Desktop toy help.

Guest X-G.12

If you are really desperate, use a Virtual Machine to run Windows XP on whatever OS you have now.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

OpenGL Driver....could swear i've heard that somewhere before....well, thanks guys. maybe a quick google search will help with that driver.

OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is a universal API for devices that is used to render 2D and 3D objects. Common examples of applications that use OpenGL would be Google Earth, computer games, etc. An OpenGL driver would be what your computer needs to render the graphics. If you can list the model number for your computer, I may be able to find you an OpenGL driver. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

model number....hrm...*turns computer upside down* the model CODE is np300e5a-a01ub. if the model number is the same as the model code, then there you go.

It's a Samsung? Can't find a download for an OpenGL driver from a reliable site, so maybe check if you already have one. Try installing an application like Google Earth, and in the start menu folder for it, there should be "Launch Google Earth in OpenGL mode". Try opening that, and if it works, then you should already have the driver.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

yes, I have a samsung. and I figured out where I had heard OpenGL from. It's a minecraft option :P if I have the OpenGL option turned to ON, does that mean that I have it? and just a note, thanks for helping me. and I thought I was tech-savvy XD.

No problem man. I assume you have it, if it runs during Minecraft. Too bad the little desktop toys still don't work.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick