44006 Breez Set Review

Fastcar800

Today I will be looking at 44006 Breez, one of the smaller sets of this wave. Is this set worth the money? Read on to find out!

img_0414.jpg

The bag displays great artwork of Breez with the Brains surrounding her. The bag is mainly green. It also shows that the code gives you 400 Game Points for the Brain Attack game on HeroFactory.com. It notes the piece count (49) and the ages recommended (6-12)

img_0415.jpg

The back shows the legal disclaimers and more about the Brain Attack game. It also shows the combiner model for Breez and Ogrum. It demonstrates the visor going up and down, as well as the spinning saw shield.

New Elements

img_0417.jpg

There are some new elements included in the set. The new chestplate has a place for the Hero Core and 4 areas where the claw-like things can be attached.

The new head definetly proves interesting, as an axle can connect to the front. It also WON'T BREAK!!!!! I bet MOCists will go goo-goo over this. :P The new, transparent visor can attach to the back of the new head. Sadly, it won't work with many of the helmets, and is not compatible with the older heads either. Shame. But, small loss.

The helmet is a modified version of Breez's original mold.

Build Up

img_0418.jpgimg_0419.jpg

img_0420.jpgimg_0421.jpg

The build is mainly like any other Hero, but with some new aspects. Making the Bow Staff was kinda interesting. It is hard to get the claws on the chestplate into the right position though. All in all, a pretty basic build like usual.

Playibility

img_0422.jpg

This set is fun to play with, as it can preform many poses. The saw shield provides for various uses and ways to play. Strange... both this and the 2.0 Breez have a saw weapon of some kind. Eh, whatever. The Bow Staff can split into two, which can be fun for playing. It also doesn't have any irritating launchers, so that is good.

On this set, even though it has so many random colors, it just... works.

img_0426.jpg

Breez's shield can go on her back. Unlike with Rocka and Bulk, it actually looks good. It doesn't stick out too much from the back like the other heroes. Makes for good fun during play. Its kinda like how in 2.0, the heroes shields could go on their back in the show (Sadly the sets never had that feature) This figure is definetly made to look like an actual girl, unlike the Breakout one. Not to mention... NON-CRACKING HEAD!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

img_0423.jpg

Natalie looks good with her former variants as well. However, her newest upgrade is smaller than her Breakout armor, as well as less armed. That is good, because she isn't over-bulky and over-equipped with weaponary. She looks feminine this time around. And they released her on time.

Final Notes

All in all, 44006 Breez is a very interesting set, with a few new parts and many recolors. It is definetly one of the better sets of this wave. Bulk doesn't have much bulk, and Rocka, well... I don't have a general gripe over him, but Breez is easily the best in my opinion. Not too big, not too small.

Pros

• New elements and recolors
  • Great color scheme
  • Interesting weapons
  • Not over-bulky
  • NON-CRACKING HEAD!!!!

Cons

• Uh.. well, there's... no...
  • Hmmm...
  • I... got nothing

img_0424.jpg

We all know how Breez can talk to virtually any animal. Giddy up, little Scorpio!

So, thanks for looking at my review. I intend to do more of these, so is there anything I should improve? Any comments? Just post them below. And I intend to get better quality images in the future. I took these using and IPod Touch. Anyway, thanks for watching! :)

~~~Fastcar700

virux4.5-500.jpg

The images are a bit too big and grainy, my friend! Making them smaller will likely make them look better.

Good review Fastcar. Breez so far is my favourite 2013 set, followed by Scarox. And it will indubitably be my first set from 2013. Thanks for the review!

Sorry about the images. Next time, I intend to do that. I thought that could be done directly from the site, but I was wrong.

I got Breez yesterday, and I highly recommend it. Thnaks for the advice! :)

virux4.5-500.jpg

Good review. Not a fan of this wave of HF, though. The brains look cool, and I'm considering looking into some of the villains, but the heroes, especially this Breez look blah. I recommend you edit the photos. Not the worst I've seen in a review, but they do need to be clearer. I recommend Photoshop CS4 or newer (ideally CS6), but even just resizing them in Paint for Windows 7 or newer would work. I do understand what you mean about resizing on BZPower. Seems to be a glitch in the Rich Text Editor.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Guest sinewav

Thanks for the review, nice to see all the past Breez models side by side for quick comparision.

I just picked this up for my son and he anxious to earn enough stars to build it.

So far the brain attack HF line is my favorite in a long while, For some reason the idea behind this wave apeals to me more a lot than the last "cops and robbers" theme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice review, it's probably the best one I saw on BZP so far. The 4.0 shields remind me of the Skrall shields. You had a lot of details about the set, and I never really liked HF but this set looks quite cool. Oh, and they just put a review of this set in the news, but I hadn't read it yet.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

Nice review, it's probably the best one I saw on BZP so far. The 4.0 shields remind me of the Skrall shields. You had a lot of details about the set, and I never really liked HF but this set looks quite cool. Oh, and they just put a review of this set in the news, but I hadn't read it yet.

Thanks! And I saw your comment on the BZPower review. XD

virux4.5-500.jpg

Are you really calling this a 4.0 shield? Because not only does 4.0 not describe this wave in any fashion (if you insist on numerical terms, this is the fourth series of hero upgrades, so it'd be 5.0), but this shield piece is actually OLDER than the Skrall shield. This piece (Saw Blade Ø71.32, Design ID 61403) was originally released in Medium Stone Grey (Light Bluish Gray/Light Bley) in a 2008 Indiana Jones set, and appeared nine more times in that color. This set and last year's XT4 set are the only ones to use it in Silver Metallic (the current silver color), though.