Palace Cinema Designer Video

During BrickFair Alabama we announced the 10232 Palace Cinema when it was unveiled. Since then, LEGO has released a

detailing the set and some of its features. Those of you who attended BrickFair VA last year might recognize Astrid as one of the designers who was at that event - it's always fun to see a familiar face. So go check it out and see if this set is up your alley.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5939]View the full article[/url]

I've never seen Astrid in real life so...

I really like the video. Especially about the detail of the new bricks that they've put on it. Though now that I've seen it's actual size, it seems a lot smaller than anticipated. It also looks too small for it's price tag but, it's cause of the minifigs I guess.

The minifigs? No. It's about the size of the other modular buildings (save for the Town Hall, which cost more). It may seem small for its price, but part of that is due to the density of detail in all of the modular buildings.

Palace Cinema looks like a good addition to the modular lineup. I don't know if it'll dethrone the Pet Shop as my favorite, though.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The palace keeps looking more awesome, those posters are perfectly done, its only sad they didn't use the projection system from the Agents truck.

And since when does BZP link to that "not allowed" site?

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

And since when does BZP link to that "not allowed" site?

Probably since it links to a video uploaded by TLG, with comments disabled.

I really really like this set. Both the modulars that I've seen Astrid design are my favorites (the other being Town Hall). Quite a nice addition to the modular buildings line.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I keep reading it as "Palace Chima," even though as far as I know there are no palace sets in the Chima line.Anyway, haven't seen the video, but I'll try to later. Always interesting to see what goes into the design process, IMO.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)