Discovered bionicle art

Voxumo

ok i recently was browsing Deviantart when i started a conversation with this guy who claims he worked on bionicle. he even provided images of his work

Hi ^^ I have been illustrating for the Bionicle edition of Lego, you know.. me: hmm interesting. how recent because bionicle is no longer being done by lego and as such bionicle is done Ages ago. First generation. If you look at my profile and look closely at my ID, you will see one of the very first series on the right hand side, done in CATIA. It was the one with the chainsaw-weapons; you will know which one ^^I cannot tell you for which company-branch, because I was only employed and had no direct contact to the customer. I do know, that the construction was for promotional reasons and that it was not data for producing the actual parts. Meaning, it had to look like Bionicle, but it was enough to go as closely as possible. I didn´t work from blue-prints, but from an actual Bionicle I had standing on my desk. Me: do you mind if i relay this info on a bionicle forum site i am a member of? i'm sure many of the members would be truly interested You think so? *shrug* Well, as long as you keep it strictly like I wrote and you don´t twist it in any form, you have my okay. By the way: the constructed CAD model was fully functional and if you would have equipped the chainsaw with a motor, it would have worked Here you are. These are screen shots, of course. Although, this 3D-model is constructed by me in CatiaV5, I will not give away any Catia-Data, nor will I give away any constructional details. BIONICLE is a product line of LEGO GmbH. All rights are with LEGO GmbH - please consider these screenshots as fan-art.

This is the conversation he and i had. just to give a little background and insight this images may be a bit big so besides the first image i will be including links to the other three bionicle_complete_by_toraakachan-d5sw8q6.jpg The TorsoThe FootThe HeadLink to full gallery

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Woah... so this guy did 3D models? Cool! Of course, I can notice some inconsistencies with the real model, but hey, who's gonna look under the mask in a 3D image, right? Catia CAD, i'll have to remember that!

PM me for a chance to have your own custom hero appear in a story I'm writing. Pm me if you want to have your Hero in the story, and I'll give you details!s7tCK.gif

Is he going to sell the Bionicle figure he mentioned

No i don't think he plans on selling it.

Wow, this looks great! This is a good find and should be on the news. The only problem I have with the model itself is the quake breaker positions and the leg positions are upside down. Did he say what he was working on? Like a video game or something?

If you read the quote he said he was working on it for some branch of the company for promotional reasons. judging from the time frame onua nuva came out we could assume it was for several different possible reason.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

General Artwork is for art you personally have made; as screenshots of models made by somebody else for promotional purposes (and more details would be greatly appreciated as to when and where these were used), these belong in Media Discussion.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

General Artwork is for art you personally have made; as screenshots of models made by somebody else for promotional purposes (and more details would be greatly appreciated as to when and where these were used), these belong in Media Discussion.

I wish i could honestly tell you where and when they were used but the guy seemed like he could not actually go into details.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The fact that he can't go into details tells me it's probably not legit. There's a pretty limited range of companies he could be working for and uses for the model they'd have, and it doesn't seem likely any of them would be gunning for him for releasing info about a 10 year old product release - one of the lead designers from Bionicle has been dropping all sorts of concept work, and nobody's blinked yet.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

The fact that he can't go into details tells me it's probably not legit. There's a pretty limited range of companies he could be working for and uses for the model they'd have, and it doesn't seem likely any of them would be gunning for him for releasing info about a 10 year old product release - one of the lead designers from Bionicle has been dropping all sorts of concept work, and nobody's blinked yet.

Well i think it is more like this guy really does not know about anything. i did offer him the chance to actually come to this topic and give his opinion. i will let you all know what he says.

I can't believe it that you found a creator of Bionicle toys. Amazing, so they did use CAD to put it all together. Gotta give this guy a hand for making the pre-models before they even came out looking like how they are now!

~Lehvorak

Well he is not really a creator as said in the quote that he was given a set and told to make a catia model for it. i honestly think that it was suppose to be used for like comercial purposes or something

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He knows who the company that hired him to do it was. He knows whether the model is created for movement or if it is just for static images - It doesn't add up.
I think I read one of his comments there that suggested that perhaps the models were created to demonstrate the capabilities of some type of software, so not something strictly related to LEGO at all. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got when I saw these for the first time.In that case, it's no surprise that it could have been a recent thing that he's not supposed to disclose. I've seen BIONICLE parts rendered time and time again for school projects due to their complex detail-- doing it to illustrate the functions of some type of CAD, rendering, or animation software is not too much of a stretch.Of course, it's just as possible that he's lying and this was just an example of a school project or independent project that he wanted to present as something more important than it is. With that said, I don't see any reason that we should interpret this as anything important in the first place. If it's something important or relevant enough for us to care about then we'll find out when he chooses to disclose just what it is. Until then, it should be treated as it appears-- a render of neither mediocre nor stellar quality.