The A.t.o.s Kit

Akuna Toa of Sonics

If you remember the old Artwork II forum, I had a kit topic.New stuff is a DMR, nui jaga WIP, new Hau(half done), fixed energy sword, and fixed expressions.Here's the new one:atos_3.2.pngLinkHot topic as of 2/19/12!And as of 3/25/12, this is the largest sprite topic in the new forums.

Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

yay this is back. i need my sprite sheet i dont have gimp while the forums were down the last days i switched form windows xp to windws 7.if you can

Don't worry Crash, it's coming. I'm re-shading all the main character's sprite sheets a little, too make the lighter shades more flowing.

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Over all...it looks too much like a Chrimoru-wanna-be. HOWEVER!I want to steal your weapons. Those are REALLY good looking guns. :biggrin: Good job!

I get the Chimoru part a lot 8/ . I have been trying to completely make a new matoran design, though, just as I did the Turaga.

Hey man, don't feel sad. :) People referring to your kit as the Chrimoru is actually a good thing. the Chrimoru kit is awesome kit. And if your kit looks some-what like it, then its good too. But it can't have the name Chrimoru. if that makes sense....

I like it, but the 2001 Matoran look weird to me. Dunno why. The masks also look a bit like they're made with cardboard. Just saying. But like Calvirick said, those weapons are really amazing.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Over all...it looks too much like a Chrimoru-wanna-be. HOWEVER!I want to steal your weapons. Those are REALLY good looking guns. :biggrin: Good job!

I get the Chimoru part a lot 8/ . I have been trying to completely make a new matoran design, though, just as I did the Turaga.
Yeah, very Chimoru-esque.Oh, and I've seen several comics with those very backgrounds... Weird...A two-color version would be nice (for those of us who don't like recoloring 18 times). --:ruru:

banner.jpg

Yeah, very Chimoru-esque.Oh, and I've seen several comics with those very backgrounds... Weird...A two-color version would be nice (for those of us who don't like recoloring 18 times).-- :ruru:
Working on one now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if business has been slow. I've been real busy with school, especially with my honors biology class. But, I have been fixing the Halo spartans a little, downsizing them and making them more proportional.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your kit has potential, my biggest complaint being that despite there being 6 shades, it only looks like there's 3 or something.But, your accessories and Rahi are extremely well done.Your poses are also good for the most part, but some look a little strange.I'll be seeing how this kit turns out.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed update, all who visit this topic. I haven't been able to do much for the past few weeks due to all the schoolwork that's been dumped on me.Expect an edited Bohrok and some masks in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1/26/12: I am back to spriting. Now that my honors biology midterm is done, I have a lot more time.I decided to go beyond just simple masks and fix the bohrok and make a nui-jaga.Also, be on the lookout for my return in Comics.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2/3/12: Told you I have more time for spriting. This has actually been done for a while, but due to Brickshelf, you're only seeing it now.Well, it's not much, but I've made the masks in the top right(non spinnies) without heads behind them, a fixed Rau, elongated AR, and everything I've posted from this topic's reposting until now.Link.

Update 2/8/12: I've been busy playing Reach doing homework, so it isn't much.I'm cracking down on fixing the spinnies, and I've edited some masks's shapes a lot.Also included is a demonstration of how much more realistic the eyes are when wearing a kanohi.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. Super detailed kit. I mean, not only detailed Matoran in a load of poses, but Toa as well! Sure, the Toa aren't very posable, but they have about as much posability as the sets did! And the Halo stuff make great weapons for a riot scene (Which I intend to make). Rahi, Masks, the only thing missing would be...BOHROK!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

This is awesome. Super detailed kit. I mean, not only detailed Matoran in a load of poses, but Toa as well! Sure, the Toa aren't very posable, but they have about as much posability as the sets did! And the Halo stuff make great weapons for a riot scene (Which I intend to make). Rahi, Masks, the only thing missing would be...BOHROK!

A new toa build is on the way, along with more fixed masks and possibly the remainder of the rahi. I'm trying my best to get them done and complete the Halo Vidmasters before you can no longer get Recon armor. Edit: I'm having trouble uploading something to Brickshelf. I have the finished basic sprite for the new toa model, named newtoa.PNG, and that won't upload, nor will anything else. Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Update 2/23/12: The new Toa body is up.I've actually been finished the new model since the weekend, but Brickshelf was acting up and nothing would upload at all.For this body, I went for a more realistic look. I also fixed the limbs. I will start the spritesheet will Bohrok one(a WIP) is finished.

The Toa body is the same as the Nuva. I don't plan on fixing the legs right now, but I'll see if the armor can be adjusted to fit the new torso.Edit: It fits quite well.

Update 3/1/12: The first 13 pre-made Bohrok poses are up. I am to make at least 20 poses total.Here it isI will add this to the ATOSKit in time. Also, and new additions to this kit will be put in a folder within my "Comics" folder entitled "ATOSKit".

• 3 weeks later...

Update 3/18/12: Since I've been adding so much to this kit since the last edition of the compilation, I've decided to make an up to date one. Also included are some new bohrok poses and the blue Nui-Jaga.HereWhat I plan on doing is making the main things from 2001-2004 in this kit and making another for 2005 and on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I'm going to give a serious critique from my point of view.The one thing that always irked me about this kit is the masks. I'm sorry but most of the masks are entirely disproportional. Even if you don't have the masks you can always look up pictures of them online. Some of the Kanohi (I'm going to assume you know their names) which need major fixing are; both Miru, Kaukau, both Kanohi Hunas, Kanohi Kualsi, first version of the Kanohi Kraakan, and Kanohi Hau Nuva. What you really need to focus on is detail. A lot of the mask are quite well done though, those being specifically, the side view of the Kakama, Kakama Nuva, Kaukau Nuva, all views of the Vahi and the Noble Komau. As I've said before you need to focus on detail because honestly, some of the masks are down right hideous. Although I think the best thing you've made is the maskless heads. Those just look incredible and really I'm impressed.Now the bodies are a different thing all together. Although some might say that the bodies look 'chimoru' I will disagree with them. They look unique and actually quite well done. The only thing that makes them look like 'chimoru' is the premade poses. A lot of the premade poses look similar to a fault.There is one thing that I really... Really dislike. Its that the left leg sticks out too far. Honestly its incredibly annoying just thinking about a person actually standing like that. If you really need that 1 pixel space in between the feet then the right leg should just be moved to make it look like the person is actually standing without fear of falling down backwards.Now the miscellaneous stuff that don't fall into anything I summed up at the top. The rahi are excellent, I think they are quite well done. I'm not really going to comment on the weapons and accessories... You can't really judge facial expressions and the weapons look alright. The bohrok don't look bad... but they also don't look good... Its just in between. I really have no advice on the bohrok since I can't really identify what looks weird about it... The set wise matoran/turaga/matoran look good although the rebuilt one looks really messed up if you were going for set wise. Not sure if I should comment on the halo people on the bottom. If I had to give advice for them then it would be that their arms are too long and their legs too stubby. Also their chest is too wide.So to sum up what I've said above, what you need to do is pay detail to the masks. Don't just look at the mask, actually examine it, take in every little detail at all angles. If you don't have the mask or can't find a picture of the angle then just assume by how it looks in a frontward picture because almost all masks have a frontward picture. Also some advice: Always make the front and side views of the masks first before you make the 45 degree angled view. If you can't pull off a good side view or front view, your 45 degree angled view will be messed up typically.Fix the body to make it look like its at least standing like a person and not on the verge of falling down backwards. Optional would be to change the premade poses or make new ones.So to your question about respriting stuff, I say do it.~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice finished Bohrok, but now...THE HORROR! AND TO THINK ALL THIS TIME, I'VE BEEN BUILDING THEM THE WRONG WAY! Oh well. I refrained from fixing it to keep consistency in my comics. The Miru could use some work, and I can see how many renditions of the Hau you've had to make...that is one hard mask to sprite accurately.

Pk57sNJ.jpg