Extreme Kolhii: Now Extremer Than Ever

Hewkii Inika

extremekolhiibanner.png

Genre: Sports/Arcade

Players: 1-2 Players (in the current demo, 2-player has been temporarily taken out to fix some bugs, but it's still in the older demo)

Current Version: 1.1

I'm restarting this topic due to 1) the old one is long dead, and 2) I've made a TON of progress on this game since then. So there you go.

There's many Bionicle games out there, mostly fighters, some strategy, some platformers, whatever. Now, they're all great games, but I've noticed a rather peculiar dearth of games that use and expand the ones that already exist in the Bionicle universe, such as Kolhii and Akilini. Well, no one knows how Akilini works and it's not as cool as Kolhii, so here's Extreme Kolhii!

Features:

- Play against either one or two AI teams in a single-player match

- Play against a buddy in local multiplayer (again, a bit buggy at the moment, and I will fix the issues, but it's certainly still playable. Currently taken out temporarily for the latest demo for bug fixes)

- A shoot-o-meter for the player to control exactly how hard he shoots the Kolhii ball. If the button is released at the absolute maximum, you get a POWER SHOT, a much faster than normal shot.

- A humorous commentary courtesy of Nidhiki and Krekka. They comment on everything. Literally. Try shooting a ball into your own goal and listen to them make fun of you. :P

- Use power-ups such as a speed boost, freezing your opponents, getting a super-goalie, slowing down everything and everyone but you and your goalie, and other fun stuff.

- Weather that actually affects gameplay: snowy weather adds more friction to your character, while firestorms can suddenly drop a big lava bomb on your field that renders an area unplayable for a few seconds!

Controls:

For Player 1:

W - Move forward

S - Move backward

A - Turn to your left

D - Turn to your right

Space Bar - Shoot, steal, deflect, basically an action button.

For Player 2:

Up Arrow Key - Move forward

Down Arrow Key - Move backward

Left Arrow Key - Turn to your left

Right Arrow Key - Turn to your right

Ctrl - Action button

Screenshots:

Screenshot 1: Three teams battle in a FIRESTORM!!!

Screenshot 2: A snowy day at the Kolhii game

Screenshot 3: Two teams face off in a unique curved field.

Demos:

DEMO 1.1 (Adds the Vahi power-up plus fixes some little issues)

DEMO 1 (Now outdated, but download it for 2-player mode for now)

So? Any praise? Any complaints? Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Edited by Hewkii Inika

My sig is empty for now. Well, I guess now it isn't, lol.

well, nice to see a new game here! downloading now, after I play it, i'll get onto a review. the Nidihki and Krekka commentary sounds fun :D

REVIEW:

Well, this game is actually pretty fun! Makuta power up is awesome. the game is actually pretty well-coded. I would recommend changing the controls, however. kind of hard to steer that little guy. otherwise, this game is pretty cool! I definitely recommend this game.

You got a pretty nice game here. :) The gameplay itself occasionally leaves a few things to be desired, but that is mostly because only one attacking player is at the field at the same time. With a few options such as passing the ball, this would be taken to the next level.Power-ups are pretty cool, and the commentary definitely helps making this feel like a proper sports game. It's limited how long I play sports game at a time, but I must admit that the conversation made me play for longer than I might have otherwise. The reaction for a boosted power shot caught me by surprise, too. :P

Thanks guys! :D X-G 12, I hear that a lot about the controls, but just try and get used to them: the current way is, as far as I know, the most flexible way to move around while still allowing local multiplayer. Katuko, yeah, I'll probably add some more stuff to beef it up (I'm planning a campaign mode, plus different modes of gameplay) but I don't think I'll add passing: Kolhii is a two-player-per-team sport, and I'd like to keep it that way for now.

A new demo has been posted. Now a Vahi power-up has been added, which slows down EVERYTHING, from the weather to the announcers' commentary, except you and your goalie. ^_^ I also tweaked some things, and currently got rid of 2-player mode to fix some bugs (but you can still play it in the original demo, as I kept it up)

My sig is empty for now. Well, I guess now it isn't, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we download this on mac?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?