FURRYOUS FIGHTERS 64: THE FURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

dviddy

FURRYOUS FIGHTERS 64: THE FURSUIT OF HAPPINESS-An official BBC CONTEST PRODUCTION-

partyrock64.gifFrom the people who brought you such hits as "You're Fired!" and "BOLT VANDERHUGE", comes the new SMASH SENSATION SWEEPING THE BBC.This year fans were given the sensational new CHIMA line from LEGO. It is a cool line where the characters are anthropomorphic animal warriors, in the same vein as other cool properties, like Thundercats, or Beast Wars. This exciting line couples cool fantasy battle epics with animal-themed warriors.Your goal this contest is simple: build an animal-themed warrior. It can be an anthropomorphic animal, like in Chima, or it can be a more human warrior in armour that represents an animal (like a knight wearing animal-themed armour). That sounds redundant but I wanted it to be clear and concise! It just has to be an animal-themed warrior!You may enter only ONE MOC for this contest. No vehicles, steeds, or the like will be accepted. Only one warrior per member.This contest DOES NOT require mailing your MOC, so there's no postage standing in your way this time. Let's see what you guys can do!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Entries begin being accepted as soon as this topic is posted, and will stop being accepted on Thursday, February 14th at 10:59 P.M. PST. We will accept unlimited entries for this contest, so there's no need to rush your entry. To enter, simply post a link to your .jpg or .gif entry picture in this topic. Your entry post in this thread should appear as follows:Entry Name:Entry Pic URL:Topic URL (if applicable):------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A running tally of entrants will be updated daily IN A SEPARATE PINNED TOPIC, which will be posted shortly after the first entries are received.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Voting Process:Preliminary Voting begins February 15th and ends February 18th at 10:59 P.M. PST.Final Voting begins February 19th and ends February 20th at 10:59 P.M. PST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on February 21st.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rules:1) Your entry may not have been published prior to the start of this contest. You may make your own topic before posting in the official entry thread, but you must create a post in the entry topic before it is closed in order to be officially entered. If, after posting your entry anywhere on BZP but before officially entering it (including the blogs), you modify it and then enter it, you will be disqualified. You may only start one topic for your entry. Please post only one main pic in this entry thread and a link to the rest of the pics in the gallery on your image host (most likely Brickshelf, Photobucket, or Flickr). You can do pictures as normal in your own separate thread. If you need help posting pictures, please see this topic.2) Don't PM the contest host unless you have to. Ask questions in this topic and the host or an assistant will answer it.3) Painted parts are NOT ALLOWED. No non-LEGO parts. All other LEGO parts are fair game; however, for the most part, they should be Bionicle pieces and Technic pieces. Let's say, at least 65% of the MOC Bionicle/Technic parts. Pictures in which the appearance of the MOC has been edited in Photoshop or other editing software are also prohibited. If either method is used, the MOC will be disqualified. The background may be edited, as long as it does not alter the appearance of the MOC.

• 3b) LDD is not allowed. MOCs must be real.

4) Only one entry per member. You cannot switch or modify models mid contest. Once you have entered, you may not "un-enter" your models and enter new or modified ones in their stead. You may opt to bow out of the contest for whatever reason but you cannot reenter under such a situation. If you get disqualified for any reason, you will not be allowed to reenter with another MOC in that contest.5) Any flaming will result in disqualification from the contest. Competition is good if you keep it clean. Everyone play fair, NO WHINING, no insults. I reserve the right to DQ any entry at any time for any reason.6) Absolutely, positively NO CHEATING! Anyone found to be cheating or even suspected of cheating will face immediate disqualification from this contest and will be banned from participating in future contests. They will likely also be banned from the site. Mods know this information, so you're not fooling anyone but yourself by thinking you can get away with it. We run a check on people with multiple accounts too, which is an offense that results in banning from BZP entirely, aside from the contest... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.7) No "this is unfair" posting. Some people have more parts, money, time, tea, esspresso beans, etc than others. That's life; we each have to do our best with what we have. Any excessive complaining may, at the judgment of the contest runner, disqualify you!8) Discussion is encouraged. Feel free to ask questions about models you see or about the contest in general. This is for us, the BBC builders; let's have some fun with it.9) The contest is open to all BZP members, and voting is open to all BZP members to participate in even if they did not enter an MOC. "Advertising" your MOC is fine by making a signature or avatar reminding people to vote for you, but mass-PMing is frowned upon and will just get you disqualified. Advertising your MOC in someone else's thread is also a major no-no. Spamming may result in proto loss or even post-count reductions, so don't do it.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Prizes:Prizes will be announced at a later date.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contest Hosts:DeeVee

Tufi PiyufiContest Assistant:MakaruWell, what are you waiting for? Get building already!

Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Just to be clear, we're allowed to post WIP pictures and the like on other sites before we post the final MOC here?Also, can we have multiple MOCs as part of the same entry, though not multiple individual entries? (Not sure if that makes sense.)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Just to be clear, we're allowed to post WIP pictures and the like on other sites before we post the final MOC here?Also, can we have multiple MOCs as part of the same entry, though not multiple individual entries? (Not sure if that makes sense.)

Only one MOC, only one entry.

Can the prize be a fursuit please

Unless someone's donating one, I wouldn't hold your breath.

How do you donate prize?

You may contact D.Viddy or myself and we will arrange something somehow.

Would Link as a wolf from Twilight Princess be allowed? He's not humanoid, though, he's a wolf. But with blue eyes and a triforce and stuff.

All entries must be humanoid/anthropomorphic. If you are unsure your entry fits the guidelines, feel free to contact me via PM before posting your entry on BZP, and I will let you know if it fits.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

These are probably stupid questions, but I must ask anyways:

1. Can the animal chosen be a fantastical/mythical animal, like a dragon or a unicorn?

2. Can the animal chosen be a DINOSAUR? (please please please PLEASE say yes :P)

3. Can the chosen animal and/or humanoid be something from a video game/movie/TV show/book/comic?

4. Can the animal chosen be an insect/arachnid/crustacean/etc.?

5. Can the animal chosen be a mix of different animals, like the model pictured on the right, and so look like the model pictured on the left (link)?

6. Relating to said picture above, can the entry be a Transformer between an animal figure and a humanoid figure?

EDIT: 7. Can we have the warrior have several different weapons that they could have, like a sword and shield in one image and an axe in another (all on the same entry image, of course)?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Zorrakh

These are probably stupid questions, but I must ask anyways:

1. Can the animal chosen be a fantastical/mythical animal, like a dragon or a unicorn?

2. Can the animal chosen be a DINOSAUR? (please please please PLEASE say yes :P)

3. Can the chosen animal and/or humanoid be something from a video game/movie/TV show/book/comic?

4. Can the animal chosen be an insect/arachnid/crustacean/etc.?

5. Can the animal chosen be a mix of different animals, like the model pictured on the right, and so look like the model pictured on the left (link)?

6. Relating to said picture above, can the entry be a Transformer between an animal figure and a humanoid figure?

EDIT: 7. Can we have the warrior have several different weapons that they could have, like a sword and shield in one image and an axe in another (all on the same entry image, of course)?

Thanks. :)

1- Yes

2- Yes

3- Yes/No, please keep all animal themes to either real-life animals (this includes extinct ones), or ones from mythology. No aliens or creatures from television or video games. (Humanoid but wolf-Link would work because the animal is a wolf, get it?)

4- Yes

5- Yes

6- No

7- Yes

I'll attempt to enter this, but isn't 14 days a little short for a BBC contest?

With few exceptions, BBC contest have always been two weeks.

This does sound fun, and i hope to join in on this one.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Cool concept, very interested.

The only problem I have is how I'm supposed to get an animal head

That's gonna make this contest very interesting. So many mocs just rehash BIONICLE masks. This one should challenge people to make new head ideas.

Orrrrrr just overuse savage planet helmets.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Cool concept, very interested.

The only problem I have is how I'm supposed to get an animal head

That's gonna make this contest very interesting. So many mocs just rehash BIONICLE masks. This one should challenge people to make new head ideas.

Orrrrrr just overuse savage planet helmets.

I don't have any savage planet sets, so you can at least count on me attempting to be creative.:P

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Hm... I may have to enter this one. I've got a couple ideas that have been dying to see the light of day, but I have questions first.

Number 1: If I were to do something like a dragon or a hawk, can the figure's arms actually BE the wings, or would that be too far of a step from a humanoid figure, so long as it still had a torso, two legs and a head?

Number 2: To what extent should "humanoid" be applied? For example, Jawblade from HF--would that sort of thing be too much of a stretch? Because I had one idea that involved a snake tail in place of legs, but the waist up would be humanoid. Does that make sense?

I suppose that's all I've got for now. Looking forward to what everyone else comes up with! This definitely sounds like a fun contest idea.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Hm... I may have to enter this one. I've got a couple ideas that have been dying to see the light of day, but I have questions first.

Number 1: If I were to do something like a dragon or a hawk, can the figure's arms actually BE the wings, or would that be too far of a step from a humanoid figure, so long as it still had a torso, two legs and a head?

Number 2: To what extent should "humanoid" be applied? For example, Jawblade from HF--would that sort of thing be too much of a stretch? Because I had one idea that involved a snake tail in place of legs, but the waist up would be humanoid. Does that make sense?

I suppose that's all I've got for now. Looking forward to what everyone else comes up with! This definitely sounds like a fun contest idea.

signoffffff.png

1- That would be okay

2- Jawblade would be too much of a stretch, because he's just a shark with arms. But a snake person with a snake tail, a head, arms, and a humanoid torso would be fine. As would a humanoid torso with six arms, two legs, a head, and a spider abdomen. Keep it upright and humanoid, but that doesn't mean it can't have extra limbs or a tail. If that makes sense?

Just to be sure, I can Pm some friends and show them my MOC and ask for advice can't I?

That should be fine, it just can't have been published on BZP. As PMs are private, that is okay. However, do note that mass-PMs and the like asking for votes further into the contest are not okay.

Just to be sure, I can Pm some friends and show them my MOC and ask for advice can't I?

That should be fine, it just can't have been published on BZP. As PMs are private, that is okay. However, do note that mass-PMs and the like asking for votes further into the contest are not okay.

No problem, just one multiple person pm with my closest friends here.

I'm back!

1- That would be okay

2- Jawblade would be too much of a stretch, because he's just a shark with arms. But a snake person with a snake tail, a head, arms, and a humanoid torso would be fine. As would a humanoid torso with six arms, two legs, a head, and a spider abdomen. Keep it upright and humanoid, but that doesn't mean it can't have extra limbs or a tail. If that makes sense?

So, if extra limbs are fine, would something with a body like a centaur be okay? That would be upright in general, humanoid from torso up, but would have mutiple legs and an elongated abdomen area.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

1- That would be okay

So, if extra limbs are fine, would something with a body like a centaur be okay? That would be upright in general, humanoid from torso up, but would have mutiple legs and an elongated abdomen area.

~B~

I'm okay with extra limbs or a fusing of the limbs into a tail- a horse body would not be okay. Sorry.

1- That would be okay

So, something reminiscent of the Serpentine generals would be fine?

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

1- That would be okay

So, something reminiscent of the Serpentine generals would be fine?

Yes.

Hmm... not quite clear on this. The stipulations for "humanoid" and/or "anthropomorphic" are that it must have a human-like torso and head? Because the answers regarding this have been odd and kinda inconsistent (i.e. yes to snake-man but no to centaur - which still has a human torso and head included).

Anyhow, I probably won't enter, but just in case I do I'd like to not be dq'd. (Yes, I know I can PM it to check, but still.)

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Hmm... not quite clear on this. The stipulations for "humanoid" and/or "anthropomorphic" are that it must have a human-like torso and head? Because the answers regarding this have been odd and kinda inconsistent (i.e. yes to snake-man but no to centaur - which still has a human torso and head included).

Anyhow, I probably won't enter, but just in case I do I'd like to not be dq'd. (Yes, I know I can PM it to check, but still.)

That's not really inconsistent. Two legs or a big tail is very different from an entire horse body. I don't consider a centaur an anthropomorphic horse-person. It's half-and-half, which is not anthropomorphic. However, a snake person with arms and a torso and head is an anthropomorphic snake. A horse-person is not the same thing as a centaur.

An insect person could have the abdomen, and extra arms, but not extra legs to keep the humanoid thing.

That's not really inconsistent. Two legs or a big tail is very different from an entire horse body. I don't consider a centaur an anthropomorphic horse-person. It's half-and-half, which is not anthropomorphic. However, a snake person with arms and a torso and head is an anthropomorphic snake. A horse-person is not the same thing as a centaur.

An insect person could have the abdomen, and extra arms, but not extra legs to keep the humanoid thing.

so if we build insect person it must be have extra arms?

so if we build insect person it must be have extra arms?

Of course not. That's up to you!

Am I allowed to build a bust? Say...shoulders up? How about chest up, to make it clear that he/she/it has got arms?

I'm going to say no. We're looking for full figures for this contest.