• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Palace Cinema Designer Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,114 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:28 PM

During BrickFair Alabama we announced the 10232 Palace Cinema when it was unveiled. Since then, LEGO has released a designer video detailing the set and some of its features. Those of you who attended BrickFair VA last year might recognize Astrid as one of the designers who was at that event - it's always fun to see a familiar face. So go check it out and see if this set is up your alley.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5939]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,535 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:54 PM

I've never seen Astrid in real life so...

I really like the video. Especially about the detail of the new bricks that they've put on it. Though now that I've seen it's actual size, it seems a lot smaller than anticipated. It also looks too small for it's price tag but, it's cause of the minifigs I guess.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,601 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:00 AM

I've never seen Astrid in real life so...

I really like the video. Especially about the detail of the new bricks that they've put on it. Though now that I've seen it's actual size, it seems a lot smaller than anticipated. It also looks too small for it's price tag but, it's cause of the minifigs I guess.

The minifigs? No. It's about the size of the other modular buildings (save for the Town Hall, which cost more). It may seem small for its price, but part of that is due to the density of detail in all of the modular buildings.

Palace Cinema looks like a good addition to the modular lineup. I don't know if it'll dethrone the Pet Shop as my favorite, though.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#4 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,254 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:39 AM

The palace keeps looking more awesome, those posters are perfectly done, its only sad they didn't use the projection system from the Agents truck.

And since when does BZP link to that "not allowed" site?

Edited by Dual Matrix, Jan 30 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

#5 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,026 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:44 AM

And since when does BZP link to that "not allowed" site?

Probably since it links to a video uploaded by TLG, with comments disabled.

I really really like this set. Both the modulars that I've seen Astrid design are my favorites (the other being Town Hall). Quite a nice addition to the modular buildings line.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#6 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:44 AM

I keep reading it as "Palace Chima," even though as far as I know there are no palace sets in the Chima line.Anyway, haven't seen the video, but I'll try to later. Always interesting to see what goes into the design process, IMO.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/07/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users