Castle Triumviratum

TahuForever!

Welcome to Castle Triumviratum, a castle wedged between two cliffs, both serving as a stronghold to protect the kingdoms beyond, and as the officially designated meeting place for the Three Kings of the Three United Kingdoms.

I built this a couple of years ago, and while it's nothing compared to other castles I've seen, I'm fairly pleased with it. it is the first model I've made of this scale, though, and it looks a lot better than any other large-ish scale MOCs I've made. (the pirate ship was pathetic...)

Here's a little info on the layout: The front tower holds the wizards’ study, and another room above it with adjoining platform. In the rear tower lies the throne room, with the three allied kings standing atop it. The side towers are guard-towers, complete with catapults.

The courtyard is made up of a ring around the outer edge, and a lowered area in the center. Each corner has its own purpose: forge, armory, kitchen, and apothecary. The lower area has a training dummy and a door to the prison cell.

One of my favorite parts of the design is the walls, mostly the sides and the back. I love the look of it. I also love the general design of the walls, battlements, and towers ringing the courtyard, even though the courtyard itself is rather tiny.

Without further ado, on to the pictures!

Full View

Drawbridge, Front

Drawbridge, Top

Forward Tower

Rear Tower

Rear Wall In All Its Glory

Side Wall

The Three Kings

Three Way Practice Duel

Kitchen

Forge

Apothecary

Armoury

Lion Queen And Prince

Royal Guard

There are a few more pictures in the gallery, which is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=520320

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

What does it mean to "deeplink"? And are you sure the gallery isn't public? It comes up fine for me, even when I'm logged out of Brickshelf.

Also, is there some way to change the order of the pictures in the gallery? I want to change which one is first, as that's the cover image, without having to re-upload them all.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time

What does it mean to "deeplink"? And are you sure the gallery isn't public? It comes up fine for me, even when I'm logged out of Brickshelf.

Also, is there some way to change the order of the pictures in the gallery? I want to change which one is first, as that's the cover image, without having to re-upload them all.

"Deeplinking them is by clicking the pictures itself and copying the url to a post.

And there is no way to change the order, trust me. I've got a MOC in Brickshelf, that I wish I could change the order of it.

Oh...it's now public.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Finally! :P

Nice building. I liked very much the armory and the courtyard with the practice dummy. I can see a big attention for details here. The kitchen is good in my opinion as well. The apothecary, instead, looks kinda poor, IMO.

May I ask what gave you the idea to call it "Triumviratum"? Is it related to the Three Kingdoms/Three Kings thing?

"Deeplinking them is by clicking the pictures itself and copying the url to a post.

And there is no way to change the order, trust me. I've got a MOC in Brickshelf, that I wish I could change the order of it.

Oh...it's now public.

As in, link directly to individual pictures, and not just the gallery itself? But I did...

Bah. That's a pain.

Finally! :P

Nice building. I liked very much the armory and the courtyard with the practice dummy. I can see a big attention for details here. The kitchen is good in my opinion as well. The apothecary, instead, looks kinda poor, IMO.

May I ask what gave you the idea to call it "Triumviratum"? Is it related to the Three Kingdoms/Three Kings thing?

Hey, glad you like it. :) But come to think of it, the "apothecary" is a bit of a misnomer... That girl is supposed to be a doctor/nurse, and the furniture there is just a bed and a table with medicine on it, I'm not sure what else a medieval doctor should have. Nor, indeed, what one ought to call a medieval doctor. :P

Any suggestions?

And the name is mostly a place-holder name. Despite having had the castle for two years, I never did settle on a name I liked. :P But yeah, the "tri" is a reference to the fact that the castle signifies the union of the Three Kingdoms, and the rest just sorta sounds cool. :P

As in, link directly to individual pictures, and not just the gallery itself? But I did...

Not quite. This is a deeplinked picture. You just have to click it one more time before grabbing the url. And when you upload images, they are listed in alphabetical or numerical order. So, in the future, you might try numbering the files in the order you want them to appear, and upload them with the numbers as the filenames. Hope that's at least marginally helpful.Anyway, as for the castle itself, it looks a bit jumbled and crowded when viewed in full, but the details are great. I particularly like the training dummy in the courtyard.The grey and bley mixed together seem to clash a bit, but in a model this size, I understand that can't really be helped. It's why I generally stick to a smaller scale. :PThis is a very ambitious creation and I think you have done quite well.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Nice castle. My only complaint is that the center tower isn't centered, or at least not symmetrical, when it should be. Other than that, it's pretty good. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Jacks, I see. Thanks for the explanation. And yeah, next time I should be able to get the cover I want. Using numbers is a good idea.

It is rather a little castle with not a lot of space for anyone. Crowded. A barracks or two would have been nice, too, but alas, the poor guardsmen have to sleep wherever they can while I guess the royals have to sleep in the throne chamber. Actually, I think the middle rooms in the two side towers may have been meant to be barracks, but I never got around to furnishing them, whatever they were supposed to be.

Well, yeah, the different shades of grey clash, but what real castle ever had stones all of the exact same hue? :) In a large spaceship it's more of an issue... And unfortunately I can't take credit for the training dummy, that came from the Lego Kingdoms advent calendar. :P

Meiko, the center tower is centered, but no, it's not symmetrical. I suppose it might make sense to have a balcony on each side. And thank you. :)

Thanks, Valendale! I'm happy with the amount of details I was able to fit in there. It would have been nice if I'd fit barracks in there, though. There's also a small space under the front tower and behind those stairs which I did nothing with... That and the middle rooms in the side towers can be the barracks. Voila!

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time