• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

BZPower and LUGs

BZP LUG BZPower

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Please read the topic before responding to this poll

Are you a member of any LUGs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you consider joining a LUG associated with BZPower?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How much would you pay to join a BZPower LUG? (Read the topic for possible perks.)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 07:48 PM

BZPower is an online community. For many years though, BZPower has been involved in large LEGO fan conventions such as BrickFair. Having a physical representation such as that makes us similar in many ways to a LEGO User Group (or LUG). We discuss all things LEGO, collaborate at events, have contests, etc. We just do a lot of it online. So why not make it official?I'm here to find out if you're interested in participating in such a group. To understand what we're talking about, read the questions below.Why are you deciding to do this all of the sudden?One of the perks of events such as BrickFair in the past has been discounts on products at LEGO stores. Starting this year, LEGO is no longer offering such discounts but is starting a new discount program for LUGs. Online communities are not included in this. Creating a BZPower LUG would allow members who previously enjoyed such discounts as well as members who were never able to participate to get some good deals on LEGO.What are the perks of being part of a LUG?From the official LEGO support perspective, you would be able to get 15% off at LEGO Brand Retail stores four days a year (as defined by LEGO). The LUG would also be able to receive free sets from LEGO that could be used in giveaways or as prizes in contests. There's additional support available, but I think those are the two big things.From the BZP side, we are still in the early planning stages. One idea so far is a custom-engraved brick for the LUG, but we'll see how things go.What do I have to do to join?We're still working on those details as well, but wanted to gauge interest from you guys. There will definitely be restrictions on entry, such as attending or sending MOCs to at least one fan convention a year. There may also be an annual fee to cover the costs of shipping perks and the sticker required to obtain the 15% discount. Once we hear from you guys, we'll have a better understanding of the limits and fees involved.Please give us your feedback so we know how to best move forward with this idea. Thanks!

#2 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 11:05 PM

I should have never nulled my vote.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,617 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 25 2013 - 11:15 PM

While the opportunity to join a BZP LUG would be a great idea, I honestly think I'll probably join SEALUG first, just because it's a bigger group and any perks here wouldn't necessarily extend to BrickCon, I don't think. Even if it did, again I'd probably go through SEALUG.However, I support the idea of starting one for us BZP users, if only to help send a message to the AFOLs that we're still a large community, even if our first product is long gone.

MinewellSig.jpg

#4 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,276 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:10 AM

1. I really don't have any interest in joining a LUG. I don't buy Lego sets anymore, so I don't think it would be helpful to me.

2. If BZP was associated with one though, I might consider joining depending on what perks were included in it besides the 15% off sets at Lego stores and free sets.

3. As of right now, I probably wouldn't spend any money to join a LUG.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#5 Offline Tomaku

Tomaku
  • Members
  • Toa

• 124 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 04:24 AM

Will LEGO give the LUG real LEGO sets such as Bionicle and Adventures or only fake sets like Hero Factory and Ninjago?

#6 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,306 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 04:42 AM

Will LEGO give the LUG real LEGO sets such as Bionicle and Adventures or only fake sets like Hero Factory and Ninjago?
I suppose lego can only give us sets which are still in production, and, what's wrong with Ninjago?

I'm back!

#7 Offline Xykros

Xykros
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 11 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 07:45 AM

I would love to join a BZP LUG!

#8 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 08:15 AM

I suppose lego can only give us sets which are still in production, and, what's wrong with Ninjago? 

The sets LEGO would give us would be new sets currently in production. They would be very real.

#9 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,326 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 08:52 AM

What is this I don't even.Anyway, I voted, "No, but I'm interested in joining one", "Yes", and "$5-$10". Though to be honest, I might pay more or less depending on what sort of community is being offered. A BZPower LUG might not be as enticing as a more regional LUG if we only ever meet at Brickfair, but then again I've never been able to find a regional LUG that I felt able to devote the time to or attend meetings with regularly.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 09:37 AM

Without a driver's license (yet), it would be hard for me to go to meetings or anything- and it would be really difficult to let all the people who want to participate do so, since, after all, we're all over the world.  If the LUG wasn't regular-meeting dependent, though, I would love to join.  If sending a MOC into a convention is all that's required it would be fantastic.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#11 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,306 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'd love to join and pay 5$ for it, only I hope this gets organisised online due me living in Belgium

I'm back!

#12 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'd definitely join a BZPower LUG, but it depends on how I'd have to pay (assuming we do have to pay).

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#13 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 11:46 AM

Without a driver's license (yet), it would be hard for me to go to meetings or anything- and it would be really difficult to let all the people who want to participate do so, since, after all, we're all over the world.  If the LUG wasn't regular-meeting dependent, though, I would love to join.  If sending a MOC into a convention is all that's required it would be fantastic.
We would probably not be having in person meetings, except at large conventions. Maybe there would be smaller get-togethers of local members, if they were so inclined, but it would not be mandatory.

#14 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Ball Pit Overlord

• 1,490 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 01:31 PM

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

But my LUG is kind of blah, so hopefully our LUG would be better. Would we maybe be able to get on some bulk LUG action?

Edited by Nukaya, Jan 26 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

Posted Image

--> Newest MOCs: Boston Marathon & Easter Bunny <--

Posted Image "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty Posted Image

#15 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders
  • Senior Master Photographer

• 5,286 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 01:39 PM

In a LUG that's kind of lame, would love to be in a BZP lug, and would pay more than 10. It'd be great to see BZP recognized in such a manner.

spidermiles.jpg

#16 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,213 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 01:58 PM

There are certain requirements a LUG needs to meet to participate in LUGBulk. Between that and the organizational nightmare, it probably wouldn't be something we'd do for a while.

#17 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'd definitely join a BZPower LUG, but it depends on how I'd have to pay (assuming we do have to pay).

Following up on this. I would definitely pay, but would it be through the BZPower store feature? Also I think it would be really cool if we got an icon under the proto bar, year spinny, and rank mask icons saying we're a member of the BZPower LUG.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#18 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Ball Pit Overlord

• 1,490 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 04:42 PM

There are certain requirements a LUG needs to meet to participate in LUGBulk. Between that and the organizational nightmare, it probably wouldn't be something we'd do for a while.

Boo. But understandable. Apparently it's difficult to organize the LUGBulk for local LUGs, and that's with everyone in a similar city, let alone potentially multiple countries.

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

Posted Image

--> Newest MOCs: Boston Marathon & Easter Bunny <--

Posted Image "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty Posted Image

#19 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 05:48 PM

I think LUGbulk would be the biggest possible advantage of a LUG to me.  I'd still join without it, and it would be a year (it is a year, right?) before BZPlug could participate anyways.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#20 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,575 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 08:13 PM

No but am interested in joining a LUG, yes, more than ten dollars. I think this would be a great idea. :D~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#21 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,359 posts

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 04:58 PM

1. No but I want to join a LUG

2. Yes I would love to have a BZP LUG

3. $10+ so long as I had that money to spare

#22 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,113 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:21 AM

1: No, but I'm interested in joining a LUG. I've actually considered finding one in the Boston area (where I go to college), but my options are slightly limited by my lack of a driver's license.

2: Yes, seeing as an online-based LUG would be easier for me to manage due to the aforementioned reason.

3: More than $10; however, how much I'm willing to pay is partly dependent on how billing is done. I would be totally willing to pay whatever it takes if it's a one-time fee, but if it's an annual fee $10 might be the most I'd be willing to spend per year. Much more than that and it'd start to negate the value of the perks of membership.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#23 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 06:16 PM

Okay 

1. Does BZP count? If not then no, cause I haven't seen one here in San Antonio

2. Um...Yes. Who wouldn't

3. I rather go for free, than pay a dime for joining.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users