• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lone Wolf

Digital Art BZPRPG Raxa Photoshop Kal Grochi

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 10:34 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]And I'm back with another BZPRPG character.  This time it's Kal Grochi (Otter)'s character Raxa; master assassin sharpshootin' Toa of Crystal.  Being the awesome friend that I am, I sorta kinda managed to get this done slightly a bit late... sorta...[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Yeah.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Well, I was busy removing the crystal shards from my back after he shot me.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Anyway, this is actually an older sketch that I finally got around to coloring.  As such, the style is a bit different from my more recent works, but I'm very pleased with how this came out.  Like.  I'm seriously loving my own art.  Is that a bad thing?  Anyway, clickable thumbnail...[/color][/font]

Posted Image

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"](Warning: over 9 mb file size)[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I seriously had fun drawing this, and I only dislike the shadow, which I couldn't quite get right.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,51);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Comments and criticism greatly appreciated.[/color][/font]

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#2 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,428 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 10:38 PM

er mah gerd it's finally done

er mah gerd i remember this uncoloured

er mah gerd it's raxa.

er mah gerd those colours

er mah gerd the slightly derpy looking left foot but who cares because

er mah ge--

Wait

There's a crossbow missing in there!

xP

#3 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 10:43 PM

er mah gerd it's finally done er mah gerd i remember this uncoloured er mah gerd it's raxa. er mah gerd those colours er mah gerd the slightly derpy looking left foot but who cares because er mah ge-- Wait There's a crossbow missing in there! xP

... ...  ...  ... ... welp *goes to find wall to slam head against* Anyway... Yeah, forgot the crossbow.  It er... fell into a black hole, as such, it got sucked from the drawing and- Okay, I forgot it. Another thing, this drawing was a bit of an experiment with different techniques I learned from searching around the interwebz.  

Yo, that's some col artwork man. Wish I can do that.

All it takes is practice.  Ha, at times, I shudder while flipping through some of my earlier works.  But then again, they show how far I've come since.  Just like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it.

#4 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, like when I draw some of the Kanohi, they seem to get better and better. (Except for the Kakama.)

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#5 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,194 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 06:21 PM

So that's what this is for!

It's a shame they don't make that color in lego...

(PS, add me as a contact on Flickr!)

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

#6 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,664 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 07:24 PM

[color=#000080;]The drawing is pretty cool and I like the style, but there is a problem! The Toa that is leaning on the wall looks like he is floating, it would be nice if you added some kind of shading  on the wall he is leaning on to give it some depth and then add some darker value on the Toa. After you do that, you can show the differences in the values and it will give it more depth. So far, I believe you are on the right step! Keep up the good work and continue on being an artist![/color]

[color=#000080;]Lehvorak[/color]

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

#7 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 10:17 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]The drawing is pretty cool and I like the style, but there is a problem! The Toa that is leaning on the wall looks like he is floating, it would be nice if you added some kind of shading  on the wall he is leaning on to give it some depth and then add some darker value on the Toa. After you do that, you can show the differences in the values and it will give it more depth. So far, I believe you are on the right step! Keep up the good work and continue on being an artist![/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]Lehvorak[/color]

This is exactly what my problem with the shading was.  I wasn't able to get both the shadow and value consistant, and after a few hours spent on the computer, I really wasn't up for going back and deleting that layer.  Given that this was also one of my earlier sketches, the perspective is a bit funky, adding to that "floating" effect a bit.  Hopefully, in some of my more recent works, I can correct these mistakes.

Thanks for the comment!  Every little bit helps. :)

#8 Offline aneroth

aneroth
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,591 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 02:17 PM

My Thoughts

hopefully they serve you well for learning and improving in the future.

#9 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 02:54 PM

My Thoughts

I'm absolutely certain they will.  Thanks [a bunch!] for taking the time to review my work, it's really not every day that I get such an indepth critique, and I'm definitely going to use them in future works.  Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this.

#10 Offline aneroth

aneroth
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,591 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 03:18 PM

My Thoughts

I'm absolutely certain they will.  Thanks [a bunch!] for taking the time to review my work, it's really not every day that I get such an indepth critique, and I'm definitely going to use them in future works.  Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this.

It is what I do. So do not even mention it.

#11 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:21 PM

Nice drawing. I especially like the details on the body. Th mask looks a bit too small, and so does the feet, but that is still a good drawing.

#12 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nice drawing. I especially like the details on the body. Th mask looks a bit too small, and so does the feet, but that is still a good drawing.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to use more human-like proportions in this drawing, as I always thought that the sets had gigantic feet and big heads.  (As well as gorilla arms, but that's another thing.)

#13 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 630 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to use more human-like proportions in this drawing, as I always thought that the sets had gigantic feet and big heads.  (As well as gorilla arms, but that's another thing.)

so i'm not the only one :D Nice drawing, I can see the twin suns in the corner, and...that color :OMG:

76561198084895102.png

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong;
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users