I see what you did there. :P I love that it has so much detail while still being tiny. I'm not really a fan of using rubber bands in MoCs, but otherwise, it's fantastic. And maybe even kinda cute.

Edited by Senrab

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

• 2 weeks later...

Adorable awesomeness is what this MOC is. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for the little ones. My only complaint is the rubber band, not so much that you used one (as I did too, so I would be a hypocrite to say so), but because it's white, just jumping out at you.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I can't believe I just went to all the trouble to build a larger MOC when I could have just done something this size. :P Especially if it could be as well executed as you have done here. The details look very nice, especially for something so small. I really like how well the hand design (actually, the whole arm) works with the guy, and how ant-like it looks. The body really emphasizes that, especially the abdomen, which looks perfect on this MOC. The head is definitely the highlight of detail though, even with so few parts and such a small build.

Just a few suggestions. I'm not sure about the legs. With how cool and detailed the arms look, the contrast with the smooth HF limb pieces is a bit jarring. The proportions are also kind of wierd. They also end it those little tiny feet, which I have mixed feelings about. On one hand, they look very ant-like and fit with the style, but I just don't like them all that much. I kind of feel they should be a bit bigger, maybe just because the hands are huge compared to the arms.

And after staring in confusion at the rubber bands for a while, I realized something. They actually don't hold anything on, as far as I can see. So, I'm assuming they're there to lend to the segmented look that ants have, but I agree that they shouldn't be white. Almost the entire MOC is black, so maybe dark grey, or even better, lime green (if Lego actually has lime green or dark grey rubber bands).

Speaking of lime green, I wish there was a bit more of it in the MOC. You have the eyes, antennae, and the spikes on the chest, but not much else. It would be cool to work some green into more areas, like the minifig hands on the shoulders (nice touch, by the way), and maybe somewhere in the larger foot design I mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I love this little guy! Definitely one of the better MOCs, mostly because of his size and uniqueness. There's just a few things I would do to make him better.

And after staring in confusion at the rubber bands for a while, I realized something. They actually don't hold anything on, as far as I can see. So, I'm assuming they're there to lend to the segmented look that ants have, but I agree that they shouldn't be white.

No, they do hold something on. The back is only attached at the base and the first rubber band is to keep the back from swinging away from the body, and the second is only to make the first one less out of place.

aouROFb.png