Vadalan - BBCC64

Chro

Blind warrior of the wolves. 8456487956_12a9fda96c.jpg ^ CLICK THE BANNER ABOVE FOR THE GALLERY ON FLICKR ^ Notes:- Yes, he's eyeless. Couldn't find a way to attach eyes which I liked, so I left it as is.- I decided to give him a cape and sword belt, to make him more warrior-like, to balance out the wolf qualities.- The black 2-length axles on the upper back are there to attach the cape.- Some of the proportions are a bit off, but I like them.- Decided not to go with the Bulk 3.0 helmet- it would be too easy. (Also it looked too small on the MOC.)- As you can see here, Vadalan is quite tall. So, wish me luck for the BBCC, and best of luck to everyone else entering!

Don't forget to vote for Vadalan! :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Like all of your MOCs I love this one. Dare I say this is the best youve done? Really creative with the colour scheme and I can see a few of Danju's parts in there from Knights Kingdom. I love the belt and cap and the head is really inventive.

10/10

Good work, Chro!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Like all of your MOCs I love this one. Dare I say this is the best youve done? Really creative with the colour scheme and I can see a few of Danju's parts in there from Knights Kingdom. I love the belt and cap and the head is really inventive. 10/10 Good work, Chro!

Best I've done? Well, it's one of 'em, haha. Not sure if the color scheme is all that creative as it's pretty basic, but glad you like it. Thanks Sam. :D

but their spirits

He looks like the biggest one of all from you. The head looks real nice, and the hands. You will crush the competition.

Well, not sure if "crush" is the right word, considering some of the excellent entries coming in right now. Thanks though. :lol:

but their spirits

As always, I love your MOCs. I'm actually jealous enough that I've pretty much determined I can't vote for it, because it'll probably win anyways. ;) I'll try not to be biased though.

Probably my most favorite part is the head. Using just a few pieces, you made a very cool looking wolf head, even if it doesn't have eyes. The ears are very nice piece usages, and now I really wish I had some of those parts.

Next up would probably be the color scheme. Even if you say 'it's pretty basic,' it still works magnificently to make him look like a noble warrior of the wolves. There's just enough purple in there, and I like that silver is the main color, which really lends to the wolf look.

And of course, you always know where to put pieces. I would have never even though of that awesome back design with the pistons, Metrutoran chest, and the Minifig arms. Everwhere from the minifig hands on the upper legs to the Exo-force robot arms and Bohrok teeth under the chest is just brilliant.

Other details I like is I'm always partial to that gauntlet look, the belt looks cool (another piece I need to acquire), the claws are cool looking (although they could be spaced a little bit, or angled or something to look more like paws), and overall the armor looks great.

Now, let's see if I can sum up some critique. First off, I think the chest is a little bit flat and square. He looks kind of robotic like that, and not as organic. Maybe if you could add in a little more curve with those Matoro shoulder pieces into the arms. I don't know though, it's pretty close to what I had in mind. Maybe just move it back one stud? (after the contest of course)

I'm not sure about those greebles on the shoulders either. All the rest of him is either smooth or had larger greebling, but the shoulders are a mess of small pieces. Maybe just put some armor (even System pieces) there to cover that up, and it would look a little better. It could also help with the boxy chest.

This one is mostly opinion, but I would like to see kind of that three-part leg design most animal MOCs have. It's not as original, I guess, but it just makes it look a little more beastlike. Of course, it is supposed to be humanoid, so that may not need to apply. Whatever you think.

Best of luck in the contest!

As always, I love your MOCs. I'm actually jealous enough that I've pretty much determined I can't vote for it, because it'll probably win anyways. ;) I'll try not to be biased though.
Haha. Votes always help, you know... besides, there are so many entries that are better than this, so I could use it. ;)
Maybe just move it back one stud? (after the contest of course)
Sadly, I only have enough pieces for one or two MOCs at a time, so I end up scrapping every creation unless it's absolutely necessary. Vadalan was taken apart a few minutes after I took the pictures. :(
This one is mostly opinion, but I would like to see kind of that three-part leg design most animal MOCs have. It's not as original, I guess, but it just makes it look a little more beastlike. Of course, it is supposed to be humanoid, so that may not need to apply. Whatever you think.
Ah, the old digitigrade. Yeah, could've done that. I decided that it wouldn't look good here with the current legs (which I'd already built and decided to keep). I think he's got enough wolf qualities that the legs aren't totally necessary, though. :)
Best of luck in the contest!
You too! Thanks for all the feedback, Click. :lol:

but their spirits

Im not seeing the Pelvic spikes, but what I just noticed was the shocks that you used on his back.

Yeah, those initially were there to support the torso, but then I realized I didn't need them... but they looked pretty cool, so I left them on. :lol:

Edited by Chro

but their spirits