Major League Kohlii

Crunchyn

Well the Super Bowl ended. (I really thought the 49ers could have make a comeback but oh well). I spent that time drawing this because hey, it's sports :P I tried to imagine the current version having standardized equipment, hence the shoulder pads, chest armor and also the Kanohi which I tried to base on both a football helmet and the Kakama, Pohatu being the patron of kohlii.

kohlii.png_thumb.jpg

LINK

Pencil, Faber-Castell PITT pen, White Gel pen

1.5 hours (I was eating in-between :P)

I also wanted to see if the basic silhoulette could work in a logo for fun.

mlksig.png

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Dude, that's pretty cool! The mask looks good--kinda made me think of Lewa Mistika's mask for a moment, though. Love the detail on the Kohli stick, too. Only thing that bugs me is the right elbow--the upper-arm seems to be going slightly backward, away from the viewer, while at the elbow it looks like the rest of the arm is out ahead of him. I don't know if that makes any sense, but, long story short, it almost looks like you tried to draw two different positions for the arm at once. Minor complaint in comparison to the rest of the picture, which overall turned out great!

I like the look of the logo, too! Nice work!

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Most impressive. I like the overall layout. if you made the Matoran crotch a little bit more it would give it more effect because it the figure looks stiff like a robot, and I know it is trying to go according to proportions, but make it more fluid and bendy to give it the dramatic effect since it is kohlii. Overall it looks great, I like how you put a lot of work in the value of the drawing and adding the highlights does give it the effect!

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

Nice. As a fellow artist, where/what/how can I find/are white gel pens/do you use them?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Nice. As a fellow artist, where/what/how can I find/are white gel pens/do you use them?
I usually go to my college bookstore for them at the art section, but I also found them at stationery stores (Japanese ones are your best bet)and art stores. Michaels might have them but I'm not sure. They might be around the scrapbooking sections with all the pens and cutting tools. An alternative I've seen people use is Wite-out pens and white colored pencils. Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

• 3 months later...

Awesome! Really like how the art is so simaliar to that of most Major League pictures! BTW The way, I was going for the Ravens the whole time even though I am a NE Patriots fan.

Please do not post in a topic that has been inactive for thirty days or more. Revived topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)