New Toa Team

If a new Toa team did appear in the story which elements and masks would you want to see?

Would you prefer that they were already existing characters, that they were all new characters or a mix of the two?

Would you want the team to be six members like a normal team or if not how many team members would you want there to be?

Edited by Cosmic Titan

Existing characters? Chronicler's Company or Voya Nui Resistance. Otherwise, new characters would be good.

Maybe it'd be nice to feature some different elements were they to be new characters, though if they'd already been part of the story, existing ones are fine.

Definitely some new masks. By new, I mean ones that exist canonically, but haven't really been in the story much, such as Rebounding or Aging.

Probably six for the sake of variety within the team, as we usually see, though more or less members would be cool to change things up a bit.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The Chronicler's company. Tamaru and Taipu as toa would be really cool.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...

I would think that I would want for there to be at least one old character that we know (or two), and then have a bunch of new characters with a variety of elements and lesser-used masks. Probably a maximum of seven characters on a team - any more there's too many. Lesser amounts would help focus on the individual characters - large armies are a pain to keep track of.

I don't know if this is just me, but I kind of find the whole Toa team thing to be a bit outmoded/dull. I would like it more if, say, two or three Toa decided or were forced to work with Glatorian or Vortixx or some species we haven't seen a lot of yet to go on a mission. That would be more fun IMO.

Lets get Hewkii and Macku to date again, so lets make her a Toa of Water.Let Kapura be a Toa and he wears the Vahi

Edited by Kooler186

I agree with fishers; I'd want to see something more like the Yesterday Quest Toa which had Gelu in it too, but expanded to far more species. (Kinda like we do in the Multiverse. :)) But the elements I'd want would be any that we haven't seen in action much really.

As for masks, I actually think I'd want mostly completely new powers. I always feel, when I look through the existing Kanohi list, even with my own additions like Conjuring, that there's something missing. Several things. There aren't enough that I feel are similar in the style of what they do to the original Mata masks.

There's a few, like Flight, but it feels like after 2006 we stopped getting much of the more basic powers and most of the new ones went off into stranger concepts like Possibilities. I like having those rarely but I'd want the majority to be more average, as that's most realistic.

Anywho, if we're limited to existing canon masks I'd want some of those original normal ones again, methinks. I don't really have specific preferences, any would do.

As for who would be the Toa, I'd like to see people who were once members of teams we know of that were disbanded if possible. I've kind of had enough of Matoran we're familiar with turning into Toa, frankly.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The metru nui disk matoran should become toa, with velika or sombody replacing ahkmou.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!