• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle Adventures and Bionicle Legends

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Offline X-Ray

X-Ray
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 613 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:54 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]I am of the opinion that the books series Bionicle Adventures, which covered the Metru Nui era, and Bionicle Legends, which covered the Voya Nui/Mahri Nui/Karda Nui eras, should have had their titles switched around.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]Why? Because it makes more sense for a series of stories about the tales of past adventures to be called Legends, and the tale of present adventures to be called Adventures. [/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]So, what are the thoughts of you denizens of BZPower's thoughts on this?[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:[/color][/font]

#2 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yeah I think it should be the other way around. But I guess they wanted to build suspense when they did this.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Lewa Krom

Lewa Krom
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,578 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 10:34 PM

Wow. I never noticed that. I think you're completely right. (Though, BL was about the legendary Mask of Life, but yeah, I agree).

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Once Star Trek ended - pfft! - the network didn't care about it anymore, nobody cared about it anymore and it was the fans that kept it alive until finally someone turned around and said "You know what? There's a whole mess of people out there who like this. Let's do something with it again. It was a lot of years - a lot of years went by - before that happened. But if the fans shrug their shoulders and are like "Pfft! I don't care about this anymore and I'll just forget about it," then everybody else is going to forget about it, too. So the only people who - the Lego company can't do it - the only people who can keep the flame alive is the fans ... It's something only fans can do.

-- Greg Farshtey

We're 30 months closer to Bionicle's return than we were when it ended!

KEEP BIONICLE ALIVE

#4 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,932 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 10:46 PM

I never noticed it either. The titles would've made more sense if they had indeen been switched around, but personally I like them just as they are now.

(I didn't mean for that to rhyme. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#5 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,584 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 12:56 AM

[color=#ff0000;]I can definitely see where you're coming from, especially since the words "legend/legends" were thrown around a fair amount in 04-05 in regard to the Toa Metru and what they did, even had a movie where that was part of the title.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]But still, the legendary Mask of Life and its trilogy plotline was on a much grander scale.[/color]

Posted Image

#6 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,005 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 12:45 AM

Eh, the Bionicle "Legends" series was more about exploring the past nature (i.e. legends) of the robot the Matoran lived in, while the Adventures was more about the "adventures" of the Toa Metru on a desperate rescue mission. 

Although I see where you're coming from. Depends on how you look at it. 

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#7 Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*

Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 01:54 PM

Wow, I never noticed that. But, in my opinion, that's true.

#8 Offline SAmaster

SAmaster
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I noticed, forgot, and you reminded me. Fair point.

I didn't shut up yesterday, the day before, why should today be any different? - Personal Quote.

Those who want Makuta Tridax to be official, jump in the air.

#9 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yes, while chronology tells us those titles had to be switched around, keeping it as-is seems more logical when considering the content of the books.

And, as 'The Forgotten One' pointed out earlier, they probably indeed wanted to build some suspense..... for a series of micro-Bionicles that were really just overprices Matorans. ("Buy them for the gollllldd!")

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#10 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,955 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 11:36 PM

But remember, the Adventures series was written before the Legends series.

#11 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 05:44 AM

What, you're saying that people who came before a legend can't have adventures? D=

That's, eeehhhmmm, time-ist! >=I

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#12 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,955 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 08:07 AM

What, you're saying that people who came before a legend can't have adventures? D=That's, eeehhhmmm, time-ist! >=I

No, I just realized that, maybe Greg or whoever decided to write about the adventures of the Toa Metru(Hordika, whatever), then decided to write about the legends of the Ignika and Voya Nui, then added the Karda Nui part.

#13 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,485 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 09:37 PM

BIONICLE Chronicles wouldn't really fit in that case. I like the names as they are anyway. If you disregard the fact that almost the entirety of the Adventures are flashbacks, the Legends actually show more of the past:

1. All of Legacy of Evil.

2. The introduction of Inferno.

3. The introduction to Downfall.

4. Half of Swamp of Secrets.

If we look at the Adventures as taking place "now," we really learn more about what happened before (such as the creation of the Ignika, the history of the Piraka, the League of Six Kingdoms, the origin of the Toa Mata, etc.) while the Adventures don't explain much of Metru Nui's prehistory. Ironically, due to the inclusion of the Toa-Dark Hunter War in Legacy of Evil, we actually learn more about Metru Nui's history in the Legends than we do in the Adventures.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#14 Offline X-Ray

X-Ray
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 613 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 10:41 PM

BIONICLE Chronicles wouldn't really fit in that case. I like the names as they are anyway. If you disregard the fact that almost the entirety of the Adventures are flashbacks, the Legends actually show more of the past:

1. All of Legacy of Evil.

2. The introduction of Inferno.

3. The introduction to Downfall.

4. Half of Swamp of Secrets.

If we look at the Adventures as taking place "now," we really learn more about what happened before (such as the creation of the Ignika, the history of the Piraka, the League of Six Kingdoms, the origin of the Toa Mata, etc.) while the Adventures don't explain much of Metru Nui's prehistory. Ironically, due to the inclusion of the Toa-Dark Hunter War in Legacy of Evil, we actually learn more about Metru Nui's history in the Legends than we do in the Adventures.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]That's a fair point, sir, but those titles you listed are only a small fractions of the series of adventures that were details in Legends. I do not have any real problem with the names as they are, but I still feel that the names would be more indicative of their series' content if they were swapped.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:[/color][/font]

#15 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 181 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well, you figure that 'Adventures' probably sounded like one of their coolest titles at the time, so what are you going to do when you write a later series? Pick an even cooler title than the last. You're right in that it canonically makes little sense, but I think the Bionicle crew was more concerned about what title would prove more eye-catching at the time of said series' release, and one that would keep current fans reading. *shrug*

If you have noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing.

#16 Offline Kooler186

Kooler186
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 48 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 08:01 AM

Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui becomes Bionicle Adventure, now you know someone probably screw it up.

#17 Offline Takanuva of Twilight

Takanuva of Twilight
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 01:46 PM

I actually thought of this a little while ago, and when you think about it it makes perfect sense. The Adventures series tells the tales about the adventures of past heroes, whereas the Legends series has legends coming to life, such as the Mask of Life, Karzahni, I think Artakha was seen later on. To the Matoran all of those things were just legends, but they were then seeing them with their own eyes.  ;)

#18 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,955 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 11:19 PM

That's what I was thinking, except that I forgot about Artahka and Karzahni.

#19 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,739 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 12:20 PM

[color=#006400;]Although I don't care much for the books and prefer comics, I would have to agree with you, X-Ray.[/color]

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users