought to the end of the plank, and the Turaga looked at him with a cold glare. He asked if Constructman had anything to say. Constuctman just turned away and yelled at the top of his lungs as fell towards the afterlife. Villager lynched. Mafia, Medic, and Captain of the Gukko, shoot me your PM’s. I am going to shorten the time from three days to two. Hopefully that keeps things moving fairly fast.

Edited by -Windrider-

hey Zakaro, when you make your mafia game please give us a regular suspect list. sure, baseless accusations are PHUN, but you can make baseless accusations whether there's an actual suspect list or not. the whole "people who could be accounted for" thing doesn't really help anything, because the people who were accounted for could apparently still be mafians they just weren't the killer so it really isn't different than not having any list at all.

overlordsukapon.png

Zakaro, you better put decent roles in your mafia. :P You won't need a suspect list because the roles will give you solid clues to work with.

We just lynched an innocent. Moral? Get the detective to claim. We need evidence to work with, not baseless accusations.

Edited by Krelsin

Speaking of people who get killed off fast, I'm pretty surprised you've managed to last one round, Lloyd. If I was mafia, I'd have you whacked right away.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I'm surprised, too. I suppose they've realized that I'm less of a threat alive (and my villager-ness in doubt) than dead (and my villager-ness confirmed). I have used my death as a rallying point for important roles to trust me many times, after all.

:w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Personally, man, I would still view you as a tactical threat even if you had been crushed into a pulp, lit on fire, and had your ashes cast into a black hole. Assuming we were enemies, of course.

Edited by Sufficiently Lethal Xaeraz

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Detective claims--> Detective gets dead. That's kinda the way it works here. After all, why contest his claim (which he can validate) when you can stop him from ever investigating again? :w:
I'm not sure you understand. If detective claims, doctor can just heal him, which means he doesn't die. This is why traitors must also claim detective, otherwise it is an easy win for the town.There is no "the way it works here", there is universal logic that applies even here.

There is no "the way it works here", there is universal logic that applies even here.

... I would not be so sure about that ^_^ Also, I think this:

Detective claims--> Detective gets dead.

Is really what would happen around here. Not that I know that much about BZPower mafia, but somehow... it seems to be "Bloodlust before strategy" for at least the Type 2 players ^^"

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Krelsin--I've been playing these games for years, and I've played Mafia elsewhere online. Trust me, this is a whole different beast. The simple existence of Type 2 players changes the dynamic dramatically.

EDIT: Also historically the Medic tends to make a poor showing. No one relies on them to actually do the job right.

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Krelsin: You're assuming the Doctor is competent enough to do that. =P Sure; there's been some good Doctors around in the previous games, but... I think everyone has to admit, the Doctors have a very bad track record with saving people, myself included. =P

Really, man. We ain't working with Mayo Clinic surgeons here. It's more like Civil War era medicine, except the guy giving it is also blind and missing a hand.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Here, let me give you an example if how this game works differently. I've seen people elsewhere double, triple, and quadruple analyze people's posts, looking for subtle guides toward a hasty lynch, or double fake outs, or so on and so forth. They'll say "this person is urging people to get to a hasty lynching with as many bodies as possible. Clearly they are a Mafian!"As Xaeraz can tell you, around here even normal villagers just want blood.

Here, let me give you an example if how this game works differently. I've seen people elsewhere double, triple, and quadruple analyze people's posts, looking for subtle guides toward a hasty lynch, or double fake outs, or so on and so forth. They'll say "this person is urging people to get to a hasty lynching with as many bodies as possible. Clearly they are a Mafian!"As Xaeraz can tell you, around here even normal villagers just want blood.

If you didn't know, BZP Mafia's anthem is "Blood," by My Chemical Romance.

"So give me blood, blood!/Gallons of the stuff!"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Ah, I see what you guys mean, but it just sounds like the situation is dealing with inexperienced or not serious players.

In that case, there's nothing you can really do, it just comes down to chance or pure scumhunting, which is kind of lame. If you can't rely on the doctor, then doctor may as well be like a villager. And if you can't rely on the detective, he's pretty much a villager too.

Which means we have nothing to go from except looking at rushing, appealing to emotion etc., which are more unreliable than solid evidence.

But, honestly, the best thing you can do is try to explain stuff to everyone. Even the not serious players wouldn't mind winning, and the inexperienced just need to be told a bit more.

Since we're probably going to lose because of dodgy townies anyway, then we might as well try and play strategically, and nothing is lost.

I mean surely if everyone was shouting "DOCTOR HEAL THE DETECTIVE" he'd get the point and succumb to peer pressure right? Right!?