Bleu Toa Metru Onewa?

Tommy_

On this Dutch Ebay-like site, I just stumbled upon a blue Onewa. It looks painted, but I sent an e-mail and the seller claims he bought it like this.

Does anyone know if it's a collectible or if he's just lying?

Because it really does like he painted it.

$T2eC16ZHJFoE9nh6pNPWBQ+!)rJzr!~~60_85.JPG

Source:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/kinderen-en-baby-s/speelgoed-duplo-en-lego/m636831663-lego-bionicle-8604-te-koop.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

Unless there's something I'm not seeing, this doesn't look blue to me at all; it's the regular color, but lighting makes it seem slightly bluish-grey.

I do know that people have gotten dark red copies of Metru Onewa from rip-off brands, but no idea about other colors.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I agree with Chro. It looks like the lighting is giving the set a bluish color. I haven't heard of any blue Owena sets, so I can't say if this is indeed a collectible. I highly doubt it that it is one though.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

You can see the floor or whatever it is on hasn't turned blue, so I don't think it's the lighting. Also you can compare the colour to the picture he's standing on.

Edited by Tommy_

wsjf4.png

I guess I'm getting colour blind then :P

I can clearly see a difference between the toa himself and the toa on the picture he's standing on, weird.

@ Dralcax, I don't know, someone is selling it online, I've never touched it.

wsjf4.png

The thing is, the plastic makes it look blue, maybe from the flash of the camera,or a window or something. The book is a different material and only has on angle if that makes sense. The only part it looks remotely blue is the corners of angles were the light hits.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I think the reason the set is appearing blue and not the table is due to the lighting and the fact the set itself looks very, very dusty.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Does he actually claim that it's blue, or did you just infer it form the picture?

Because it just looks like a really dusty set with washed-out lighting.

Actually, I can see some blue on it. Looks like dust or dry watercolor. I once painted a brown Kakama with green watercolor and it ended up looking exactly like the parts in that picture. It would seem funny in this case, though.

I think the reason the set is appearing blue and not the table is due to the lighting and the fact the set itself looks very, very dusty.

I guess you're all right. If I think of all of the things I interpretate as blue as grey instead, it all makes sense if you think it's dusty. I don't know much about lighting.. I once thought a friend had purple hair, turned out to be lighting too >.<

I apologize for making it look like I thought it was all-blue. I don't see it blue like the Nokama set, haha. I guess the title should be Blue-ish :P

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

wsjf4.png

Does he actually claim that it's blue, or did you just infer it form the picture?

Because it just looks like a really dusty set with washed-out lighting.

Actually, I can see some blue on it. Looks like dust or dry watercolor. I once painted a brown Kakama with green watercolor and it ended up looking exactly like the parts in that picture. It would seem funny in this case, though.

I guess you're all right. If I think of all of the things I interpretate as blue as grey instead, it all makes sense if you think it's dusty. I don't know much about lighting.. I once thought a friend had purple hair, turned out to be lighting too >.<

I apologize for making it look like I thought it was all-blue. I don't see it blue like the Nokama set, haha. I guess the title should be Blue-ish :P

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

No problem. We all make mistakes. I can see where you are coming from and its a stated fact we all see colours differently anyway

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!