Win Tickets For the LEGO Batman Movie

02_06_Joker_CF_Movie.jpgDC Comics prepares for the release of their new LEGO DC Super Heroes movie with the world premier in New York City, and they are giving away tickets! LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite premiers next Monday, February 11, in NYC, and DC is using twitter to choose the winners. The contest page gives the details on how you can attend this super-power-packed event. May the best hero, or villain, win.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5948]View the full article[/url]

Surprising that they're doing a big premiere for this; I don't think Lego's done that for a movie since Mask of Light. The movie may be nothing new to people who have played the game, but I suppose there are enough Batman and Lego fans in New York to make this worthwhile.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Seems cool, however I won't enter the contest since I don't think I'll be travelling to New York. Hopefully it does well. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Ah, yes, the Batman 'movie' - which seems to be nothing more than lightly edited clips from the Batman 2 video game. Hopefully there'll be at least a little new footage they added in.
There will have to be. The cutscenes would be simply unable to tell a cohesive story on their own, since if they did the actual gameplay would be superfluous. As it is, there will likely be new footage added to replace any important story segments that would have been told through gameplay.Frankly, I don't see what's wrong with repurposing the cutscenes-- which from what I've heard tell a very fun story with a lot of humor-- into a medium that can be better enjoyed by non-gamers. If the story is good enough to stand on its own without the immersive quality the gameplay adds, it would be a waste not to take full advantage of that.