Your childhood and bionicle!

Rok

Hello guys, oldfriend here. I haven't been on these boards since bionicle has ended. And I'm surprised to see these boards still so active. I'm here because I was looking in my closet for a jacket and stumbled apon my old collection of bionicles. My whole childhood was with bionicle, following the storyline, collecting ever bionicle I could get my hands on, building MOCs and lurking Bzp. I am throughly enjoying these fond memories, so how do you remember the golden days Bzp ?

Yeah I did it! 200 posts!

Well I wasn't on BZP at the time when the Bionicle story line was still up. Not to be rude to everyone here, but when I stumbled upon BZP when I was young, I didn't really like the way the Forums place looked. It looked all, I don't know, old. It looked different than other forum sites. But now that I'm here now, it feels great still.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

It was the best. I have extraordinarly fond memories of going to my local Target, buying Rahkshi and Takanuva when they came out, watching the BIONICLE movies the day of release, BIONICLE costumes on Halloween, calling every week to see if the Inika were in stock, recieving sets for birthdays and Christmas, winning prototypes from BZP... my childhood has been very BIONICLE centered, as you may have guessed.

Of course, there were other things as well, but BIONICLE will always be a defining section of my childhood.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

The golden days to me were just when there we so much more people here talking about BIONICLE. I still like being here, but the life of the subforums and places like General Discussion was much better. :P

I have to agree with Invi with this one. I remember how there were topics left and right almost every second. The good old days of BZP hahaha! Oh well, but yeah I remember Bionicle coming out for the first time. I was a member of the Lego Magazine and still remembered seeing the images. Maan- makes me feel old now haha!

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

The golden days of Bionicle, for me, were when new sets and books came out. I really enjoyed collecting them. I also remember lurking around BZP before becoming a member. I do miss the times when the forums had a lot more members posting in them, but I still enjoy being on BZP regardless.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh my. That was a LONG time ago. Let me try and call back some memories…

While I wasn't on the forums during Bionicle's run, I remember visiting Bionicle.com and being fascinated by the website (I don't know why, as there wasn't much to see there except flash games I didn't have time for, wallpapers I never downloaded, and a products list I never used :P). I also distinctly recall the sense of wonder and excitement that game with each January LEGO Magazine, with the character descriptions and cool action poses, all spiffed up with a bit of computer editing of course. To this day, I wish I could still get that awe out of Bionicle, but considering there aren't any story updates, it's just been slipping out of my life. That DOES NOT mean that I'm leaving this site. Far from it. But I am losing interest in the Bionicle story. It's just hard to find fascination with a story that won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

My childhood revolved around Bionicles. I got Bionicles for Christmas, for Birthdays, anytime there'd be a gift there'd be Bionicles. I had several books, which have been read thousands of times. I founded two of my best friendships over Bionicles - talking about the latest developments during recess together. By 2009, I decided to leave the hobby due to the necessity of being "cool" in middle school. But then I got into transformers, and just recently have returned to Bionicle. I remember being unable to beat the first level of Bionicle: The Game. I didn't know of BZP for all of Bionicle's existence, so I can't really delve into that.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Mostly collecting the sets and drawing stuff loosely connected to the Bionicle-verse. I mean, after all it was what got me into drawing... and basically, Bionicle was my first "real fandom". ^^

I kinda miss the days when there was so much discussion regarding the storyline on here that you could even throw in a few thoughts if you weren't 100% up-to-date, though. :shrugs:

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

BIONICLE defined my childhood. I remember every year getting a list of all the sets and then counting them off as I got them, and every year I managed to get every set. I never did much re-enactment of the storyline (come to think of it, did anyone do that?), but playing with them and my own storylines was big. I still do the latter, but no longer the former, as the LEGO I've accumulated is devoted to building things, not playing with them.Aw man, I'm nostalgia-ing hard now. I remember laying down on the floor of the spare bedroom at my grandmother's house right after the Rahkshi came out, and wondering what I'd do if they ever ended BIONICLE. When they finally did, I no longer had serious attachment to it ... in some ways, it's a shame, but in others it's a blessing.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

bionicle, and bzpower, defined my childhood to me. It taught how to write, and how to invent and how to create and how to take photographs and how to deal with people over the internet and how to crawl for news and the pains of losing a friend and the joys of making new ones.I have fond memories of just before moving away from my old school, a friend convinced all fo the boys in our class to go on a wild goose chase...we each had assigned a kanohi, and they wanted to to help me get mine before I moved. Sadly, we could never mange to climb to the top of the tree that was bent in that particular shape, but still...great, now I feel old. And sad.

{Z}

Those were the days. I think my first proper Bionicle set was Tahu Nuva. I remember watching all of the movies, although I wasn't particularly intrigued in the storyline until I actually delved into it around the release of the Phantoka. Then I saw how deep it really was. Sigh.

2010 Set Progress- Stars: 6/6 - Collectable Minifigs: 6/16
bioyearone.png
flickr)-((Organized) Confusion)-(Shadow Enclosures
Ventorus Website

I remember my past on BZPower for my terribly noobish actions before the boards had the major downtime, and then even a few months after they came back online. Nowadays, I'd much rather consider current time my 'golden days', since people seem to really appreciate what I do in the LEGO community, running two fairly popular and successful fansites/references, constantly keeping people updated on current events in LEGO, and bringing people new information and such. I feel I've done a much better job being more of a help than a nuisance here on BZPower in the past year.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

I didn't know about Bionicle until 2006, but I didn't stop liking it. I would come home after school and take them out to play. Now, I would sometimes go on websites and but older sets until my mom stopped me.

The golden days. The days when there was playing with Bionicle's of all kind and not really knowing about the storyline.

Same with me. In fact, I didn't know about it until 2007, when I read the comics, and found out about the rest in 2008, when I "raided" my local library and took out most of the Bionicle books there :D

I might of stumbled upon BZPower within these few years but only signed up about a month ago.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

Back when the series was still going, I remember the most exciting thing at the beginning of a new year was getting a LEGO magazine and getting to see all the new Bionicle. Ever since I started getting Bionicle sets(2004), it was probably my favorite thing to do/play with. Practically 24/7. Ah, it was gold.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I was with it from its very beginning until the end, or from when I was four until I was 13. I loved the sets, whatever amount of the story I could comprehend, everything about it. I still build with my sets and play from time to time, but it just isn't the same without the story or my childhood.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Also being one who just decided to see how the site was going, not really visiting since the end, it is quite amazing really. But Bionicle really was my childhood, so much so even my mum understood the storyline at one point! I still have everything, and still have a few on the shelves as I simply have nothing else to put there,

I remember coming in as the Nuva appeared, and getting them and the bohrok, and many other things. Life was so exiciting back then. I can remember the excitement of a new wave of 6 main characters coming out, and saving up my pocket money each month to get a new one. Boy, those were the days. Music is my only saviour now from the stark reality that is A Levels...

kerplunkagadunka.png
I am Gadunkas Brother. Yee Hah.
oneyearvahi.giftwoyearavohkii.gif

I didn't find out about BZP until last year, actually, and man was I was delighted to discover that the fandom was still going strong, even after all this time. I thought I was the last fan over the age of 16, ha ha. I remember not being entirely happy with whatever Lego had out in the two/three years leading up to 2001. Nothing appealed to me. But the sneak-peeks into Bionicle definitely piqued my interest, and I couldn't wait for the sets and the comics to be released. Finally, it's June of '01 and my mom hands me my Lego Club magazine as we're leaving to run some errands, and lo and behold, there's The Coming of the Toa, right there in my heands. Despite my susceptibility to headaches caused by reading in a moving vehicle, I think I read that comic ten times on that trip; and I will tell you right now, that headache was worth it, ha ha. (And the art style of Carlos D'Anda is still my favorite.)I'm ashamed to say that I never went out of my way to procure every Bionicle set ever released, but I still have the original Tahu sitting right here next to my computer, as well as every comic ever released packed away somewhere, and that's enough for me. Tahu was the first model I ever got, and my most treasured. I've lost count of how many times I took him and other models outside with me and pretended that the moss-filled woods out back was the island of Mata Nui. I have to say, my most favorite part of the entire series was the beginning of the story until the Metru Nui saga (back when the story was much simpler, ha ha), but I still love the entire series. The Voya Nui/Mahri Nui saga was the weirdest for me, but I think that's primarily due to the odd art style they went with, and they were starting to loose me with all of the side stories and such. I also have to thank Bionicle for Cryoshell. Best. Music. Ever. My poor lil' iPod has had to put up with my having played Creeping in my Soul a couple hundred times in the last few years, and that's not counting their other singles, ha ha. Thank you, Bionicle, for ten unforgettable years of awesome. *salute*

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I mostly followed the story through my big bro. He made up different stories and different characters for me as well, but when Matoro died, he told me and I just remember being in a way that can only be described with weird emoticons and spellings.

:o "Whuuut?" :( :begging: :( :o

Yeah. That was basically how it went. And then I read it.

But I remember when Bionicle ended and I was reading the comics as they were posted on BZPower, because in the UK, we didn't get the Bionicle comics. My only closure came from the audio and scans..

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I got my first bionicle in 2001, but had a fleeting interest in it from then till 2006, when I picked up two inika sets and became heavily into the story. AFter 2006 ended, however, I went back to being barely interested. Then 2008, 09, and 10 happened. For those three years Bionicle became my main thing, I have all of the 2008 sets and all of the 2009 main characters line and Agori. I also have all of the stars.

- Jerzy

This is exactly the topic I was looking for today, just barely having discovered this account is still working after 7 years of not being in use. Bionicle was a big part of my childhood, perhaps second only to Star Wars. I find it funny now looking at my Lego inventory on Brickset how much Bionicle sets I own in comparison to 'traditional' Lego sets (about 2/3 of my collection). I still love my Bionicle sets and am often surprised at how a large part of the Lego community greater shuns the theme due to it not using traditional Lego bricks .

When I was a kid Bionicle was huge to me. I still vividly remember the day I got my first set, the original Lewa. I recall my astonishment at how Lewa's mask was so smooth in comparison to a normal Lego brick. I followed the theme over the next few years, especially being drawn into it by the awesome comics which came with the Lego Club Magazine. I played the Mata Nui Online Game, watched the first three movies, and read most of the novels. I still have copies of book reports I made in grade school on the Bionicle books! The theme reached it's peak for me in 2006, I felt that year offered some of the best sets, and the story of Voya Nui was much darker and 'cooler' than previous years stories (I still can't listen to All American Rejects without thinking of the 'Save the Band' marketing campaign). It was around that time I joined these forums. Unfortunately 2007 was a deal breaker for me, to me the story did not seem as exciting as it once was. After buying a handful of Barahki; I just decided one day, out of the blue, I was done with Bionicle.

Only a few years later did I look back on Bionicle with a favorable eye. While I never again bought a Bionicle set, I eventually caught back up with the story. I was shocked by the death of Matoro, surprised at Makuta's master plan, and ultimately resolved when I saw the Tahu Mata of my childhood fight alongside the last generation of Bionicle heroes. Yet I eventually left Bionicle as a cherished part of my childhood. Since then I have become more interested in the greater AFOL community, I now read sites such as Brickset, Eurobricks, MOCpages and others. While I am more into traditional Lego bricks now, I still have a soft spot for any good Bio-MOC I see online. Every now and then I get a good kick reading what happened to my favorite Toas on the Bionicle Wiki, or reading about the mechanics of the Bionicle story on TV Tropes. Which leads me back to today, where to my shock my old BZpower account was still online, ready to take me briefly back to my childhood.

So to join in with the other old Bionicle veterans, I thank Lego for a significant part of my childhood. And as they say, "Unity, Duty, Destiny".

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Bionicle was my childhood. Almost every afternoon I would build with my brother or keep up with the story either through bionicle.com or the many Bionicle books I owned. I didn't find BZPower until relatively late in Bionicle's lifetime, but I instantly connected with it. Now, every time I have to dust off my Bionicle shelf, all those memories come back

-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

How do I remember the gold days is by reminencing the things I use to do and being active. I guess being here made me who I am and what I want to profession. Look at me now I am already making websites and other cool stuff! I am glad I partook in the Bionicle craze of 2001 and got so inspired by it. I still have my collection... I don't ever think I'll ever sell them or give them away.

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

I wasn't here until around 2008 or so, but I remember when the forums were more active than now...

I was hooked on BIONICLE back when it was still up and running. Fun times man, fun times.

I played around with them a lot on the floor, making up random battles and cheesy stories for fun.

Nowadays I'm too busy to do so - it's a shame, growing up.

Same here! :(

Edited by Liopleurodon

Bionicle were very big in my childhood. I remember getting huge sets for christmas, then is sort of going down. I will say, I did shed a tear when I heard that Bionicle was ending. I am very glad that these forums are still active and that so many people who share my interest in bionicle frequent it.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I think it's safe to say BIONICLE pretty much defined my childhood. There are so many good memories in a way related to it, so many things that would have been totally different without BIONICLE and without BZPower that I would have truly been another person. I still feel good when checking stuff like the old online games and animations. :)I'm not sad that it's over. I'm not sad that I'm growing up and that many many things are different to the golden days of BIONICLE because I look forward to what's ahead and I have long moved on. But whenever I'm sad or I long for the old days, I know where to look for fond memories. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I was just 4 years old when I first heard of BIONICLE. I use to be scared of my Onewa Hordika because of the picture of him on his canister. But after I started to play with his Rhotuka I felt it was fun. I decided to go to the website after I read the back of the canister. Suprised huh. I knew how to use a laptop even though I was just 4. ;). Those were nice memories. But I don't remember the old age of BZP cuz I joined this site on 2012.