• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Black Samurai

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_steambortwillie_*

Guest_steambortwillie_*
  • Guests

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:34 AM

Posted Image

First time trying to photograph of something mostly black, so the pictures didn't come out as good as I wanted then to.

Moar Pics

MOCpages

Brickshelf

#2 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,282 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 02:55 AM

oh wow. i mean simply wow. definitly has the look of a evil or dark samurai. the head is truly unique and looks like a definite samurai helmet. love the way u even made that like thing that goes around the waist. the only thing i see as a problem is the word it just seems kinda of outa of place

overall 

9/10

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#3 Offline Zaxvo

Zaxvo
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 11:39 PM

Wow. You've captured the look of samurai armor excellently. The Onua mask smack in the middle of his chest works wonders, and the rest of the armor, just the way it hangs, calls to mind classic bamboo armor of the samurai. Out of curiosity, did you do this just by memory, or did you google images of Samurai armor?I really love the construction on the arms, those look great. My only gripe is that I wish you could have found a way to incorporate a tad more silver into the build, but other than that, you've built an excellent recreation of the legendary samurai. Now onto the mythical ninja? :P

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nice MOC! It reminds me of Lord Garmadon in Ninjago. I love the unique build. It was done very well. Also it does look like a samurai, so you did a good job there too.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#5 Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*

Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 08:55 AM

You made it look like a real samurai, with the helmet and all. I wondered how you managed to attach all that armor. One question, though. What/who is that MOC in MOCpages next to this one, with the Avohkii? I think you should display it Lon BZPower, it looks cool.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users