• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Best Deals You Have Ever Gotten For a Set

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*

Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 06:29 PM

As the topic states, what are the best deals that you have ever gotten for any sets?

I have a few stories:

1) Several years ago I was at a Toys R Us that was closing soon, and I happen to come across the Rahkshi Panrahk. When I price scanned him, he showed up as $0.01, and I was curious, so when they rang him up, I was only charged a cent to buy him, which was the best deal I have ever gotten.

2) At a yard sale I found a 95% complete Makuta Teridax, which only cost $0.75. I was able to complete most of him out of spare parts, except his kanohi, one hand, and two armor pieces.

3) on two occasions, free of charge, I had friends give me thier old sets that they no longer wanted, including several Toa Nuva, Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal, and Rahkshi.

4) At a Thrift Shop, I was able to purchase Turaga Vakama, Toa Tahu, Turaga Onewa (no hammer) and Toa Lewa for $2 all together.

So what are your stories?

#2 Guest_LemonDefiance_*

Guest_LemonDefiance_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 07:51 PM

As I mentioned in another post I made.

1) I got 8 Bohrok and 2 toa metru for $15.00

2) Got a free rahkshi I found on the street  O.o

3) Just today at a yard sale got 3 more rahkshi for $1.50

4) At the markets Lewa Mata for $0.50

5) -3 Bohrok

-1 Bohrok Va

-Toa Metru Matau

-Toa Metru Vakama

-Toa metru Nokama

-Visorak Vohtarak

-2 Vahki Nuurahk

-Nidhiki

-Krekka

-Keetongu

-Sidorak

-Rahaga Pouks

-Rahaga Kualus

-5 Mctoran

All for $10

#3 Guest_AdaptingChaos_*

Guest_AdaptingChaos_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 10:34 PM

I managed to get the Piraka Stronghold all 100% complete brand new for only $10 in a thrift shop! It was amazing! I got it weeks after it came out and at first i thought it was going to be uncomplete, ut once I opened the damaged box, I came across sealed bags! :D

I also was able to get all of the Visorak, Toa Ignika, an extraToa Inika Hahli and Kongu, a extra Toa Nuva Tahu, and extra Piraka Thok and Zaktan, an extra almost complete set of Barakki (5 of 6) it was missing Mantax, and extra an Axonn and Brutaka for free from my cousin :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 09 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#4 Offline yeow

yeow
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 02:02 AM

I found a Manas and a Muaka & Kane-Ra on clearance in a TRU about 2 years after they should of been discontinued. The TRU was terribly run down, and in a bad part of town. I paid 30 for the Manas, and 40 for Muaka & Kane-Ra, which is absolutely backwards. I think Manas was cheaper since its piece count is about 150 pieces lower than Muaka & Kane-Ra, and the employee wasn't really paying attention.

#5 Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*

Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think Manas was cheaper since its piece count is about 150 pieces lower than Muaka & Kane-Ra, and the employee wasn't really paying attention.

Well even though theres less pieces, the Manas were remote controlled, so they probably cost more. I didn't follow Bionicle until 2003, so I'm not sure of the prices of the older rahi.

#6 Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*

Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:26 PM

A few months ago I bought from one person: at least 80-90 sets from 2001-2008, a huge bin of parts, and rare pieces for $100.I also got a 99% complete Fero &Skirmix set at a thrift store for $3.

#7 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 516 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:51 PM

Where the heck do you guys find all these thrift shops and garage sales with bionicles?

My best deals - My friend gave me Turaga Dume and Nivawk for free from his basement a few years back. I bought 5 Toa Mata on eBay w/ their instructions and some extra masks, but they were all missing their gear parts, and Pohatu was missing a lot and had a black Kakama. However, all the rest of them was complete and they were in great shape, especially for ~$10. I bought all the 2008 Toa minus Gali in a lot from a BZP member for $5 each, and he threw in Tanma for free. 

I think that the day I graduated from 5th grade, I went with my best bud to TRU and his mom bought me Nuparu Inika, and offered me another, but I didn't. On a side note, my friend grabbed Pridak (?) and a Mahri Nui Matoran (Defilak?), before going to his house and building them in his room. 

As for in-store deals, the only one I can remember is that I got Thornraxx for $6.46 including tax on clearance at TRU. 

I don't know if it's a great deal, but I got all the 2003 Matoran for $20 on eBay. 

Edited by Wazdakka, Feb 10 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#8 Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*

Guest_ShinyUmbreon_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'd say that's still a nice deal on the Matoran, I only have 2 of the 6, that's the only series I'm missing a significant amount from.

#9 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 10:19 PM

[color=#000080;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I was able to get Muaka and Kane-Ra for $20 with free shipping on eBay a few years back, which I considered a steal basically.[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]More recently, I got all 6 Bohrok last year with my birthday money last year (since I only had Lehvak before) for, once again, $20. But I've never gotten deals as good as some I've seen in this thread.[/color][/font]

webmaster.png

#10 Offline Daiker

Daiker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,752 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 09:19 PM

No monetary deals could be my free Judge/Jet slizer. It was given to me by a kind gentleman who didn't know he even had it and had no need for it at Brickfair 2012, so I just so happened to be the first person he saw I guess.

iNiCw5U.jpg

#11 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 82 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 03:21 PM

Off of eBay, I got Brutaka, Hydraxxon, Lessovik, Kongu, and Jaller for 20 bucks! At a garage sale I got 1 Mata, 3 Nuva, and a Vakama at a garage sale my sis went to for 5 measly dollars!

#12 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 411 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:54 PM

[color=#000080;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I was able to get Muaka and Kane-Ra for $20 with free shipping on eBay a few years back, which I considered a steal basically.[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]More recently, I got all 6 Bohrok last year with my birthday money last year (since I only had Lehvak before) for, once again, $20. But I've never gotten deals as good as some I've seen in this thread.[/color][/font]

Nice! :D I have to get all of the 6 Bohrok soon... :P

Also to answer the topic again, just recently got Karzahni, Irnakk, Dekar, Toa Iriuni and Malum for 30 bucks!  

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 27 2013 - 05:56 PM.

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos    A.K.

#13 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,783 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 04:31 PM

Never been one for snapping up good deals, but I remember getting Sidorak for under £10 in early 2006.  Pretty good price for the time, when he was only just out of production. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#14 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 05:30 PM

Recently I also got a copper Huna, silver Akaku, silver Miru, silver Kakama, and a silver Pakari for $8 on Bricklink.

#15 Offline Great Being Velika

Great Being Velika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 263 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 08:18 PM

Kohrak, lehvak, pahrak for $1 apiece in their canisters at a garage sale.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

#16 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,210 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 08:52 PM

BOGO at toy shop: Keetongu for $20, Roodaka: Free (Shadowed One!!!). But now I admit, I should have taken the two Voya Nui Playsets for BOGO. :(

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#17 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 775 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:22 PM

matoran colosium. brand new. for two bucks.

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#18 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,952 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:37 PM

matoran colosium. brand new. for two bucks.

Which one is that? Cause I don't remember that set before.

#19 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 775 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 12:28 AM

The one with the mini visorak and toa minifigs, catapults, a cool life sized hau, a bunch of string pieces, a bunch of cool stuff like that.

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#20 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 05:11 AM

I once got a whole box of Bionicles and knight kingdom from a friend, pretty much best deal ever.

I'm back!

#21 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 234 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 10:05 AM

I got misb toa metru nuju on ebay fo $1.00! It also came with one of those promo cds!

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...     :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#22 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 640 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 01:51 PM

I got the Lego Toy Story Trash Compactor Escape set for $2 at a yard sale. :o

-Insert signature here-

#23 Offline PyroLizard Prime

PyroLizard Prime
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 234 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 06:09 PM

The one with the mini visorak and toa minifigs, catapults, a cool life sized hau, a bunch of string pieces, a bunch of cool stuff like that.

That set is called: the battle of metru nui. 

"I am proud... to have called you brother... Vakama..."- Toa lhikan, the best character ever created by LEGO...

"Toa... So dramatic"- Nidhiki, another one if the best characters ever created by LEGO...

Remember them...

enax_the_epic_big.pngENAX WILL HAVE YOUR SOUL... Or your mask... Or maybe both...     :tohu: 

Sprite credits go to Katuko and Strack. Great job, guys!  :D

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users