Status of the vahi?

Just wondering what exactly happened to the Kanohi Vahi? Last we know Voporak stole it from Turaga Vakama's chamber in Metru Nui. Was it used for something after that? What was the purpose of it being stolen?

""Once long ago, a Toa had donned the Ignika and lost his life to save the universe. That Toa had tried to be brave, but there was fear in his heart and he met his end with fear and regret. The Ignika sensed none of this in Matoro - only a will and determination that rivaled even that of Mata Nui himself." "

rsz_1matoro_banner.jpg

It didn't appear after Voporak stole it in Destiny War. As far as we're concerned, he took it with him when he moved to Spherus Magna along with all the other inhabitants of the Matoran Universe. If Greg had - or still has - a particular plan for the Vahi, he hasn't revealed it yet, I believe. As for why it was stolen, remember Voparak had been teamed with Ancient earlier to steal the Vahi, and though they were reassigned after learning Vakama had it, it wouldn't surprise me if Voparak attempted to steal it by himself, considering how loyal he is to the Shadowed One and the lengths he will go to in order to impress him. Plus, a major war like the one between the Order and the Brotherhood would make everyone focus on the greater threat, which would've provided Voparak a good opportunity to sleep it and retrieve it during the chaos.

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

I believe it's been stated that Voporak intended to bring the Vahi to The Shadowed One as soon as possible, but TSO's disappearance after his Makuta virus discovery and the complete crash of the Matoran Universe has kept him from doing so.

Ohh okay. Yeah I was just surprised at how such a powerful mask hasn't played a role after being stolen by Voporak.

It didn't appear after Voporak stole it in Destiny War. As far as we're concerned, he took it with him when he moved to Spherus Magna along with all the other inhabitants of the Matoran Universe. If Greg had - or still has - a particular plan for the Vahi, he hasn't revealed it yet, I believe. As for why it was stolen, remember Voparak had been teamed with Ancient earlier to steal the Vahi, and though they were reassigned after learning Vakama had it, it wouldn't surprise me if Voparak attempted to steal it by himself, considering how loyal he is to the Shadowed One and the lengths he will go to in order to impress him. Plus, a major war like the one between the Order and the Brotherhood would make everyone focus on the greater threat, which would've provided Voparak a good opportunity to sleep it and retrieve it during the chaos.

Hmm yeah it's an interesting topic, the Vahi. It would be awesome to see it being used later in the story by Greg if he intends to do so :P

""Once long ago, a Toa had donned the Ignika and lost his life to save the universe. That Toa had tried to be brave, but there was fear in his heart and he met his end with fear and regret. The Ignika sensed none of this in Matoro - only a will and determination that rivaled even that of Mata Nui himself." "

rsz_1matoro_banner.jpg

He's also said on several occasions that he don't really plan chapters ahead, he just takes a very loose idea and then writes it out piece by piece. It might be safe to say that there are plans for using the Vahi somehow, but not even Greg knows where and how he'll work it in. :)

Who knows anymore? Greg himself has probably forgotten that the Vahi is missing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

We will never find what happens to the Vahi, since the serials will not be continued. I think it's pretty certain now.

Spherus Magna is a big planet and Voporak must have lost contact with The Shadowed One during the big MU crash. He might actually still be searching for him. I doubt that the Dark Hunters would be very social with the other gathering species due to their past, at least not at first.

Voporak might be excellent at tracking the Vahi, but that doesn't mean he is excellent at tracking The Shadowed One; that is Darkness's job :P

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.