Do you think any of the Toa Nuva will die?

CeeCee

Come to think of it, do you think any major(and I mean major, not just some characterless Matoran thats done nothing for the story apart from have a name) character thats good could die?

How do you think people would react, if say for example, Tahu or Kopaka was killed in the midst of battle. Not really a heroic death, just dying against a foes sword. It happens, right?

How would you react to this scenario?

Who would you hate the most to see die?

1. I dont think it will happen, but were got surprised by Matoro.

2. I think people would react very negatively to it

3. It would really excite me, yet sadden me at the same time

4. Probably one of the Turaga. Maybe Matau or Vakama. I would be very sad if Lewa died.

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

It'd be great. It'd really show that the story can go on without this one character.

Who would I hate most to see die? Probably Kopaka.

The perfect death scene for someone like Kopaka would be something akin to Boromir's death from The Lord of the Rings. - he's hurt again and again and again, but just keep killing things anyway.

If the story did ever continue, I don't believe that Greg would kill off a major character without a really good reason for doing so. That said, I wouldn't put it past him to kill off a Nuva should the situation be epic enough. If it's not epic, then it'd be just silly and pointless. The deaths of other major characters - Matoro or Teridax, for instance - have all been epic. Say what you will, but you have to admit that sacrificing yourself to save the universe or having a planet pancaking your skull are two pretty epic ways to die. Most of the characters that Greg has killed have been minor, but he's certainly not afraid to whack major ones if it fits. I also really don't think that BZP would care that much if it did happen. The core of the site has shrunk and seems more mature than in years past. There would be outrage, no doubt, but I don't think it would be Matoro-level outrage, because there are not only less members but also because the thrill of actually getting storyline content would outweigh whatever wham episode Greg may write. I've gotten to the point where I really don't care what happens to the story. I still kind of enjoy it and I'd be more than happy to finally get some closure, but from a realistic point of view, I just don't think Greg has the time required to finish up the serials. I'd probably say to myself, "hmm, that's interesting," and continue with my day uninterrupted. Of all the characters, I'd probably least want Vezon to go, but again, it wouldn't upset me in the least if he died.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Most of the characters that Greg has killed have been minor...

Let me make a list of dead people:1) Matoro

2) The Makuta in general

And that's it. Those are the only characters we met that actually dropped dead. Greg has a really bad habit of bringing back dead people, and the Red Star snafu just proves it.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

If any of the Toa Nuva were to die... I don't think any of them should die separately. If the most prominent Toa team in the entire history of BIONICLE were to die, I'd say do it all at once, them making their last stand against some foe such as Marendar (or worse).

I would be most disappointed by the loss of Lewa, Brutaka, or Takanuva.

As for my reaction, I'd probably just be in a state of minor shock for a while and slowly come to grips with the character's death in a day or so.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I don't think they would die, but if any of them were to die, they'd all die together.

As for the questions:

1) I'd probably cry. And I'd fall into a deep depression for a few months. That's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

2) I'd say Lewa, Jaller, Hewkii, Vakama, or Matau would affect me the most.

1. I do think its possible for one of the Nuva to die in the story. Same goes for any and all the characters in the storyline.

2. Depends on the character that was slain. But I do think a major character could be killed off in an interesting way in a simple sword fight (or just a simple fight in general) if done correctly.

3. Depends on who died.

4. Axonn, Lesovikk, Tahu, and Kopaka.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Let me make a list of dead people:1) Matoro2) The Makuta in general And that's it. Those are the only characters we met that actually dropped dead. Greg has a really bad habit of bringing back dead people, and the Red Star snafu just proves it.

In Federation of Fear, Carapar got disintegrated by Tren Krom, so that's one non-Makuta that is permanently dead, Red Star or not. The Piraka were reduced to sea snakes by mutation and then later made into that fusion being thingy, so if they are not dead they are at least out of the game for the foreseeable future. Ancient got offed by The Shadowed One, again with disintegration beams.Most other deaths have been of nameless characters, or are potentially void due to the Red Star shenanigans. Personally I hope it's really malfunctioning, though, so that we won't get too many deaths reversed just because.I can't see any of the Nuva dying for the sheer reason that they are perhaps the main main characters in some ways. I can see them maybe becoming Turaga as a way of closing their story, but not dying. If any of them were to die, however, I'd hate to see any of them go. They are simply too nostalgic for me to pick any one to remove.If Kopaka has to die at any point I do agree that he has to go like Boromir, though, preferably after killing approximately five hundred Rahkshi. :)Just a sudden death in the middle of a battle does not quite fit a Toa Nuva. Lhikan, sure, he blocked a blow. Jaller, same, he took the attack meant for Takua. But I'd be rather annoyed if Onua suddenly got skewered by a Vortixx or something, unless the scene was built after stellar dramatic rules. Edited by Katuko

It'd be great. It'd really show that the story can go on without this one character.

The perfect death scene for someone like Kopaka would be something akin to Boromir's death from The Lord of the Rings. - he's hurt again and again and again, but just keep killing things anyway.

You know, when I played with Bionicles I had a pretty fleshed out story. I often did final episodes scenarios. Sometimes they would be quite different, nut I did agree on deaths for most of the characters.

Kopaka was fighting with Icarax in a cave. They both lose their weapons. Icarax says they should fight like men and use their fists. Him and Kopaka start fighting. Just as Kopaka starts to win, Icarax "cheats" and pulls out a small knife and stabs Kopaka in the abdomen. Kopaka dies slowly. The only thing that makes up for this is you are meant to believe the Kopaka might be Terridaxs(and Roodakas) son. As Icarax is bleeding in the cave were they thought, boasting about his victory, Terridax appears to Icarax and gets his own back on him for for secretly going behind his back with Roodaka and doing... thing thing that makes babies(I think thats allowed) by telling Icarax Kopaka is actually his son. While Icarax is weeping in the cave(as family is really important to Makuta in my story) Tahu comes in and sees the scene and beats two cahoots out of Icarax, the leaves him to live with what hes none for an eternity, leaving him in the cave.

Lewa only dies a little bit before Kopaka. A big part of my story was that Tahu saw Lewa as a little brother and always tried to protect him. Lewa starts walking towards a bunch of Makuta with a grenade to blow himself and the Makuta up. Tahu sees then and pushes Lewa out the way of a grenade. Now in a film, Tahu would have sacrifice himself for Lewa. A fitting ending right? Well I tried to do something different. As Tahu pushes Lewa out the way, Lewa still gets caught in the explosion and gets really hurt. Theres no way he can get out alive, so Tahu is forced to effectively euthanize him. I think it brings a bit of dark irony.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Let me make a list of dead people:1) Matoro2) The Makuta in general And that's it. Those are the only characters we met that actually dropped dead. Greg has a really bad habit of bringing back dead people, and the Red Star snafu just proves it.
In Federation of Fear, Carapar got disintegrated by Tren Krom, so that's one non-Makuta that is permanently dead, Red Star or not. The Piraka were reduced to sea snakes by mutation and then later made into that fusion being thingy, so if they are not dead they are at least out of the game for the foreseeable future. Ancient got offed by The Shadowed One, again with disintegration beams.Most other deaths have been of nameless characters, or are potentially void due to the Red Star shenanigans. Personally I hope it's really malfunctioning, though, so that we won't get too many deaths reversed just because.I can't see any of the Nuva dying for the sheer reason that they are perhaps the main main characters in some ways. I can see them maybe becoming Turaga as a way of closing their story, but not dying. If any of them were to die, however, I'd hate to see any of them go. They are simply too nostalgic for me to pick any one to remove.If Kopaka has to die at any point I do agree that he has to go like Boromir, though, preferably after killing approximately five hundred Rahkshi. :)Just a sudden death in the middle of a battle does not quite fit a Toa Nuva. Lhikan, sure, he blocked a blow. Jaller, same, he took the attack meant for Takua. But I'd be rather annoyed if Onua suddenly got skewered by a Vortixx or something, unless the scene was built after stellar dramatic rules.
To be honest if the Toa Nuva died I would feel very depressed. I wish they became Turaga just like the Toa Metru because they have done their duty to protect mata nui, the matoran and the Turaga of mata nui(former Toa Metru.) Edited by bohrokmaster

2) The Makuta in general

And that's it. Those are the only characters we met that actually dropped dead. Greg has a really bad habit of bringing back dead people, and the Red Star snafu just proves it.

There are three ways to die that will ensure that you stay dead:

a) Disintegration

b) Absorption (by a Makuta's shadow hand.)

c) Digestion (if you're eaten, you'll break down into nothing and threre won't be any body left.

Basically, if you lose you're body, no revival for you. Let's remember that the Makuta of Stelt and Spiriah were killed by absorption and were confirmed by Greg to be dead permanently, so anyone else who died like that is permanently dead as well. With that in mind, let's fix this list:

1) Matoro

2) The Makuta in general (which equals around 13 named characters and 100 in general)

3) Ancient (disintegrated)

4) Carapar (disintegration)

5) Karzahni- Being (body hasn't vanished yet)

6) Tren Krom (confirmed dead permanently by Greg due to being organic)

7) Decoy Tuyet (body never disappeared)

8) Reysa (eaten by Rahi)

9) Gadunka (eaten by Rahi)

10) Lein

11) Certavus

12) Morbuzakh (disintegrated and also is a plant)

12) Karzahni- Plant

13) Jovan

14) Nivawk

15) Nidhiki

16) Krekka

17) Telluris

Possibly still dead: Kodan, Nikila, and Naho (we don't know how they died so we can't be sure)

Add the multiple permanent deaths from Alternate Dimensions and you still have a pretty long death list, even with the Red Star, which, if you think about it, only really revived around 5 named characters as far as we know. Also, It's clear from clues and what Greg has said so far that the condition of the revived beings on the star is most definitely not sane or ok, so it's no party. :P

Anyways, I don't think it's past Greg to kill a Toa Nuva, but there better be a reason for it. As for who'd I like to die, no one in particular. Maybe an OoNM member.

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

1. I think its reasonable that at least one of the Toa Nuva will be killed off. Maybe Kopaka or Pohatu.

2. I think people wont like it if Kopaka or Pohatu were killed that way. I would think its all right, as long as he has heroic last words, it would be cool.

3. I would be sad (of coarse), but I would only be alright with it if Kopaka or Pohatu has cool last words.

4. This is a tough one. Maybe Pohatu. But I like Kopaka alot too. I'll probably hate to see Pohatu go more though because Pohatu has had alot of great momments.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

To be honest, the Toa Nuva I'd see as most likely to have a "random" death would be Lewa. You know, in the middle of a tough but seemingly not difficult fight, Lewa starts joking around, but then--BOOM! He's gone. It'd be a powerful and sobering way to remind readers that some of these bad guys that have started to become mere "cannon fodder" are ACTUALLY still dangerous.

That said, I'd only see Toa Nuva deaths coming about as part of a "true finale" arc of some sort. Lewa, of course, would be first, as outlined. Next would likely be Onua, likely as part of a "bring down the tunnels behind us" moment (a la The Kingdom alternate universe) that Pohatu would never forgive himself for surviving. Gali's and Kopaka's deaths would likely be very close to each other, something along the lines of Gali sacrificing her own life force to save Tahu while Kopaka goes out Boromir-style (perhaps Gali would even have to choose which one to die saving), with Tahu of course going nova, destroying both himself and the Final Menace. Pohatu would remain alive (having been sent back by the others to evacuate the "civilians"), passing on his power to a group of new Toa, and spending the rest of his days remembering the past and wondering What Might Have Been...

...This actually sounds like a cool story, somebody write this. :P

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

To be honest, the Toa Nuva I'd see as most likely to have a "random" death would be Lewa. You know, in the middle of a tough but seemingly not difficult fight, Lewa starts joking around, but then--BOOM! He's gone. It'd be a powerful and sobering way to remind readers that some of these bad guys that have started to become mere "cannon fodder" are ACTUALLY still dangerous.

That said, I'd only see Toa Nuva deaths coming about as part of a "true finale" arc of some sort. Lewa, of course, would be first, as outlined. Next would likely be Onua, likely as part of a "bring down the tunnels behind us" moment (a la The Kingdom alternate universe) that Pohatu would never forgive himself for surviving. Gali's and Kopaka's deaths would likely be very close to each other, something along the lines of Gali sacrificing her own life force to save Tahu while Kopaka goes out Boromir-style (perhaps Gali would even have to choose which one to die saving), with Tahu of course going nova, destroying both himself and the Final Menace. Pohatu would remain alive (having been sent back by the others to evacuate the "civilians"), passing on his power to a group of new Toa, and spending the rest of his days remembering the past and wondering What Might Have Been...

...This actually sounds like a cool story, somebody write this. :P

You should. It sounds awesome

I'd rather like it if one of the Nuva died randomly and un-heroically in a huge battle or something. Why? Because if you have group of 6 main characters, then killing one doesn't kill the whole story, but it does provide the same effect both on the readers and the characters, which I want to see. Of course, being Nuva, they're probably too powerful to just get killed by any random Skrall or Skakdi... Maybe Tuma could do. Ohhhh yes.

idk man

I'd rather like it if one of the Nuva died randomly and un-heroically in a huge battle or something. Why? Because if you have group of 6 main characters, then killing one doesn't kill the whole story, but it does provide the same effect both on the readers and the characters, which I want to see. Of course, being Nuva, they're probably too powerful to just get killed by any random Skrall or Skakdi... Maybe Tuma could do. Ohhhh yes.

What about 1000000 rahkshi?

1. I would react with a little shock. They are some really major characters. 2. I would hate to see Jaller die, why if he dies my profile becomes irrelevent. Plus I like him, alot. Do I think it will happen? I don't know. We have seen some screwballs in the story line. Ex. Matoro, Botor, ect.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

1. I would react with a little shock. They are some really major characters. 2. I would hate to see Jaller die, why if he dies my profile becomes irrelevent. Plus I like him, alot. Do I think it will happen? I don't know. We have seen some screwballs in the story line. Ex. Matoro, Botor, ect.

If Bionicle ended, it wouldn't surprise me if Jaller died. It would be heroic though.

For the record, it already is since he no longer has the Hannah Crab

idk man

I would hate to see Lewa die. He has always been my favorite Toa, and always will be. Now, if he died, I would start screaming, crying, and repeatedly smash my head against my computer desk. Now, I see no reason why Greg would kill off a main character for absolutely no reason. Like, Matoro's death accomplished something (bringing Mata Nui back to life), while if Lewa was just killed in battle for no reason, it would do nothing except for the fanbase off.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

I would hate to see Lewa die. He has always been my favorite Toa, and always will be. Now, if he died, I would start screaming, crying, and repeatedly smash my head against my computer desk. Now, I see no reason why Greg would kill off a main character for absolutely no reason. Like, Matoro's death accomplished something (bringing Mata Nui back to life), while if Lewa was just killed in battle for no reason, it would do nothing except for the fanbase off.
No, what it would do is make the story realistic. He's captured by Agori armed with very sharp apears who despise technology of any kind. He's all alone and no one knows exactly what happened to him. Why wouldn't he die? I predict that some other plot device related to one of the other plotlines will coincidentally find and save him just in the nick of time, but I wish for once that such a thing wouldn't happen and someone would suddenly, tragically, non-gloriously die for no reason other than chance.

idk man

If Bionicle ended, it wouldn't surprise me if Jaller died. It would be heroic though.
I suppose, though it would be very sad. :(
What do you mean. My picture, my profile, or Jaller himself?

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

2) The Makuta in general

a) Disintegration

c) Digestion (if you're eaten, you'll break down into nothing and threre won't be any body left.

Basically, if you lose you're body, no revival for you. Let's remember that the Makuta of Stelt and Spiriah were killed by absorption and were confirmed by Greg to be dead permanently, so anyone else who died like that is permanently dead as well. With that in mind, let's fix this list:

1) Matoro

2) The Makuta in general (which equals around 13 named characters and 100 in general)

8) Reysa (eaten by Rahi)

10) Lein

11) Certavus

12) Karzahni- Plant

13) Jovan

14) Nivawk

15) Nidhiki

16) Krekka

17) Telluris

Possibly still dead: Kodan, Nikila, and Naho (we don't know how they died so we can't be sure)

Add the multiple permanent deaths from Alternate Dimensions and you still have a pretty long death list, even with the Red Star, which, if you think about it, only really revived around 5 named characters as far as we know. Also, It's clear from clues and what Greg has said so far that the condition of the revived beings on the star is most definitely not sane or ok, so it's no party. :P

Anyways, I don't think it's past Greg to kill a Toa Nuva, but there better be a reason for it. As for who'd I like to die, no one in particular. Maybe an OoNM member.

Let's keep in mind that we are talking about major characters here, so rearranging the list:

1) Matoro

2) The Makuta in general

5) Karzahni (body hasn't vanished yet)

7) Certavus

8) Morbuzakh (disintegrated and also is a plant)

9) Karzahni (plant)

10) Jovan

11) Nidhiki

12) Krekka

13) Telluris

And even in this list some characters aren't really that major, like Certavus and Carapar.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

2) The Makuta in general

a) Disintegration

1) Matoro

8) Reysa (eaten by Rahi)

10) Lein

11) Certavus

12) Karzahni- Plant

13) Jovan

14) Nivawk

15) Nidhiki

16) Krekka

17) Telluris

Let's keep in mind that we are talking about major characters here, so rearranging the list:

1) Matoro

2) The Makuta in general

5) Karzahni (body hasn't vanished yet)

7) Certavus

8) Morbuzakh (disintegrated and also is a plant)

9) Karzahni (plant)

10) Jovan

11) Nidhiki

12) Krekka

13) Telluris

And even in this list some characters aren't really that major, like Certavus and Carapar.

14) Reysa

Don't forget him, he was an Onu-Matoran, he counts. BTW, I was listing characters in general, not just major ones.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Kodan, Naho, and Nikila are possibly still dead, depending on how they died.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

I'd be majorly upset if any Nuva, Turaga from Mata Nui or Mahri died as they're the characters I grew up with I'd say if Tahu had to die I'd make him have one final blaze of glory and doing some huge Spirit-Bomb Esque Nova Blast wiping out several villains it'd also be in character considering he's quite stubborn although that did lessen over the years.

B9jyQ_9IIAIinc0.png

I'd be majorly upset if any Nuva, Turaga from Mata Nui or Mahri died as they're the characters I grew up with I'd say if Tahu had to die I'd make him have one final blaze of glory and doing some huge Spirit-Bomb Esque Nova Blast wiping out several villains it'd also be in character considering he's quite stubborn although that did lessen over the years.

I don't think Tahu killing others would be very in-character for him. Then again, he did make the decision to leave the Karda Nui Makuta to die.

toakopaka.png

I don't think Tahu killing others would be very in-character for him. Then again, he did make the decision to leave the Karda Nui Makuta to die.

Maybe, we could see a darker side of Tahu begin to emerge.

Oh, sorry. To clarify, I meant that since Jaller no longer has that little crab following him around, by your definition, your profile is "irrelevant".

idk man

Guest AsianHacks

Id like to see that, but with maybe a glatorian, gladiator style.

Oh, sorry. To clarify, I meant that since Jaller no longer has that little crab following him around, by your definition, your profile is "irrelevant".
Again, do you mean my picture. By irrelevent I meant that Jaller himself, not his Mahri form. I think you mean my picture because your definition of irrelevent is true with my picture.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

When I got my Toa Matoro Mahri I was shocked when I saw Matoro died. I don't wan't to see other Toa Mahri die. Here is a list of people who I might be disapointed if they die.

1:The Toa Mahri

2:Any Toa Nuva

3:Lessovik ( or Toa Lessovik I think he is no longer a toa anymore)

Oh goodness, I'd hate to see any of them die; but especially Tahu and Kopaka. They seemed the toughest characters to me when I first got into the story, and quickly became my two most favorite Toa; and to this day, they still are. But, if they ever did meet their end, I demand a heroic ending, ha ha. The whole Boromir-style death idea fits Kopaka to a T. Tahu as well, but he needs something... more, in my opinion. Something that moves the audience as well as the other characters. I always though he got a bad rep because of his hotheadedness (no pun intended), and I tend to get annoyed when another character gets on his case for something, trivial or not; but I digress. Anyway, I think Tahu, more than anyone else, would need a heroic ending that employs a tiny bit of a change in character, perhaps. For example, having somebody get after him for something, be it a character-flaw or blaming him for some tragic event, whatever, and then having him show everyone that he can be just as a good a leader as Lhikan before sacrificing himself to save someone. I don't know, just something that makes people (audience and characters alike) actually feel something when he dies other than, "oh darn, the hothead died..." Just my opinion, ha ha. But realistically, I can't see any of the Toa Nuva kicking the bucket. At least not at this point. Somebody mentioned that it should be done as a finale of sorts, which I think could work if they did it right; but again, I don't think it could or should be done at this rate. A more satisfying "end" for the Nuva would be if they gave up their Toa powers and became Turaga. At least then we'd get something positive out of it: the satisfaction of seeing their tale as Toa all the way to the end, and seeing the next generation of Toa. As for how I'd feel/react, it depends on the character. I've been following BIONICLE since the first comic-book arrived in my mailbox all those years back, and I think I'd feel the worst about all of the Nuva/Mata and the Turaga meeting their end. Lhikan's death depressed me a tiny bit because I hate to see good characters like him go; and I think if they had done more with him it would have given people more time to get attached to him. (Not that I want to have felt worse upon learning of his death, ha ha.) I never like seeing the fire Toa go, but I think Lewa biting the dust would really do it to me. He's too likable. Matoro's death bothered me slightly, but I think it would have been worse if it had been Jaller. And I've never liked seeing Matoran die. Everyone else: I did/will shed a small figurative tear for, but that's it. I actually hate getting attached to villains, so I applaud BIONICLE for not giving me any villains I could glom on to, ha ha. I find that the best villains are the one you love to hate. The ones who's deaths make you do a small fist-pump when the heroes finally end them. Better stop now before I keep rambling. That's what I get for writing this at 3am. XD

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, how interesting! Well, I think that it might have a positive reaction among the fans, given the Matoro scenario. People didn't think positively about it, but the reaction wasn't bad. About who I'd miss the most, it would be Onua and Gali. I have always had a few romantic short stories about them, but I won't release them to the public any time soon, for those of you interested. If they died by the same sword, together, I think I would be close to tears. As they die, they would use the rest of their lives holding hands and saying goodbye to each other. ;( SO SAD! Please excuse me while I go cry quietly in the corner.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.