VON NEBULA vs. BLACK PHANTOM

ToaJaller77

Okay. Lego obviously needs to create new character designs. All they need are:

• [*][*]A computer[*]A fancy 3D Modeling program[*]A Jar of Peanut Butter

Don't forget the most important thing: Money to pay a employee skilled in 3D drawning.

Not to mention time.Generally, something people forget is that when a company is cutting corners, it is not an "if/if not" situation but rather an "either/or" situation. So for instance, using character models that already exist for minor characters or characters who only appear briefly isn't done because the filmmakers are lazy, but rather because rendering more major characters and scenes takes precedence and sacrifices have to be made to allow that. If you only have the time or budget to design, render, and rig a certain number of new character models, then you're going to spend that time on the most important or most prominent characters, not on characters who only appear in the shadows for a few brief moments or who appear only as crowd-filler.The BIONICLE movies were just as egregious about this. Remember "Kongu" in Legends of Metru Nui[/i}? He was just a palette-swapped Hafu. In fact, all background Matoran had only subtle differences, and already-rendered assets were frequently recombined into new character designs (example: The drones in Vakama's forge in Legends of Metru Nui used a combination of Bohrok and Matoran parts rendered for Mask of Light). In LEGO animated features, this kind of cost-cutting decision is to be expected, since one of the key features of LEGO is the ability to combine parts in new combinations to create new models.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surge. Surge will turn evil at the end of BA, mark my words.
I think everyone reads too much into the whole "Surge is worried he has a flaw" story thread. Not only because there's no indication it was meant to be foreshadowing him turning evil (the fact that he's even WORRIED about such a thing is a pretty strong indication that he has stronger moral fiber than he thinks), but furthermore because that plot thread was addressed and pretty soundly wrapped up in The Doom Box.Von Nebula might make the most sense, but all in all there's no reason to even assume it's a character we already know. I'd rather just wait and watch the episode than start throwing theories around at this stage of the game.One thing's for sure: I highly doubt it's Stringer or Thresher. Both characters are already established as heroes, and with what little character development Hero Factory has given either of them, there's simply no way a 180-degree turnaround would be possible without seeming completely arbitrary.

Well about that......He gets Brain Attacked. Breez saves him, But still

Uh, uh, doesn't count. Because...

he was under the control of the brain and had no power over himself because of that.

• 4 weeks later...

Plot Twist: Black Phantom is Von Nebula, who escaped his Black Hole Staff, but not without being warped by the gravitational energy. He is also the villain responsible for the brain attack.

And he's French now too?

I hope it's meltdown. Mainly because I like his voice. Or jetbug. For absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I seriously doubt its a rogue scientist. They already did that with witch doctor.

Edited by man774

I think it's Von Nebula without a doubt because he hates Hero Factory and when the ball-like part of his Black Hole Orb Staff was destroyed by the ghostly version of himself, which was created by Voltix, he escaped along with freed villains during the Breakout. He then had Black Phantom steal the Hero Factory plans for him, so he can create a factory of evil versions of the Hero Factory Heroes, which would have some Antiquaza. However, before he can create the factory, he created the Brain Parasites to fight the Heroes to buy himself some time to do this. When he creates the factory, he would create an evil army of Anti-Heroes, and use it to rule the universe without anybody, including the Heroes, to stop them. So, that proves it.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Maybe HF has more in common with bionicle than we thought. If Lenny7092 is correct, then VN wouldn't just be the terry of HF because he's the main bad guy, but also because he's a huge schemer. And Lenny7092's theory is in line with bionicle. After Teridax was defeated, he released the bohrok to fight the toa and give himself some more time.