VON NEBULA vs. BLACK PHANTOM

ToaJaller77

Ever since the trailers for the Brain Attack Webisode/ TV Episode arrived, A mystery character has been responsible for the brains' arrival. Many people believe it is Black Phantom Because of his arm. Others (Like Me) Think it is an upgraded Von Nebula. So WHAT DO YOU THINK?

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

I'm just going to say it was somebody we've never seen (or heard of) before.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Surge. Surge will turn evil at the end of BA, mark my words.
I think everyone reads too much into the whole "Surge is worried he has a flaw" story thread. Not only because there's no indication it was meant to be foreshadowing him turning evil (the fact that he's even WORRIED about such a thing is a pretty strong indication that he has stronger moral fiber than he thinks), but furthermore because that plot thread was addressed and pretty soundly wrapped up in The Doom Box.Von Nebula might make the most sense, but all in all there's no reason to even assume it's a character we already know. I'd rather just wait and watch the episode than start throwing theories around at this stage of the game.One thing's for sure: I highly doubt it's Stringer or Thresher. Both characters are already established as heroes, and with what little character development Hero Factory has given either of them, there's simply no way a 180-degree turnaround would be possible without seeming completely arbitrary.

I think everyone reads too much into the whole "Surge is worried he has a flaw" story thread. Not only because there's no indication it was meant to be foreshadowing him turning evil (the fact that he's even WORRIED about such a thing is a pretty strong indication that he has stronger moral fiber than he thinks), but furthermore because that plot thread was addressed and pretty soundly wrapped up in The Doom Box.Von Nebula might make the most sense, but all in all there's no reason to even assume it's a character we already know. I'd rather just wait and watch the episode than start throwing theories around at this stage of the game.One thing's for sure: I highly doubt it's Stringer or Thresher. Both characters are already established as heroes, and with what little character development Hero Factory has given either of them, there's simply no way a 180-degree turnaround would be possible without seeming completely arbitrary.

Ofcourse I was joking. Although I think it would make for an awesome plot twist. I cant see them doing it, but then again, I wouldnt of in the early years of Bionicle, yet I could in the later years. Maybe HF will do the same.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Guest sinewav

I'm voting (and hoping) it's Von Nebula. To this day he is one of my favorite HF builds and in my opinion one of the most complex by far and it would be great if he could have more screen time than the rather limited amount in HF season 1.

Well about that......He gets Brain Attacked. Breez saves him, But still

Edited by Makaru
Brain Attack Spoiler Spoiler'd

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's clearly Makuta Teridax. Hey, dead BIONICLE characters gotta go somewhere, right? Hero Factory seems like a good infernal region...

I jest.

I say Nebula, not having seen any of the recent tv shows.

Wouldn't that be bizarre if it turned out that was actually true? (Though I think Teridax would do something more straightforward like send in a bunch of Rahkshi or absorb everybody or whatever.)

Anyway, I haven't seen the TV show recently, so I'm not really one to say, but if I had I would have said Von Nebula.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

It's clearly Makuta Teridax. Hey, dead BIONICLE characters gotta go somewhere, right? Hero Factory seems like a good infernal region...

I jest.

I say Nebula, not having seen any of the recent tv shows.

Wouldn't that be bizarre if it turned out that was actually true? (Though I think Teridax would do something more straightforward like send in a bunch of Rahkshi or absorb everybody or whatever.)

Anyway, I haven't seen the TV show recently, so I'm not really one to say, but if I had I would have said Von Nebula.

Straight forward? He's the plans within plans guy. Though Teridax probably wouldn't need an elaborate scheme to take down the Hero Factory. :P

@Dralcax: Not sure. Von Nebula seemed to have it in for Stormer specifically, and he would want Stormer to know when he takes him out. Changing forms robs him of that. Further, Von Nebula wasn't interested in draining power from the Hero Factory. I think Black Phantom is a minion of either VN or somebody else. Or VN is a minion of someone else.

@Dralcax: Not sure. Von Nebula seemed to have it in for Stormer specifically, and he would want Stormer to know when he takes him out. Changing forms robs him of that. Further, Von Nebula wasn't interested in draining power from the Hero Factory. I think Black Phantom is a minion of either VN or somebody else. Or VN is a minion of someone else.

Well, he wouldn't intentionally change forms, but the gravity might have warped him against his will or something. Also, it could just be a bigger plan to basically topple Hero Factory and destroy Stormer. Or at least fix his body first before doing that.

aouROFb.png

Well, he wouldn't intentionally change forms, but the gravity might have warped him against his will or something. Also, it could just be a bigger plan to basically topple Hero Factory and destroy Stormer. Or at least fix his body first before doing that.

Point taken, that would explain why he broke into the assembly tower. But Black Phantom is in jail now, and the brain attack villain is outside the factory, so I would say those two are two different people.

Edited by fishers64

As I said before, Von Nebula was a minion of Black Phantom in the old days of the Hero Factory. After defecting from the first team, Ness joined Black Phantom's army, the Legion of Darkness (I think that's what it was called... bad DH name clone), and was transformed.

EDIT: For the record, I was pretty sure about this, but it might not be correct.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As I said before, Von Nebula was a minion of Black Phantom in the old days of the Hero Factory. After defecting from the first team, Ness joined Black Phantom's army, the Legion of Darkness (I think that's what it was called... bad DH name clone), and was transformed.

Is that verified fact?

Edited by fishers64

Er... I was pretty certain. Not having read the HF books, I can't tell you firsthand, but Aanchir wrote some stuff about the books on another site, and I'm pretty sure that's what he said. Considering I could easily be confused about that... not totally certain if it's verified. :/

but their spirits

As I said before, Von Nebula was a minion of Black Phantom in the old days of the Hero Factory. After defecting from the first team, Ness joined Black Phantom's army, the Legion of Darkness (I think that's what it was called... bad DH name clone), and was transformed. EDIT: For the record, I was pretty sure about this, but it might not be correct.

Nope, the Legion of Darkness is disbanded at the end of Secret Mission #2 and all the villains besides Black Phantom are captured, presumably long before Von Ness deserts the Hero Factory. It's not entirely clear how much time occurs in between Secret Mission #2 and the flashbacks in Rise of the Rookies, but the sequence of events is clear, since Von Ness is still on Thresher's team throughout the events of the book.The Legion of Darkness isn't really much like the Dark Hunters other than being a villainous team. They're not nearly as organized as the Dark Hunters (the Dark Hunters have hundreds of members with a clear hierarchy and a rigid set of rules; the Legion of Darkness is just a small group of villains that agrees to work for Black Phantom), and unlike the Dark Hunters who are basically hired mercenaries, the Legion of Darkness is made up of common criminals who profit from theft and the like, not from payment from clients.

In addition, Black Phantom's final mission with the Legion of Darkness -- claiming Hero Factory headquarters as their home base -- was just a ploy to get his underlings captured and put behind bars so he alone could claim credit as the mastermind who brought down the Hero Factory. This is revealed to his underlings by the end of the book, so there's no way they would willingly join up with him in the future.

I encourage you to pick up the Hero Factory Secret Mission books. They're quite good reads, and at $5.99 they're cheaper than even a small Hero Factory figure, so not a huge investment by any means.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'm gonna go for "Random generic villain who serves no purpose other than to initiate the plot of the episode".

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

In my heart, I tots know it's Thresher that's behind all of this.

This. Is. Thresher Factory.

=3

Ah, the Thresher Theory... it's completely ridiculous, (and it's a plot way out of league of the HF story for kids,) but it'd be fantastic.

but their spirits

Okay. Lego obviously needs to create new character designs. All they need are:

1. A computer
  2. A fancy 3D Modeling program
  3. A Jar of Peanut Butter

Don't forget the most important thing:

Money to pay a employee skilled in 3D drawning.

I'm back!