Warlords and the Core War

From the information given about the Barraki and their reign, I got the feeling that a majority of the universe doesn't remember or doesn't know about the time when Pridak and co. literally ruled the universe. However, in that same amount of time on Sperus Magna, pretty much everyone and anyone remembers and knows about the core war that took place in a time before the Barraki even ruled. Am I overlooking something or is this just the way it really is? I suppose it's likely that more people than I'm thinking of actually remember the Barraki, but it still seemed like the world was supposed to have forgotten Pridak and co. Somewhere along these lines, I also have another time question. In both Bara-Magna and the MU, how many "generations" have past since the Shattering? It feels like there was only one generation added in at least Bara-Magna's case, but again, if the MU was supposed to have forgotten the Barraki, it seems like only one added generation (possibly no generation added at all considering the lack of reincarnation after the Red Star failed) wouldn't be enough to make universal rulers become forgotten.(Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, and if anything came out sounding idiotic =P)

I think, based on events in the MU, that their memory isn't as strong as those on SM. In the MU other things besides the Barraki were also mostly forgotten, becoming legends instead of recorded history. It also might be in part due to any mention of the League being expunged from almost every single historical document.

I think you have multiple generations living alongside each other in both cases.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well, not a complete answer, but here goes nothin'.

Keep in mind the mindwipe of the Metru/Mata Nui Matoran. They're the ones that the story is most focused around, so things are 'remembered' from their perspective, and they can't remember that time period. We haven't really gotten a huge chance to see if the general populace of most other locations has also forgotten that time.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well the barraki only tried to take over the universe and were stopped before they could do any real damage.The core war shattered a planet and changed life for the survivors for all time. A fare site more memorable.And the barraki never got to Metru nui where most of our main characters are from

Indeed, the Barakii never entered Metru Nui, also they did not do anything quite memorable, while the Elemental lords where respondible for the destruction of a whole planet, by so if the Bara Magmans lookn at their planet they'll remember the Lords, while in metru nui, was nothing wich reminded them of their reign so their ruling bacame a legend.

I'm back!

Didn't at least the Mahri Nui Matoran get a mindwipe too? Who really have we seen focused on that could give us any sense one way or another of whether they recall the Barraki? The Order? Besides, weren't the Barraki changed? With the possible exception of Ehlek?

As far as I know, the average Matoran and older Toa (though not many Toa are left) probably does remember them, but wouldn't necessarily connect them with these sea people if they met them. Even Ehlek; since he was water-breathing, it's possible they never saw him. Come to think of it, would the average person have seen the Barraki anyways? Or even known what they look like?

Basically, the MU story seems to have given us very little frame of reference for events so ancient being remembered.

However, there are some clues, like Teridax's memories from his early life, of Helryx's, or even Tahu (I think he was the one that remembered, yeah?).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Certainly they're probably not recognisable if people did remember them anymore, but I also think there's an element that history is as recent as its legacy. Spherus Magna was basically in recovery from the core war until Mata Nui fixed the planet, whereas the MU probably lost most signs of the Barraki's reign pretty quickly.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't