• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 70501 Warrior Bike

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 01:49 AM

tn_70501-warrior-bike-teaser.jpg
The Final Battle for Ninjago includes yet another motorbike, and this time it's driven by the evil Samurai Warrior. He's chasing after Jay with his electro blade, ready to bring this last fight to the ninjas. Is this a set worth picking up, or is it something that should stay stranded on the Island of Darkness? Read on and find out!

View the full article

#2 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 10:12 AM

Good review. I can definitely agree on most of the pros and cons pointed out in the review. Overall, I wouldn't rate this set as highly as Kai's Blade Cycle from last year, but it could certainly hold its own against Lasha's Bite Cycle or the Skull Motorbike, each of which had its share of flaws.One thing early in the review that wasn't mentioned is a feature of this wave's packaging that disappointed me somewhat. Instead of shiny character art on the back of the boxes, these sets feature screenshots of the sets' subjects as they appear in the show. I get that the character art on the back of previous boxes was primarily a way to reuse promotional images created for the trading cards and marketing materials, which means that there's less incentive to create it for this small 2013 wave which lacks any cards or spinners. But at the same time, the episode screenshots are too small to be all that impressive, and end up feeling like a lackluster placeholder image.I look forward to getting this set, but since I can no longer count on LEGO store discounts during Brickfair, I'm going to have to put some serious thought into when and how I get it...

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-January 07
  • 594 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 05:30 PM

I should point out that the style of launcher the Warrior bike has isn't new. Its been used before in the vikings sets. Specifically the viking catapult vs the Nidhogg Dragon

http://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=7017-1 and the Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent http://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=7018-1

The design isn't the same but the launching mechanism works the same way.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

#4 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts

Posted Feb 03 2013 - 05:34 PM

I should point out that the style of launcher the Warrior bike has isn't new. Its been used before in the vikings sets. Specifically the viking catapult vs the Nidhogg Dragonhttp://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=7017-1 and the Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent http://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=7018-1 The design isn't the same but the launching mechanism works the same way.
And you forgot the grand poo-bah of such sets, the Army of Vikings with Heavy Artillery Wagon. TWO such launchers, attached to a crankshaft so they alternate until they've fired both magazines.PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

#5 Offline Junkbot Master of Trash

Junkbot Master of Trash
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 20-May 05
  • 2,528 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 09:48 PM

In fact, it's older than the Vikings sets, having first appeared in the Dino Attack set Fire Hammer vs. Mutant Lizards.

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 08:07 AM

In fact, it's older than the Vikings sets, having first appeared in the Dino Attack set Fire Hammer vs. Mutant Lizards.

Not really "older," considering the Vikings sets and Dino Attack sets came out at the same time.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not really "older," considering the Vikings sets and Dino Attack sets came out at the same time.

No, Dino Attack was 2005. Vikings was 2006.

#8 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 01:33 PM

No, Dino Attack was 2005. Vikings was 2006.

Brickset lists the first wave of Vikings as 2005. I suppose that would mean Dino Attack came first, though (since it was out early in the year).

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#9 Offline Junkbot Master of Trash

Junkbot Master of Trash
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 20-May 05
  • 2,528 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 03:45 PM

Dino Attack was summer '05, and I think the first wave of Vikings was the following winter. I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember noting that they had improved on the design of the Fire Hammer launcher.

#10 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,799 posts

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 06:07 PM

Dino Attack was summer '05, and I think the first wave of Vikings was the following winter. I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember noting that they had improved on the design of the Fire Hammer launcher.
It could be that Vikings had different release dates internationally, like BIONICLE did (though I, too, remember it coming out in the U.S. in early 2006).

#11 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 06:16 PM

Lets stay on topic guys.That blade is pretty awesome altough I must admid lego did not well creating the Samurai disign, it should've been left out to focus on a better vehicle build, the snake machines snakiness were nice but this design is a bit sad.Thanks for the review Gata.

Edited by Dual Matrix, Feb 09 2013 - 06:17 PM.

I'm back!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users