Legendary Platinum Avohkii Shines On Ebay

Sorry if I offended anyone but cars are not necessary, especially ones that cost $22,000. They might make your life a lot easier, sure, but they're not necessary. And (bringing us back on topic) neither is this Avohkii. $29,000 is insane for a collector's item, especially one (as I've mentioned earlier) that you can't even do anything with for fear of spoiling it! Incidentally, was this the last super-rare/super-valuable Bionicle collectible to be released?
The golden Kanoka from 2004 were still quite rare.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I think if I crafted my own Avohkii out of platinum, it'd cost a hecka lot less than 29 thousand bucks.
So? Value is about more than just materials and labor. This one is an authentic piece distributed as part of a contest, and the only one created for that promotion.It'd also probably be illegal to craft your own Avohkii (a part design that is property of the LEGO Group) and then sell it claiming it to be authentic LEGO. So there's that. There's no limit to the number of things you can get away with if you have no moral fiber, but that doesn't mean honest people shouldn't demand this kind of asking price just because dishonest people could do better. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Be funny if this guy set the auction up wrong and, with no other bidders, Commander CeeCee actually won this thing for a dollar. :D

Oh my god. That would be so funny.

EDIT: Im really pushing the boat out on this one. I cant beleive this guy wont accept $2

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

It'd also probably be illegal to craft your own Avohkii (a part design that is property of the LEGO Group) and then sell it claiming it to be authentic LEGO. So there's that. There's no limit to the number of things you can get away with if you have no moral fiber, but that doesn't mean honest people shouldn't demand this kind of asking price just because dishonest people could do better.

Please explain to me - where in my post did I ever even subtly suggested that I would sell the thing if I were to make it?

It'd also probably be illegal to craft your own Avohkii (a part design that is property of the LEGO Group) and then sell it claiming it to be authentic LEGO. So there's that. There's no limit to the number of things you can get away with if you have no moral fiber, but that doesn't mean honest people shouldn't demand this kind of asking price just because dishonest people could do better.

Please explain to me - where in my post did I ever even subtly suggested that I would sell the thing if I were to make it?

Read the third sentence you quoted. I was just elaborating on why the cost it takes people to make a counterfeit platinum Avohkii has absolutely nothing to do with what should be charged for the actual contest prize, because one is a collector's item and the other is just an impressive facsimile that can't claim any sort of authenticity. The owner of the real deal can really charge whatever he wants and expects people to pay, because nobody else can ever honestly claim to be offering the same thing for less.

Read the third sentence you quoted. I was just elaborating on why the cost it takes people to make a counterfeit platinum Avohkii has absolutely nothing to do with what should be charged for the actual contest prize, because one is a collector's item and the other is just an impressive facsimile that can't claim any sort of authenticity. The owner of the real deal can really charge whatever he wants and expects people to pay, because nobody else can ever honestly claim to be offering the same thing for less.

You've lost me.

I am saying that if I were to carve it out of platinum FOR MYSELF, it'd probably cost a LOT LESS than $29,000 to make.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

You've lost me. I am saying that if I were to carve it out of platinum FOR MYSELF, it'd probably cost a LOT LESS than $29,000 to make.

OK, I misunderstood-- I thought you were commenting on the price being charged for the real thing being unfair. Yes, you could probably make a similar platinum Avohkii for less than $29,000, provided you could create/procure a quality mold. I seem to recall that back in the early days of BZPower there was some tutorial for casting metal Kanohi, but I could be misremembering.