A Bionicle TV show.

SAmaster

Hello my name is SAmaster01.

I have been a fan of Bionicle since it first came out in 2001, and even though it took some odd directions, I was sad that it went away.

But now we're saying a lot of stuff from Lego. A lot of really successful video games, and some really decent cartoons. I haven't seen all of the Lego Ninja cartoon, Ninjago, but what i've seen is really good, way better than it should be. Bottom line, Lego is big right now.

Main idea: What if Lego brought back Bionicle, along with a Bionicle Tv show?

I mean most decent Tv shows nowadays are spinoffs of either movies or or toy lines (Kung-Fu Panda, Dragons, TMNT, Transformers, My little Pony), and like I stated Lego has been doing a good job with not just making various adaptions of Lego sets, but also in just making them good on their own.

So Bionicle would be a great choice if they wanted to go in a slightly more serious direction. I mean, masks of power, elemental powers, robots, it's like Transformers, meets Airbender, what better formula for success can you get?

Then of course the main question becomes if they would bring back Bionicle, even though it has only been a couple years.

But, you know, realities aside, if you saw a Bionicle Cartoon, would you watch it?

And, as long as we can fantasize-

1. What kind of plot would you want, one that follows the hero's (i.e. Toa), villagers, both, or other characters (i.e. Dark Hunters)

2. What animation style would you want, Flash animation like the Online Games, animation like the movies, or a more lego-like look like in the commercials?

3. Story-wise, would you prefer a continuation of the old story, a reboot, or redo, or a completely new story (personal preference, a redo, my favorite story was always the ones on the island of Mata Nui.)

If anyone reads this, feel free to comment. Also, if someone else has posted a similar topic, I'm sorry for wasting time, I looked, (though not extensively) and didn't find anything.

I didn't shut up yesterday, the day before, why should today be any different? - Personal Quote.

Those who want Makuta Tridax to be official, jump in the air.

I would want a "fairley" mature plot, but not stupidly adult like. Sort of the like the Clone Wars and a dark episode.

I would personally love 3D animation

I would like a reboot. Similar to what the Walking dead TV series did with the comic series. Keep main plot the same but has a lot of freedom and can go a completely different direction at any point.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yeah, there have been several topics similar to this... :lol: 1. Both.2. Something different. Not too cartoony like the MNOG and such, and not as, uh, pseudorealistic (not a word :P ) as Transformers: Prime.

3. Somewhere in between, again. Maybe a new story with flashbacks revealing events in the old story?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Hmm, a "[very long time] later"-kinda story would definitely seem interesting to me. Would definitely be cool if they did some 'history repeating itself'-stuff, and perhaps some flashbacks to unseen bits of the original Bionicle, as long as it doesn't screw the original plot over royally, as some continuations tend to do.

As for the animation style, well, let's say 'cartoony but with more details' is the best way to decribe it. A super-high definition and insanely detailed series would take way more time and money to make as well, so the series would most likely be shorter than it would've been with a more simple style (unless it's a sudden instant success, but we can't really count on that), and, admit it, all a lot of people really want is just more Bionicle.

iquXD5X.png

#1: I would want it to follow the Toa Nuva's adventures on spherus magna.

#2: I would prefer it to be a more 3D style animation, like Ninjago and Chima.

#3: I would like to see a continuation of the plot.

also, a bit of a darker theme would be nice, like about how dark the serials were, especially the many deaths of Toa Tuyet, and the Empire alternate universe.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

If you guys want something like this, just wait until I'm a little older :P

I'd love to see something a little darker and more grown up, and I'm kind of indifferent on following the official story religiously or creating a new story based on the old one.

Im going to start taking animation classes soon and this will defintly be one of the things I want to work on.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I think Bionicle was Lego's first 3d Animation, and it was a sucess, Mask of Light was one of the most purchased movies of 2003-4. Plus the Bionicle advertisements showed where Lego can go in the future in case they almost bankrupt again, animation for them looks more promising than the toys they release.

An interesting prospect.

I'd want the story to mainly focus on one group of Toa every season, maybe one Toa team every two seasons or something, but with two to three episodes of an occasional story arc that centers around another group, kind of like they do with the Clone Wars series. As for animation, I prefer 3D myself, although doing it in a 2D artistic format like the original Clone Wars miniseries would be cool too. I would also like the story to revolve around a time in the future where we don't know what's happened in the recent past, and have the past events come up in flashbacks.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Bionicle show should have Toa Teams we've never seen before, that way if they do screw up the show, they cant contradict what has been carved into stone by Kopeke

If you guys want something like this, just wait until I'm a little older :P

I'd love to see something a little darker and more grown up, and I'm kind of indifferent on following the official story religiously or creating a new story based on the old one.

Im going to start taking animation classes soon and this will defintly be one of the things I want to work on.

I'm getting into TV and film production, and although it's nothing I'd tackle early on, I'll always keep a BIONICLE show/movie in mind.

Spherus Magna, and maybe the 2001-10 storyline, like a "replay" for nostalgia's sake (but I rarely watch TV). Honestly, I can't think of Bionicle as a TV show, even if Ninjago and Chima are. I would picture it like the movies, but then fail.
I don't know, an episodic storyline has worked for it in the past (example: the Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal episodes). Obviously TV episodes would have to have somewhat more complex plots with more twists and turns, but overall I think the story could definitely be presented in that format if written well and created in a format that didn't demand excessive production costs/tight scheduling.At the same time, the story as it was would have to be rewritten somewhat, since ideally every episode should tell a somewhat "complete" story, perhaps with some kind of moral or lesson tied to it. The BIONICLE story was generally not written with a 22-minute episode format in mind, so like any TV adaptation of an existing work it would need some changes here and there. Of course a real BIONICLE TV series would only likely happen if the theme came back, in which case it would almost certainly be telling stories to tie in with whatever the toys were depicting, so this would likely be a non-issue: everything would likely be approached as if it were being told for the first time. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

1. MNOLG and Mask of Light were some of the greatest BIONICLE stories because they followed the villagers on an important quest that nobody really thought was important. (even in Mask of Light, it was really a ceremonial quest because at the time, they considered the Makuta defeated) The Toa were present and active, but they were secondary characters. So I'd want to see something like that.

2. More movie-style, definitely. Those characters looked great.

3. Reboot. Start from scratch in 2001 and diverge from there. I want to see the things that made me fall in love with BIONICLE in the first place, but not the exact same story. I think a continuation would be a bad idea because BIONICLE picked up a lot of cruft over the years - excess characters, complex plot details, backstory - plus I just don't see post-Shattering Spherus Magna being all that interesting of a location.

IrMSNn3.png

1. 1 and 2 with a few flashes over to what is happening with the villains.

2. something like how it looks in TLR

3. Continuation of the story, but perhaps after there are at least a few large size cities on Spherus Magna.

I also would not want to water down bionicle's story for the sake of entertaining 4 year olds. Besides, when I was younger, I didn't mind not fully understanding Bionicle's story! It added to the amount of imagination I used when I played, and then, when I was about 8 it was amazing being able to fully grasp it!

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I think a continuation would be a bad idea because BIONICLE picked up a lot of cruft over the years - excess characters, complex plot details, backstory

Do you not like complex plot details? D:

I like them to be built up over time. A new show needs a fresh start because A. if it happens, it will have been a while since anybody followed BIONICLE and B. if a BIONICLE show started right where we left off, a lot of people would be lost.

IrMSNn3.png

I also would not want to water down bionicle's story for the sake of entertaining 4 year olds. Besides, when I was younger, I didn't mind not fully understanding Bionicle's story! It added to the amount of imagination I used when I played, and then, when I was about 8 it was amazing being able to fully grasp it!
You're not the only one. And I also agree with the 4 year old thing because I like the storyline the same way it is, and Bionicle wasn't intended for 4-year olds.

Ok number; 1 if there was one, I would direct it along with advance Copenhagen,number two; live action/cgi filmed in hawaii and new zealandnumber three; It would follow the original story-line and not veer away from it whilst making it suitable for kids.
I think this would require way higher production values than a TV show would allow for. Even a movie filmed on-location using motion capture would be incredibly expensive compared to what the BIONICLE movies likely cost. Additionally, doing the entire environment in CGI, rather than with motion capture, would make it a lot easier to control the setting-- after all, in a movie in a biomechanical fantasy universe, you wouldn't want to risk real-world animals scurrying or flying onto the set while you're filming. This idea is one I'd file under "awesome but impractical".

Nope. Can't be live action. Live action only works when your main characters are human (or at least close enough; see Lord of the Rings)

Also, why would you want it to follow the original story and not veer away from it? You've already seen the original story. I think it'd be much better to see a brand new story that mirrors the old, but keeps us guessing as to what's going to happen next.

IrMSNn3.png

Nope. Can't be live action. Live action only works when your main characters are human (or at least close enough; see Lord of the Rings)Also, why would you want it to follow the original story and not veer away from it? You've already seen the original story. I think it'd be much better to see a brand new story that mirrors the old, but keeps us guessing as to what's going to happen next.
It's kind of a tricky puzzle, because a straight "reboot" would probably be the easiest way to prevent continuity lockout for new fans while acknowledging what happened previously in the story's run-- however, at the same time, a big part of what made BIONICLE so endearing was the level of mystery each new story arc was approached with. So retelling old stories and keeping that same level of mystery would not likely be an option. Telling new stories would really be the only viable option.I think a capable writer could probably manage it, but it'd take just the right combination of classic and new ideas for it to ever hope for the same appeal as the BIONICLE story originally had.

Imagine this

The charcters are humans in costumes, all the organic parts are covered with green screen, along with mouth eyes ect.

All shot deemed to expensive time consuming or tricky are CGI

It will tell the stories we couldn't see in comics movies ect

After the first season we could continue where bionicle ended,

The writers will be, yes you guessed it Greg Farshtey C.K Hapka

The executive producers will be the guys who did " DR0NE " it was an indie webseries who had HUGE production value for their budget, but also ryan connoly from Film Riot

Imagine this

The charcters are humans in costumes, all the organic parts are covered with green screen, along with mouth eyes ect.

All shot deemed to expensive time consuming or tricky are CGI

It will tell the stories we couldn't see in comics movies ect

After the first season we could continue where bionicle ended,

The writers will be, yes you guessed it Greg Farshtey C.K Hapka

The executive producers will be the guys who did " DR0NE " it was an indie webseries who had HUGE production value for their budget, but also ryan connoly from Film Riot

I just wouldnt be able to take it seriously. And if they wanted to do it good(if its even possible, it would cost a lot of money and time.

Imagine thisThe charcters are humans in costumes, all the organic parts are covered with green screen, along with mouth eyes ect.All shot deemed to expensive time consuming or tricky are CGIIt will tell the stories we couldn't see in comics movies ectAfter the first season we could continue where bionicle ended,The writers will be, yes you guessed it Greg Farshtey C.K HapkaThe executive producers will be the guys who did " DR0NE " it was an indie webseries who had HUGE production value for their budget, but also ryan connoly from Film Riot

The whole point of live action is to gain the benefit of the actor using their own face believably. If you cover the face in green screen and just use their body to hold up a costume, you'd be better off just to do motion capture and have the whole thing be CGI.

It's kind of a tricky puzzle, because a straight "reboot" would probably be the easiest way to prevent continuity lockout for new fans while acknowledging what happened previously in the story's run-- however, at the same time, a big part of what made BIONICLE so endearing was the level of mystery each new story arc was approached with. So retelling old stories and keeping that same level of mystery would not likely be an option. Telling new stories would really be the only viable option.I think a capable writer could probably manage it, but it'd take just the right combination of classic and new ideas for it to ever hope for the same appeal as the BIONICLE story originally had.

The trick is to re-tell the classic story loved from a new angle, with new struggles.Here's an idea...Season 1: Pre-2001, we follow Takua on the island of Mata Nui as he searches for the Toa Stones. This is a part of the story that we haven't seen much of, besides one kinda-lousy GBA game. Breaking original-canon a bit, he assembles the Chronicler's Company at this point.Season 2: Now the Toa Mata arrive, but the long-awaited heroes have lost their memory and have no idea what they're doing. They have no team unity and they spend as much time fighting each other as the Rahi. Worse, they're suspicious of the Matoran and especially the Turaga (who are, as always, hiding something) and wonder if maybe Makuta is the good guy. A team of Matoran (Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Onepu/Nuparu, Matoro) gets fed up with waiting and decides to storm Mangaia themselves. Inspired by the heroics of the not-Inika and the Chronicler's Company, the Toa rush in to save them, with no plan and without even collecting all of their masks.

Season 3: At this point, the Bohrok arrive, just like canon, but the story follows the Turaga more closely than before. We start to see flashbacks of Metru Nui, but going a slightly different direction - the focus is on the fact that the Matoran are not supposed to be on the island of Mata Nui and just as the Toa imprison the Bahrag in the main timeline, we find out how great of a mistake that was: Mata Nui is awakening (deviating from canon) and he needs the Bohrok to clear the island.

You get the idea. The story would continue like this with a few guidelines:

- Only leave the island of Mata Nui in flashes - there should always be a part of the story happening there. See LOST for how this can work. This way we can see new locations like Metru Nui, Voya Nui, etc. without losing the classic Bionicle locale.

- The end-game, the final seasons are actually about destroying the island of Mata Nui, and the Matoran are reluctant to go to Metru Nui. Instead of the anticlimatic destruction we had in canon, it's an emotional moment when Mata Nui's face breaks through the island, destroying their home, but fulfilling their destiny.

In whole new story arc, we could follow the Spherus Magna / Bara Magna story and I'll type up how that could work some other day.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Imagine thisThe charcters are humans in costumes, all the organic parts are covered with green screen, along with mouth eyes ect.All shot deemed to expensive time consuming or tricky are CGIIt will tell the stories we couldn't see in comics movies ectAfter the first season we could continue where bionicle ended,The writers will be, yes you guessed it Greg Farshtey C.K HapkaThe executive producers will be the guys who did " DR0NE " it was an indie webseries who had HUGE production value for their budget, but also ryan connoly from Film Riot

The whole point of live action is to gain the benefit of the actor using their own face believably. If you cover the face in green screen and just use their body to hold up a costume, you'd be better off just to do motion capture and have the whole thing be CGI.

The trick is to re-tell the classic story loved from a new angle, with new struggles.Here's an idea...Season 1: Pre-2001, we follow Takua on the island of Mata Nui as he searches for the Toa Stones. This is a part of the story that we haven't seen much of, besides one kinda-lousy GBA game. Breaking original-canon a bit, he assembles the Chronicler's Company at this point.Season 2: Now the Toa Mata arrive, but the long-awaited heroes have lost their memory and have no idea what they're doing. They have no team unity and they spend as much time fighting each other as the Rahi. Worse, they're suspicious of the Matoran and especially the Turaga (who are, as always, hiding something) and wonder if maybe Makuta is the good guy. A team of Matoran (Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Onepu/Nuparu, Matoro) gets fed up with waiting and decides to storm Mangaia themselves. Inspired by the heroics of the not-Inika and the Chronicler's Company, the Toa rush in to save them, with no plan and without even collecting all of their masks.

Season 3: At this point, the Bohrok arrive, just like canon, but the story follows the Turaga more closely than before. We start to see flashbacks of Metru Nui, but going a slightly different direction - the focus is on the fact that the Matoran are not supposed to be on the island of Mata Nui and just as the Toa imprison the Bahrag in the main timeline, we find out how great of a mistake that was: Mata Nui is awakening (deviating from canon) and he needs the Bohrok to clear the island.

You get the idea. The story would continue like this with a few guidelines:

- Only leave the island of Mata Nui in flashes - there should always be a part of the story happening there. See LOST for how this can work. This way we can see new locations like Metru Nui, Voya Nui, etc. without losing the classic Bionicle locale.

- The end-game, the final seasons are actually about destroying the island of Mata Nui, and the Matoran are reluctant to go to Metru Nui. Instead of the anticlimatic destruction we had in canon, it's an emotional moment when Mata Nui's face breaks through the island, destroying their home, but fulfilling their destiny.

In whole new story arc, we could follow the Spherus Magna / Bara Magna story and I'll type up how that could work some other day.

You my friend would be in my creative board doing as you please you seem to be a good asset for type of thing,

in pirates of the Caribbean they did the live action thing with the actor of davy johnes they green screened his exposed parts but still kept his facial expressions in the process i plan on doing same, just how you can see the toa's eyes through the mask holes we can use eye expresions and ill make it so the mask opens up when someone talks rather than keeping it closed or making a mask mouth :P