Best Deals You Have Ever Gotten For a Set

Guest ShinyUmbreon

Guest ShinyUmbreon

As the topic states, what are the best deals that you have ever gotten for any sets?

I have a few stories:

1) Several years ago I was at a Toys R Us that was closing soon, and I happen to come across the Rahkshi Panrahk. When I price scanned him, he showed up as $0.01, and I was curious, so when they rang him up, I was only charged a cent to buy him, which was the best deal I have ever gotten.

2) At a yard sale I found a 95% complete Makuta Teridax, which only cost $0.75. I was able to complete most of him out of spare parts, except his kanohi, one hand, and two armor pieces.

3) on two occasions, free of charge, I had friends give me thier old sets that they no longer wanted, including several Toa Nuva, Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal, and Rahkshi.

4) At a Thrift Shop, I was able to purchase Turaga Vakama, Toa Tahu, Turaga Onewa (no hammer) and Toa Lewa for $2 all together.

So what are your stories?

Guest LemonDefiance

As I mentioned in another post I made.

1) I got 8 Bohrok and 2 toa metru for $15.00

2) Got a free rahkshi I found on the street O.o

3) Just today at a yard sale got 3 more rahkshi for $1.50

4) At the markets Lewa Mata for $0.50

5) -3 Bohrok

-1 Bohrok Va

-Toa Metru Matau

-Toa Metru Vakama

-Toa metru Nokama

-Visorak Vohtarak

-2 Vahki Nuurahk

-Nidhiki

-Krekka

-Keetongu

-Sidorak

-Rahaga Pouks

-Rahaga Kualus

-5 Mctoran

All for $10

Guest AdaptingChaos

I managed to get the Piraka Stronghold all 100% complete brand new for only $10 in a thrift shop! It was amazing! I got it weeks after it came out and at first i thought it was going to be uncomplete, ut once I opened the damaged box, I came across sealed bags! :D

I also was able to get all of the Visorak, Toa Ignika, an extraToa Inika Hahli and Kongu, a extra Toa Nuva Tahu, and extra Piraka Thok and Zaktan, an extra almost complete set of Barakki (5 of 6) it was missing Mantax, and extra an Axonn and Brutaka for free from my cousin :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos

I found a Manas and a Muaka & Kane-Ra on clearance in a TRU about 2 years after they should of been discontinued. The TRU was terribly run down, and in a bad part of town. I paid 30 for the Manas, and 40 for Muaka & Kane-Ra, which is absolutely backwards. I think Manas was cheaper since its piece count is about 150 pieces lower than Muaka & Kane-Ra, and the employee wasn't really paying attention.

Guest ShinyUmbreon
I think Manas was cheaper since its piece count is about 150 pieces lower than Muaka & Kane-Ra, and the employee wasn't really paying attention.

Well even though theres less pieces, the Manas were remote controlled, so they probably cost more. I didn't follow Bionicle until 2003, so I'm not sure of the prices of the older rahi.

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

A few months ago I bought from one person: at least 80-90 sets from 2001-2008, a huge bin of parts, and rare pieces for $100.I also got a 99% complete Fero &Skirmix set at a thrift store for $3.

Where the heck do you guys find all these thrift shops and garage sales with bionicles?

My best deals - My friend gave me Turaga Dume and Nivawk for free from his basement a few years back. I bought 5 Toa Mata on eBay w/ their instructions and some extra masks, but they were all missing their gear parts, and Pohatu was missing a lot and had a black Kakama. However, all the rest of them was complete and they were in great shape, especially for ~$10. I bought all the 2008 Toa minus Gali in a lot from a BZP member for $5 each, and he threw in Tanma for free.

I think that the day I graduated from 5th grade, I went with my best bud to TRU and his mom bought me Nuparu Inika, and offered me another, but I didn't. On a side note, my friend grabbed Pridak (?) and a Mahri Nui Matoran (Defilak?), before going to his house and building them in his room.

As for in-store deals, the only one I can remember is that I got Thornraxx for $6.46 including tax on clearance at TRU.

I don't know if it's a great deal, but I got all the 2003 Matoran for $20 on eBay.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I was able to get Muaka and Kane-Ra for $20 with free shipping on eBay a few years back, which I considered a steal basically.

More recently, I got all 6 Bohrok last year with my birthday money last year (since I only had Lehvak before) for, once again, $20. But I've never gotten deals as good as some I've seen in this thread.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to get Muaka and Kane-Ra for $20 with free shipping on eBay a few years back, which I considered a steal basically.

More recently, I got all 6 Bohrok last year with my birthday money last year (since I only had Lehvak before) for, once again, $20. But I've never gotten deals as good as some I've seen in this thread.

Nice! :D I have to get all of the 6 Bohrok soon... :P

Also to answer the topic again, just recently got Karzahni, Irnakk, Dekar, Toa Iriuni and Malum for 30 bucks!

Edited by AdaptingChaos

I got misb toa metru nuju on ebay fo $1.00! It also came with one of those promo cds!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The one with the mini visorak and toa minifigs, catapults, a cool life sized hau, a bunch of string pieces, a bunch of cool stuff like that.

That set is called: the battle of metru nui.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!