Mata Head Crystals D:

Guest CyrusBlue

Guest CyrusBlue

I remember back when I got my first bionicle set, Toa Lewa. It was a lot of fun building him for the first time, yet something irked me since that day. Head crystals. Has anyone figured out how to remove them from toa-mata heads? (Preferrably without having to break the head piece in any way >_>) It just seemed a bit disappointing having them stuck in there for good, not to mention after a friend visited, he got a crystal stuck in one of my nui-rama head pieces. Do I need tools of sorts? Or just a lot of force?

I never figured out how those little pieces could not be pulled free. my mom did it once. once and then it wouldn't come out. I haven't had any success with pulling those dang little things out.

They were a pain. If you look on some video sites, there are many contraption(ironicaly built with technic parts, that can get it off. Although be careful of doing it more than a few times, as you will ruin both pieces. once or twice is fine though

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

There are several ways. Complicated contraptions can hurt your fingers more than your parts, so what I like to do is the method where you stick a long axle into the brain and try to wedge it out with a 1xN brick. After a lot of fiddling and some help from a flat-head screwdriver, it might just come loose.

aouROFb.png

This uh... this looks like it'd snap the "eye" parts of the crystal at some point or another e_e Provided you don't snap the rods first.

I've used this before, and it's safe. It's best to push it into a bed or something, because it takes some of the pressure off of your hands.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I tried doing it once with a tiny screwdriver and some force…didn't work and almost bent the metal.

okay, theory proven. the old old bionicle sets can metal bend. but WOW.....how thick was the metal?

I've done that so many times I can just pull Gali's eyes out off her head on the set. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I've done this before and it has worked. I don't recommend repeatedly doing it though, since it can wear out the parts.

I tried doing it once with a tiny screwdriver and some force…didn't work and almost bent the metal.

okay, theory proven. the old old bionicle sets can metal bend. but WOW.....how thick was the metal?

It was most likely aluminum. I can bend a screwdriver with my hands... Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...