Question about the Vahi

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

I got a question about the Vahi that no one will probably get the answer to:p, but could discuss about it.How come the Vahi is tied to time? Okay, time was already existing long before the Great Disks were made. My theory is that Artahka managed to trap the power of time in them.

It is the physical object that controls the protodermic power of time, which is keyed into the Matoran Universe specifically. Artakha did not create the power though he may have known how and had a hand in making sure it came to pass thanks to his own Legendary Mask. Toa Vakama made the Disk of Time (then the Mask of Time) from the Great Disks, in the same Kanoka mixture process that was used for normal masks on Metru Nui in recent years.

It's not so much that the Vahi has a special hold on time as it being a Legendary power creates a serious downside -- it cannot be safely destroyed, at least not within a certain range of the MU (not sure if taking it far away would work). So time, and Time-based subpowers, existed beforehand, but now the ultimate Time power was made and couldn't be unmade without serious consequences.

And as for "why would anyone do this", remember that Makuta wanted the power of time for his own evil purposes. I dunno if someone else had a good purpose in mind and maybe influenced Makuta to do that, but at the very least, we know this downside came about as a result or consequence of evil choices on Makuta's part. Another thing we're not sure of though is if he was aware of that serious downside when he commissioned Vakama to make the mask. It's possible he had no idea, but either way, he is at least partially to blame.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

What that would destroy is not time itself in the sense of spacetime (making things cease to exist), but rather destroying the linear, simple, and safe nature of time, and only within the Matoran Universe (we later learned from Greg). Really it would unleash far more time, so that it loops back on itself many times.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 4 weeks later...

Er, I don't think that Artahka had anything to do with it - like he put the essence of time in the disks or something. I thought it was:

Enlarge + Regenerate + Weaken + Freeze + Teleport + Reconstitute At Random + Massive Amount of Energy = Time.

Vakama arrived at this through guesswork. Even Makuta didn't know (or at least, didn't appear to know) about how to make the Mask or that he needed to get Great Disks to do it - otherwise he probably would have sent the Toa Mangai to get them before killing them off - or he would have got them himself...

I think the Vahi just taps into time. It can manipulate it. Think of it like a hose, it can control where the water will go, but does not control water itself, it just manipulates it to go where it wants it to go. It also controls the power, distance, and how the water comes out. If you add a special nossil, you can control its shape and form as well I.E. the mist and jet setting mist being the small amout(slowing down time) to the jet setting(sending one back or forward into time). When Vakama said it would destroy time itself, I think he ment our way of seeing time. It would apper different due to the vahi being comprimised and the perspective of it would apper manipulated. Not destroying time itself, but the MU inhabbitants perspective on how time would apper.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

well all of this begs one question.. if the Vahi and Ignika are the two legendary masks, which is stronger :o

It's not a matter of "stronger". They are at about the same power level (which is, really powerful), but have different powers. You can't really compare time to life, they are too different to compare strength. Besides, if the Vahi was to be shattered, time in the MU would be "destroyed", and if the Ignika were to reach its countdown then all life in the MU would be destroyed. The latter might seem worse, but the former is pretty bad. So IMO you can't say which one is stronger. Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

well all of this begs one question.. if the Vahi and Ignika are the two legendary masks, which is stronger :o

There was a recentish topic on this and basically the collective conclusion is, "We have no idea." :P

And just in case there was confusion (unsure), there are three Legendary masks including Creation. But you probably didn't mean it that way. Just making sure. ^_^